1. New: Christian Forums Staff Recruit Video.- It's that time of year again. We are having our annual Staff Recruit Drive. Simply ask any staffer to help you apply and enjoy the video...
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Please help us test our new CF PrayPal app available right now in the Google Play store for Android devices. The iPhone app should be available within the next few days. If you would be so kind to also add a review for it that would be great! Thanks!

Just Click Here
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
  • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
  • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting after you have posted 20 posts and have received 5 likes.
  • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why does God keep YOU single?

Discussion in 'Singles (only*)' started by Ash Crimson, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Ash Crimson

Ash Crimson Regular Member

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Other-Church
    Not that we can know the mind of God, but let's assume we can at least guess it and know why God keeps some of us here single. What reasons do you suppose for why he is keeping YOU single?

2. KingCrimson250

KingCrimson250 IS A HOMEBOY

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Christian
    Well because I simply haven't met a girl wonderful enough to be deserving of my love, of course.

Seriously, though. I think the issue for me is twofold: First, I've got some personal issues to walk through a bit, and second, my personality. I feel as though I'm too liberal and iconoclastic to do anything more than irritate a lot of traditional church girls, but I'm too devoted to my calling to traditional pastoral ministry to have much common ground with a lot of the more "unChurch," non-conformist Christian girls, so I end up with a very narrow window of people I can actually have a strong rapport with.

1Prophetess likes this.
  3. Rose of Eden

Rose of Eden Queen of CF and Child of God

Marital Status:
    Single
    Politics:
    US-Democrat
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    My guess for why God is keeping me single for the time being is that He still has some important things He wants to teach me. I think that one of those things is my lifelong struggle with low self-esteem and insecurities. A good friend of mine recently enlightened me to the fact this may be a major reason why I'm still single and that maybe God is actually protecting me by keeping me single until He finishes working on this with me. :)

1Prophetess likes this.
  4. Sieben

Sieben Guest

I have had.. plenty of opportunities, but I feel sort of sick when I think of relationships.

Cause loving someone and then letting go, it is inevitable

SO he keeps me single, so that I do not have to endure it again.

5. Apollo Celestio

Apollo Celestio Deal with it.

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Christian-Seeker
    It's only a punishment for the desperately lonely.

6. Quieted

Quieted Via dolorosa

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Christian-Seeker
    I don't know if God is keeping me single or not, I don't spend time around guys so it's partly of my own doing I suppose. I had opportunities recently at college but just wasn't interested (because I could sense things that would cause problems). I think that God wants us to wait in his timing for the right person. I really don't think much about being single or why I am single. I think that God wants to finish His work in my life so that I am ready for the person He sends. But if He wishes for me to stay single, I think I'll be happy either way. :)

Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
    1Prophetess likes this.
  7. Ash Crimson

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Other-Church
    False.

But if that is how YOU feel, then I can't contest your own feelings, can I?

8. Nilloc

Nilloc Senior Veteran

Marital Status:
    Private
    Why assume God is keeping you or anyone else single (unless you're a Calvinist)?

1Prophetess likes this.
  9. Apollo Celestio

Apollo Celestio Deal with it.

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Christian-Seeker
    Why post at all?

10. Hadassah_

Hadassah_ New Member

Marital Status:
    Private
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't think God is "keeping" me single. I believe I have stood in my own way of relationships and He's merely waiting for me to put my complete trust in Him instead of relying on myself.

I think once I finally say, "Okay God...it's all ours" and not only believe it, but follow it, my life will start changing.

I believe I'm encountering that place in my life so it's just a matter of time before I start seeing and making some changes.

1Prophetess likes this.
  11. OGM

OGM Newbie

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Christian
    I don't know if GOD is actively trying to keep people single. It is really up to us to date/court/marry. I think God is often used as a scapegoat when in truth we have to work on ourselves.

1Prophetess likes this.
  12. Saucy

Saucy Sprinkles are for winners. Supporter

Marital Status:
    Private
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    God keeps me single because He has a sense of humor :D

13. TX_Matt

TX_Matt What's that over there?

Marital Status:
    Single
    Politics:
    US-Democrat
    Faith:
    Christian
    I don't think God is keeping me single or forcing me to be single. In reality, its all up to me, but I do think that God doesn't think I am ready for a relationship and I need to work through a few personal issues before that happens. I could start one anyway, but I think it would be too damaging for me to do that.

1Prophetess likes this.
  14. Nom De Guerre

Nom De Guerre Who amongst you doesn't see life as permanent?

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    ... if I could give the proper emoticon for this I would. :p

It'd be a mix of a one eyebrow raise and a 'sigh' :preach: let me just tell you that much.

15. SplendidTree

SplendidTree Legend

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Lutheran
    I am choosing to stay single right now. I don't think God thinks I am ready, and to be honest, I don't think I am either.

Keri, 1Prophetess and Saucy like this.
  16. IamStefanie

IamStefanie Newbie

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    Very good responses I have read. I can relate to most of you, so I won't elaborate...and since I am single, I thank God for the gift, considering who/where I was in the past.

1Prophetess likes this.
  17. avi8tor

avi8tor Newbie

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    I am single by choice. I even have girls ask why I'm still single. Right now I've been moving around a good bit for my job. I'm a career man for the time being. Its been three years since I have been established somewhere for more than a year. Also I feel like I am a young man of rare caliber. I am definitely an overachiever and I have ALWAYS been the best at what I do. I'm going to the top and looking for the right girl to take with me. I have dated girls who want to settle for less in their own life which lets me know they are not qualified. In fact the few girls I have seriously dated are all now with guys who have settled for less in their own lives. I can't have just another average girl in my life. I'm different.

1Prophetess likes this.
  18. genestealerbroodlord

genestealerbroodlord Regular Member

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Christian-Seeker
    I'm single because I don't fit in. As far as I know, it has more to do with me just having a run of bad luck growing up, which stopped me from learning good social skills.

When I have tried to learn social skills or get a girlfriend, the bad luck comes back and knocks me back down, leaving me alone again and with more people to add to the people who hate me list. I now know my place and will stop trying to fit in to what society seems to wan't me to be.

As the Wrestler Rick Steiner used to say "If you don't like me, bite me" That's the way I see it now. I would rather be me and be alone for the rest of my life, than be something I don't like, just to have someone in my life.

I do miss cuddles though. And making someone special smile is awesome.

1Prophetess likes this.
  19. PeculiarTreasure

PeculiarTreasure Mishief Mangaged

Marital Status:
    Single
    Politics:
    US-Republican
    Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm still single because God is preparing me and my future husband to meet one day. (if indeed His plans include marriage)

1Prophetess likes this.
  20. Ash Crimson

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Other-Church
    I don't know, why not?