Why does God hate inappropriate content?

GrayAngel

Sep 11, 2006
USA
✟21,292.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Anything that controls your life, anything that is more important to you than God, is sin. Addictions take over the life that God wants from you, and it is essentially equivalent to worshiping false gods.

People will tell you that it's harmless, but it's not. Any addiction, whether inappropriate contentography, drinking, excessive video gaming, smoking, ect, exchanges your joy for temporary pleasures, which will slowly steal your life away. Some are more damaging than others, but they're all bad.

If you want to live your life to the fullest, then don't let anything take control over your life other than God. Keep within His will, avoiding sexual immorality, and you won't regret it.

Upvote 0

GrayAngel

Sep 11, 2006
USA
✟21,292.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The thing is, it's a type of "addiction" that is present in almost all males, especially at a certain age. I'm not saying they all watch inappropriate content, but most have ridiculously strong sex urges. If you're a woman you will never fully understand.

So, if I pray to God he will cause the testosterone to not be released by my testes and, in turn, not stimulate my sex drive?

A common misconception when it comes to sin is that there is safety in numbers. Just because it's a common sin doesn't mean it is good for you.

Upvote 0

SoldierOfSoul

Senior Veteran
May 5, 2009
Narnia
✟12,809.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If only more American Christians(and Christians elsewhere) were as concerned with those addicted to inappropriate contentography as they were to those addicted to food.
Did you really just compare food to inappropriate content?:doh:

Does a food addiction support organized crime? No, a inappropriate content addiction does.

Upvote 0

SoldierOfSoul

Senior Veteran
May 5, 2009
Narnia
✟12,809.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nope. I compared...*drum roll*...addiction to....ANOTHER addiction. I wouldn't expect an American to get it.

I know what your saying and it's a a non-point. Addiction is addiction, yes, but WHAT your actually addicted to is an important consideration. Someone may eat for two but they probably wont eat for three. On the other hand someone with a unchecked sex addiction may populate a small island if it gets that out of control. The point: Sex addiction is worse than food addiction, and inappropriate content is usually just a stepping stone on the way to further depravity.

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
God hates inappropriate content not only because it involves the grave sin of entertaining lustful thoughts but also because it objectifies the people involved. It turns them into mere objects to be used for one's own sexual pleasure. Not only that but inappropriate contentography also involves the grave sin of masturbation. It also involves immodesty.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GoBlue24

Jul 27, 2011
✟7,614.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
God hates inappropriate content not only because it involves the grave sin of entertaining lustful thoughts but also because it objectifies the people involved. It turns them into mere objects to be used for one's own sexual pleasure. Not only that but inappropriate contentography also involves the grave sin of masturbation. It also involves immodesty.

Grave sin of masturbation?

Ahaha...please explain to me why it's bad to touch? I am a 21 year old athlete who is full of testosterone...it seems IMPOSSIBLE to me to NOT touch. My testosterone levels were twice as high as others my age...

Upvote 0

tcwoods91

Friend of God
Jun 11, 2011
Newberg, Oregon
Visit site
✟7,833.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Grave sin of masturbation?

Ahaha...please explain to me why it's bad to touch? I am a 21 year old athlete who is full of testosterone...it seems IMPOSSIBLE to me to NOT touch. My testosterone levels were twice as high as others my age...

It also seemed impossible that Jesus could walk on water.

"I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength." Philippians 4:13

In our own power we can't do it, but in the power of Jesus Christ we can be free. I am a 20 year old male and I am free from inappropriate content. Not in my own strength, but in the strength of Jesus Christ, realizing that I cannot do it on my own. It did not come immediately, but through seeking to know God more and more. As I surrendered more and more to Jesus God began transforming my heart and mind to where I despised the very idea of inappropriate content.

Now straight from the mouth of Jesus Christ!

"But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart." Matthew 5:28

Masturbation certainly falls into that category. We cannot allow thoughts such as these to dwell in our minds. You can be free as well!

Upvote 0

BFine

Seed Planter
Jul 19, 2011
My room
✟11,098.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
The fact remains that without proper education (and asking a woman like mom or grandma (? eww) who was never getting anywhere is not going to help anyone else get anywhere either). If you want good advice, you go to someone getting the results you want, not to someone as clueless as you are, of course.

Technically, it's the men who at fault anyway, not the women.

*I am sharing my own experience...I know everyone didn't have the advantage I had.

My mother and grandmother weren't clueless women who smiled and said wait until you are married.
They are/were women I could sit down with and
talk about personal things with, even things that were to be done "behind closed doors" in marriage.

In my family we talked about things and there was trust. The older people in our circle cared about the young and looked out for them as best as they could. God was honored and we learned about him early in life. Attending church and fellowship were important, so was apologizing and forgiving one another. You didn't get by with sarcastically spoken "I'm sorry". Having good manners was taught then...they sure aren't today! Adults and children are rude and crude.

Where they grew up (in the south) it was commonplace for the older black women to instruct younger women and the men to instruct the younger men. It wasn't an "ewww" thing either. You don't have to get "down and dirty" to explain what occurs in the marriage bed.
Today--it's all about pleasing self. It's amazing the changes that I have seen in the 4 decades I've been on this earth.

It is too bad that men and ladies today aren't being taught better.
I believe that is why my church(& some others) have went back to teaching the teens/young ladies/young men how to manage the home, cooking and nutrition, creating budgets, discussing marriage-bed topics, conflict resolutions etc.

These "young folks" aren't being taught that in the home and many of the youth/teens at church come from single-parent homes... their parents don't attend church. Many of them hardly ever see their fathers or even know who he is.

"Young folks" are curious, they look for stuff to get into whether it's good or bad.
Also, inappropriate content addiction isn't limited to men, there's plenty of women who are hooked as well.
They love the erotic romance stories that include clear sexual details...whether it's books or movies, the women are hooked!
(I have seen them sneaking those X-rated movies from the stores with blacked out windows.)

Many women are in denial but they are addicted to inappropriate content.

Reactions: GrayAngel
Upvote 0

MasterpieceMesias

King of Stoic Cynicism
Feb 20, 2011
Somewhere away from people
✟8,602.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Dude I struggled with a inappropriate content addiction since I was 7 until age 13 (I'm 18 now, my age is wrong), then I mentally castrated myself to protect from that sort of sin ever happening again, I'm not making the same mistake twice. Yeah I agree it will ruin marital relationships and that 'urge' is reserved for a spouse. But, lettuce be cereal, who in their right mind in the generation I was born in would get married?? I sure ain't. It's a waste of effort and time and there are more pressing issues at hand. Especially considering how much divorce rates have sprung up as compared to before. Christian or not Christian, modern day marriage is pointless imho and I refuse to tarnish myself with such. I may sound a bit harsh, but I base this on what I've heard from past friends and my own experiences with lust and relationships. Dating to me seems pointless, because if you are like me, the temptations and urges during dating will be too hard to overcome and 9/10 times you'll end up doing something you'll regret. So, here's a brilliant idea, why not just cut the umbilical chord and not put yourself in the open for something like that to happen in the 1st place? Like I said, much more pressing issues at hand than marriage & relationships.
/rant

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RobPhillips79

Jul 28, 2011
Taiwan
Visit site
✟15,205.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
The thing is, if I was a creator and I saw my creations selling pictures of their body to each other for money and bread, I would not feel right. These ain't no Pokemon collector's cards, you know what I mean? It's your dignity and value of your body as well as in God's eyes. However, I believe he understands. God created an organism that lives the reality that it believes. With levels of faith of varying degrees in whatever.
Now, the self-pleasing behavior on the other hand is a conundrum. It's not like you can find yourself a mate and get married around 10 years old when you reach puberty. It's just setting yourself up to feel guilty and shame by not being celibate. However, at those ages inappropriate content is out of the question anyway. Once 18, people tend to say that if it's not excessive it is okay to do. If God saw you during your private session, what would he think?
Anyway, that's my 2 cents on a emotional and proud God.
On the other hand, I believe we evolved from simpler species. I believe we are animals and that we have hormones which develop physical and emotional needs that arise for attraction to the opposite gender (that we have developed it as a means of survival) and that it's completely normal to have such feelings and that they have nothing to do with Satan but more about creating a bond and pull towards the other gender (we wouldn't go far without these emotions because humans also have a selfish gene for self-preservation; an interesting duality of the nature of mankind). [However, deadly sins are deadly sins; refraining from the extremes is a good idea imo].

Upvote 0

SonOfTheWest

Britpack
Sep 26, 2010
United Kingdom
✟9,861.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Labour
I know what your saying and it's a a non-point. Addiction is addiction, yes, but WHAT your actually addicted to is an important consideration.

Your monumental failure to understand a point does not make it a nonpoint. It just marks you as failing to understand what the actual point was.

Someone may eat for two but they probably wont eat for three. On the other hand someone with a unchecked sex addiction may populate a small island if it gets that out of control.

LoL. So this is why there is an obesity epidemic in your country. You have strange priorities. I think of it much like how your issues with alcohol that aren't addressed in proportion to other substances and how they are addressed.

Upvote 0

Johnnz

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2004
New Zealand
✟74,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
This is part of another post I made recently.

[FONT=&quot]Our modern individuality and intense sense of privacy are very dominant factors in our society. Coupled with an historical unease about human sexuality within our Christian traditions we have an unnatural prudishness. Words such as 'dirty' applying to sex illustrate this point. We lack the ability to naturally be corporate with one another as a consequence, quite apart from the sexual. On another thread a poster on some short term mission trips went to a society that was largely naked. Couples would engage in intercourse quite openly. My thoughts tend towards accepting that the total openness expressed by the words in Genesis "they were naked and not ashamed" most likely meant that sex too would be an open activity within a society that was transparent with each other.

It's not the nakedness nor the sexual activity of inappropriate content that concerns me. Rather, it is the reduction of sex to a purely impersonal level, both for participants and viewers, that is its greatest evil. We are not created to act as if we were sexual machines.

It seems widely accepted that inappropriate content is a-relational. if that is so, then sex within marriage must be affected by regular inappropriate content viewing. Whatever physical/chemical associations are established through viewing inappropriate content, anyone seeking to renew their sexuality must develop concepts that recognise several basic factors involved in our living as sexual beings.

Sex is a natural interest for most of us.
The opposite sex is meant to have some attraction for the other.
The human body is meant to be fully acceptable to each of us, both our own and those of other people of either gender, all of it. Thus nudity is not necessarily wrong and any social conventions must be assessed against that criterion.
Marriage is a specific commitment for and where our sexuality both creates new life, and is part of a deep interpersonal sharing of oneself.

[/FONT]John
NZ

Upvote 0

SoldierOfSoul

Senior Veteran
May 5, 2009
Narnia
✟12,809.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your monumental failure to understand a point does not make it a nonpoint. It just marks you as failing to understand what the actual point was.

OK guy, your monumental sentence is too much for this stupid American to understand. You got to tone down the intellectual rhetoric if you expect a southern bumpkin like me to get your point. You are only allowed to have one/two 8+ letter words in a sentence.

Upvote 0