Why does God hate inappropriate content?

BlondieLashes

Finally a butterfly...
Aug 1, 2005
Standing right behind you! ;)
✟19,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is nothing in the bible about inappropriate content. King David and Soloman had concubines who were not technically married to them and that was not wrong in the eyes of God. The modern church is way out in left field in the way it demonizes sex. There are sexual sins and sexual immorailty but its not from inappropriate content or from sleeping with your GF. The more the church pushes it and condemns it the less relavance they will have since they are not even following the bible, they are vehminitly placing burdens on people that are not biblical.

Tribal- What does King David and Solomon having concubines have to do with the inappropriate content industry of today? Do you know anything about the inappropriate content industry? Have you read the stats that I posted earlier in this thread about the deaths and diseases that are rampant in the industry? I used to be in the sex industry and know firsthand that it is not of God! I am not going to debate this as this is not a debate forum but just couldn't sit by and watch your post go unanswered.

Upvote 0

GrayAngel

Sep 11, 2006
USA
✟21,292.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
There is nothing in the bible about inappropriate content. King David and Soloman had concubines who were not technically married to them and that was not wrong in the eyes of God. The modern church is way out in left field in the way it demonizes sex. There are sexual sins and sexual immorailty but its not from inappropriate content or from sleeping with your GF. The more the church pushes it and condemns it the less relavance they will have since they are not even following the bible, they are vehminitly placing burdens on people that are not biblical.

David was not exactly a perfect man, you know. He did have that little affair with Bathsheba, where he essentially ended up killing her husband to cover up his own mistake.

Most of the OT heroes had their sins, but it didn't always result in God's wrath raining down and striking people dead.

Upvote 0

unruhka

Jan 29, 2012
✟7,611.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
No one may read this, seeing as how late I am to this, but from someone who was a victim of sex trafficking, I'd like to say that most people in the sex industry are trafficking victims and/or victims of past abuse whose idea of sex have been skewed. If you are ok helping to support the victimization of girls and women and sin against God, ok. Besides the fact of lusting after something that is unreal, you are helping create a nightmare for poor, young girls. If you think inappropriate content is ok, you are really saying that rape is ok. That is the honest truth. Take it from someone who knows what it is really like. Why does God hate inappropriate content? Because it hurts his daughters, and that makes him very angry.

Upvote 0
D

DreamerOfHearts

I understand the lust factor, but does He really expect for a single 21 year old college male that is full of testosterone(myself) to not look? Why would he create such a strong urge if he knew it would be so completely hard to overcome?

Also, I have had such a strong conviction when watching inappropriate content lately that I actually feel like I have difficulty breathing at times. It's like something is choking me and I have a hard time believing that it's a demon because that's a bit over the top for me.

There are no secrets like people think there are. Christians are learning how to judge what is inside people's hearts these days. It comes out in your speech and behavior, and people can read that. Everyone has to go to the bathroom, but not everyone has to sit around watching inappropriate content.

The inappropriate content industry feeds on a lot of people who are victims of sexual abuse. Some do it because they like sex, but that also corrupts them. It brings them out of reality into a delusion. Delusions always will get burned away. The more deeply you engage in a delusion, the more the fire will burn.

You train your brain and body when you repeat something. Practice something else.

Upvote 0

znr

Report THIS.
Site Supporter
Apr 13, 2010
Silverado
✟30,220.00
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Private
No one may read this, seeing as how late I am to this, but from someone who was a victim of sex trafficking, I'd like to say that most people in the sex industry are trafficking victims and/or victims of past abuse whose idea of sex have been skewed. If you are ok helping to support the victimization of girls and women and sin against God, ok. Besides the fact of lusting after something that is unreal, you are helping create a nightmare for poor, young girls. If you think inappropriate content is ok, you are really saying that rape is ok. That is the honest truth. Take it from someone who knows what it is really like. Why does God hate inappropriate content? Because it hurts his daughters, and that makes him very angry.

This woman is amazing!

shelleylubben.com | Former inappropriate content Actress Shelley Lubben

Upvote 0
Feb 13, 2013
✟7,611.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
On one hand, there is nothing in the Bible that explicitly states that masturbating to inappropriate content is a sin. inappropriate content in its current form did not exist until at least the 19th Century, although there were inappropriate contentographic frescoes found in Roman brothels of Jesus' time period.

However, there are many references to "lewdness" in the Bible, and one could easily interpret the word to mean anything they would want it to be; therein lies the danger.

One thing you have to understand is, that unless something is explicitly stated one way or another in the Bible, it is NOT Biblical, and therefore is merely an opinion (and can be ignored as such). An example of this would be a sermon, which is usually a pastor's learned position on one matter or another.

Aside from being Biblical, there are still the results of one's actions (or inactions) that one would need to consider: when you do (or don't) do something, are you conforming to Jesus' commandment "Love one another?" If you love someone, would you therefore do (or not do) something that might cause pain, distress, suffering, etc.?

Are we going to be consigned to the Lake of Fire because we do something that, in the OPINION of others, is sinful? I think that this is unlikely (this too is an opinion, and I will state it as being such).

The danger in equating opinion with the Word of God is that we become like the Pharisees and Sadducees of old; we all know the kind of contempt that Jesus had for those people!

Notwithstanding, I still find opinion to be interesting, especially when it conforms to that of my own :D ... and I imagine that most of us feel the same way.

Your brother in Christ,

Biblical Christian

Upvote 0

CounselorForChrist

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
^that^ :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

One thing you have to understand is, that unless something is explicitly stated one way or another in the Bible, it is NOT Biblical, and therefore is merely an opinion (and can be ignored as such). An example of this would be a sermon, which is usually a pastor's learned position on one matter or another.

Aside from being Biblical, there are still the results of one's actions (or inactions) that one would need to consider: when you do (or don't) do something, are you conforming to Jesus' commandment "Love one another?" If you love someone, would you therefore do (or not do) something that might cause pain, distress, suffering, etc.?

Are we going to be consigned to the Lake of Fire because we do something that, in the OPINION of others, is sinful? I think that this is unlikely (this too is an opinion, and I will state it as being such).
I know my stance on somethings like MB is there is no right or wrong view since its a grey area. But I try not to say if its not mentioned in the bible then we do whatever we think is right/wrong. Because that becomes legalistic and dangerous as a christian.

For example the bible says we can't have sex with animals. But it doesn't say we can't marry them. So therefor is it not a sin to marry one? And if its a marriage then is it ok to have sex with one?

You can see where "its not in the bible" can bring up issues. As for the topic at hand inappropriate content is a sin. Its lust. Simple as that. MB however (if you think of nothing) is not lust.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Barricade24

Feb 3, 2012
In a Chair
✟8,627.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God hates inappropriate content because it can and will destroy peoples lives. It starts out as harmless fun and then it spirals out of control consuming people. I'm speaking from personal experience of seeing it destroy a family member. My best advice would be to turn to God and pray for him to help you quit. Pray hard my friend. You have to acknowledge it is wrong and want to stop it. Looking for advice about it on here is fine but the desire to quit has to come from inside you. I think when you see it is wrong and want to stop God will know of your desire to turn from it and help you. Good luck and God Bless

It is indeed true. I too have personal experience with this. You won't really know how bad it is until you get out of it and look back on it yourself.

I encourage you to stop as well. It is better to stop it before it grows into something worse. Basically any sin that goes unchecked can grow into something worse. It is best if you don't let that happen.

But as Scott said, you need to have desire to quit in order to stop. God can only help you if you let him into your heart and take control.

Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDave

At your service....
Jun 19, 2012
Northern Florida
✟11,541.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I understand the lust factor, but does He really expect for a single 21 year old college male that is full of testosterone(myself) to not look? Why would he create such a strong urge if he knew it would be so completely hard to overcome?

Also, I have had such a strong conviction when watching inappropriate content lately that I actually feel like I have difficulty breathing at times. It's like something is choking me and I have a hard time believing that it's a demon because that's a bit over the top for me.

Hello. Its a struggle for many many men today...both christian and otherwise.

To answer your specific questions ---

a. Yes, God does expect us to have self control put into action . He hopes we will desire the things which make up his very character, nature, and Person...that is : Purity, holiness, righteousness, morality, ethics, etc... but in our present fleshly condition, we either dont want those things and/or we want to do what we want to do at any time. Such is the inherent rebellion of mankind. UNLESS, the person decides to want Gods very power in his/her life to overcome such addictive destructive choices of sin ...and, you only get that by recieving the SOn of God into your life and heart then God promises to give you real tangible power to resist sin. The simple procedure is outlined in my signature below and requires a very genuine recieving of Christ into your Soul. If youre willing to do that, then you are well on your way to being able to live a life that doesnt have you ensnared to such addictions as inappropriate content, etc..

b. It isnt impossible to overcome. No temptation or addiction to sin, is. We are powerless however to do it on our own strength. But with God , all things are possible. If you dont reach out for God thru Christ, you wont be sucessful for long in combating Satans temptations in your life.

c. The uncomfortableness you feel when viewing inappropriate content is God convicting you thru your moral conscience , and...you are responding to it . Praise God for his love and care for you, eh ?! I think you are ready to yield your life now to Christ...am i right ? You wont believe the change God will make in your life if you let him have your life completely. Is there anything holding you back from that right now ?

d. Heres a very good short writeup on how inappropriate content affects the Male Brain . If you care to read the article, you will understand better how addicting it soon becomes and how guilty you feel for getting further away from what God wants for your life : The Effects of inappropriate content on the Male Brain | CRI

I hope this helped in some way my fellow Male friend.

Upvote 0