Why does God hate inappropriate content?

BlondieLashes

Finally a butterfly...
Aug 1, 2005
Standing right behind you! ;)
✟19,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Out of about 1,500 performers working in California, 41 people that we know of died from AIDS, suicide, homicide and drug related deaths between 2007 and 2011. 28 more deaths were due to medical causes to include lung disease, heart failure and cancer. These are only the deaths. There are many more living with diseases and cancers which are too numerous to count.
That is a total of 69 premature deaths in four years out of a very small group of workers. No other industry has these kinds of statistics, not even the music industry which is at least 10 times bigger than the inappropriate content industry. (Read my book for more statistics.)
When the deaths of 129 inappropriate content performers over a period of roughly 20 years were analyzed it was discovered that were an unusually large number of premature deaths from such causes as drugs, suicide, murder, alcohol abuse, accidental death, and disease. It was also discovered that the average life expectancy of a inappropriate content performer is only 37.43 years whereas the average life expectancy of an American is 78.1 years. "-Shelley Lubben

Upvote 0

GrayAngel

Sep 11, 2006
USA
✟21,292.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Grave sin of masturbation?

Ahaha...please explain to me why it's bad to touch? I am a 21 year old athlete who is full of testosterone...it seems IMPOSSIBLE to me to NOT touch. My testosterone levels were twice as high as others my age...

The thing about sin is that we all do it, whether we want to or not. We are imperfect people, who naturally act imperfectly.

Yes, masturbation is something most people struggle with. Does that justify it?

I don't know for sure if it's a sin. But I think back to what the Bible says: All things are permissible, but not beneficial. God's not going take away anyone's salvation over masturbation.

besides, mental castration is nowhere out of the question. The real question is, why would God not want some younger/older teens doing that?? It's worked out well for me!!

I don't understand what you mean by mental castration. What do you mean by that?

Upvote 0

tripletiger1200

Amazing Grace, How Sweet the Sound
Jun 23, 2011
✟8,151.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Matthew 5:27-28

27 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’[a] 28 But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

That's about all you need to know. Straight from the mouth of The Savior Himself. God's rules aren't there to deprive you of something nice. They're their to protect you from the consequences of choosing those actions and to set you apart from the world. God knows you have those urges, and He is just a prayer away if you need help with that, and everyone does. inappropriate content will dehumanize women in your mind, and that's not going to help you to love others. inappropriate content is addictive, so do you really want to risk getting addicted and hurting your future family or your reputation? Besides, don't you want to get out and do something better than choking the chicken all day long? You have multiple other appendages, why not have some fun using them?

Upvote 0

Johnnz

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2004
New Zealand
✟74,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
It;' snot that cleat. Unless you know some Greek you won't get an adequate understanding of what Jesus was teaching. Here are some comments by two well regarded Christian scholars:

"Kingdom Ethics By Stassen & Gushee. They write "This single sentence is among the most damagingly misunderstood in the entire scriptural record. Much hinges on a proper translation of the key phrase pros to epithymesai. Most modem translations miss the critical dimension of intent that is implicit here. For example, the NRSV reads "everyone who looks at a woman with lust" compare the NIV - "anyone who looks at a woman lustfully." The KJV actually captures the nuance more adequately: "whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her." Donald Hagner has it just about right: "everyone who looks at a woman with the purpose of lusting after her" (Matthew 1-13, 119). Guelich translates the phrase "in order to desire having her (sexually)," emphasizing the aspect of possession of what belongs to another (Sermon on the Mount, 193-94).

This small matter of exegesis and translation is no small matter at all. The more common and less accurate translation has contributed greatly to an idealistic/unrealistic rendering of Jesus' teaching. If Jesus is saying that the first spark of attraction one has to another person is the equivalent of the act of adultery, then surely the average adult---especially the average male-has committed many such acts. If so, the teaching of Jesus is intended simply to shame us or to show us how far we are from the perfection he demands.

However, this is not the nature of Jesus' teaching. If we read his teaching instead as concrete direction concerning how to do God's will and thus enjoy kingdom existence here and now, then he must mean something like what the Greek text actually seems to say. Jesus is identifying an act of human will (or a pattern of human wilfulness) which leads us in the direction of violating God's will and thus ensnaring ourselves in misery.

An accurate description of this process or pattern of behaviour would begin with the acknowledgment that precisely because we are embodied sexual selves, sexual attraction is an inescapable dimension of human existence. We are drawn mysteriously to the physical beauty and form of others, certain others in particular. When we encounter people who for whatever reason of face, shape or form are particularly appealing to us, we frequently experience a momentary frisson of excitement, a spark of attraction. This appears to be part of the created order and should not be identified as sinful [FONT=&quot](d. [/FONT]Allison, Sermon on the Mount, 73-74). (It should also be noted that we are sometimes drawn to the inner beauty of others; a different path that can have the same result.)"

John
NZ

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MasterpieceMesias

King of Stoic Cynicism
Feb 20, 2011
Somewhere away from people
✟8,602.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
The thing about sin is that we all do it, whether we want to or not. We are imperfect people, who naturally act imperfectly.

Yes, masturbation is something most people struggle with. Does that justify it?

I don't know for sure if it's a sin. But I think back to what the Bible says: All things are permissible, but not beneficial. God's not going take away anyone's salvation over masturbation.

I don't understand what you mean by mental castration. What do you mean by that?

Whatever it is, it still sounds like it hurts.:o
facepalm.jpg

basically when you physically castrate yourself, you have no sex drive. Mentally pretty much the same thing except you get to keep your privates lolz, and you don't have to worry about lusting pretty much.

Upvote 0

Blueforest

Created well and commanded to be sick
Jun 10, 2011
✟1,191.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
basically when you physically castrate yourself, you have no sex drive. Mentally pretty much the same thing except you get to keep your privates lolz, and you don't have to worry about lusting pretty much.

Physical castration would work better though.

Once you do that, it's done and you ain't gettin' those pieces back. :)

Upvote 0

Blueforest

Jun 10, 2011
✟1,191.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
*sigh*
I'm being serious, dude. enough with the sarcasm already.

It's not sarcasm. It's the truth.

It will solve your problem ASAP.

I've heard stories of men doing this. It's extreme, but I guarantee it will solve your problem. No more evil, satanic urges. Simple.

Upvote 0

SonOfTheWest

Britpack
Sep 26, 2010
United Kingdom
✟9,861.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Labour
OK guy, your monumental sentence is too much for this stupid American to understand. You got to tone down the intellectual rhetoric if you expect a southern bumpkin like me to get your point. You are only allowed to have one/two 8+ letter words in a sentence.

If you consider comparing one addiction to another as a monumental then you're pretty much just putting yourself down. That's a problem you're going to have to solve on your own then.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Blueforest

Jun 10, 2011
✟1,191.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Candid post:

You know what? I'm sick of trying to "do good" by God / christianity's standards. For a long time, I used to think this was a very immoral issue.

But God has decided to willfully withhold blessing me with a great relationship, so I'm done. Obviously He mustn't have much of any issue with this, since He expects me to suffer and be alone. So who cares if I look at... (gasp) naked women? I doubt if He does, and neither do I anymore.

Upvote 0

mytel

Sep 18, 2009
australia
✟9,501.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Blueforest, noone knows Gods plan for your life. Gods grace is sufficient. I know your struggle, many go through this, but giving into this temptation won't help the situation. Just put God first, and submit to Him, don't focus on what you don't have at this point in time (wife, great relationship,etc), as it will just create anger and maybe even envy of those who have these things. Enjoy your life now, and you never know who might wander into it.

Upvote 0

MasterpieceMesias

King of Stoic Cynicism
Feb 20, 2011
Somewhere away from people
✟8,602.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Blueforest, noone knows Gods plan for your life. Gods grace is sufficient. I know your struggle, many go through this, but giving into this temptation won't help the situation. Just put God first, and submit to Him, don't focus on what you don't have at this point in time (wife, great relationship,etc), as it will just create anger and maybe even envy of those who have these things. Enjoy your life now, and you never know who might wander into it.

I agree with that statement up until the bolded part. I don't know if you know this, but life isn't a Hallmark movie. I'm sure you've heard stories of people who were incredibly lonely and they stopped caring/looking for love and then someone miraculously showed up and whoop-de-do they lived happily ever after *eye-roll*. But that's why they're called miracles, because if they happened frequently, they wouldn't be called that. Blueforest, don't even base your happiness off of having a relationship/marriage, because trust me, life is probably much easier without it. Grass isn't always greener on the other side as it may appear. I'm sure you'll end up with a great girl someday, but if you don't (let's hope not), then don't get all bent out of shape because it really isn't important or detrimental enough to get all po'ed at God for.

Upvote 0

bsd31

Aug 16, 2009
South of Canada, North of Mexico
✟17,400.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I understand the lust factor, but does He really expect for a single 21 year old college male that is full of testosterone(myself) to not look? Why would he create such a strong urge if he knew it would be so completely hard to overcome?

Simple answer, yes. He expects you to take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. (2 Corinthians 10:5)

Also, I have had such a strong conviction when watching inappropriate content lately that I actually feel like I have difficulty breathing at times. It's like something is choking me and I have a hard time believing that it's a demon because that's a bit over the top for me.

You find believing in demons hard? How can you be a Christian and have a hard time believing in demons?

But I don't know that it's demons which are attacking you. Maybe you are being crushed under the weight of your guilt. Because you know it is wrong to watch inappropriate content but then you want to justify yourself by saying God can't expect a 21 year old with an overabundance of testosterone to actually be obedient.

Upvote 0

mytel

Sep 18, 2009
australia
✟9,501.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Masterpiece, far enough, i understand your point of view. I know life isnt always a fairytale or movie, but always thinking about it and obsessing about it isn't good either, especially if its making you so frustrated you want to give up your faith/or jump into sin. I guess what i meant you just got to relax and enjoy being single, because as masterpiece said, being in a serious relationship/having a wife, you have a whole new set of responsibilities, expectations, etc. its not just about the physical relationship.

Upvote 0