WHY does GOD choose TO reside in SECRET?

smithed64

To Die is gain, To Live is Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 2, 2013
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟41,497.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Why not simply show himself to humans? Why all the mystery? If communication is indeed what is needed, why not communicate in a more direct way instead of in a way that can be doubted?

When we doubt, we show how weak we are. And in our weakness, God builds our strengths. We are to completely, not halfway, not a little bit. But completely trust Him. He should be the main reason why you get up in the morning. To somehow, someway obey Him and spread the Gospel. To finish the work that He started with Jesus Christ.
Christ finished the salvation of mankind, by dying on that cross. Nailing our sins upon it. We just have to repent and place our trust in Him. He finished His ministry In the form of a man and then Ascended to be with the father. Commissioning us to carry on with the work, he started.
Yeah, God has some mysteries that we have yet to find out about. Why? I believe it's because if we knew them, we'd take the credit of it. Instead of giving Him the Glory for it. Maybe some of those mysteries are there to keep us seeking and knocking to have Him answer our prayers. We only know his thoughts as far as He inspired those to write them down.
John tells us the Christ did so much, that even the world couldn't have space for the books that could be written.
There are many things in which we could have learned from Him. That God says "My grace is sufficient for you."
We must have the trust of a child and know that no matter what, He is there and in time all will be revealed.

John 21:25
25There are many more things that Jesus did. If all of them were written down, I suppose not even the world itself would have space for the books that would be written.

Upvote 0

Stillicidia

Revanche Flower
Site Supporter
Apr 22, 2016
Mystic Meadows
✟11,021.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Constitution
Meaning of life is to be like Jesus.
God wants faith.
He would suggest to you not to ever play as God, but he does it very well anyway. He knows what he's looking for, which in this case is faith, and he wants a family, a family with faith.

He has spoken to people directly by the way, and they still refused him. It isn't like he didn't already try that. He's very smart, even with all the little you see day by day.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The Scriptures say without faith, it is impossible to please Him.

God wants us to trust Him because it talks about the very nature of a person's heart. Life is a test. Life is not about GOD trying to communicate 100% perfectly with every human being. A person has to want to listen to GOD and they have to want to follow Him with a pure heart and not with some kind of hidden agenda.

Upvote 0

Cowboy88

Oct 27, 2016
USA
✟15,155.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why not simply show himself to humans? Why all the mystery? If communication is indeed what is needed, why not communicate in a more direct way instead of in a way that can be doubted?
God doesn't reside in secret. He has made all those mysteries known to us. It was mankind that originally turned away from God and still does today through sin. Thus he came down to earth in the form of a man to give his life for us as a ransom of the sins we commit, committed, and might still be committing. So we can be forgiven and "return" to God when he builds the final kingdom.

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
God doesn't reside in secret. He has made all those mysteries known to us. It was mankind that originally turned away from God and still does today through sin. Thus he came down to earth in the form of a man to give his life for us as a ransom of the sins we commit, committed, and might still be committing. So we can be forgiven and "return" to God when he builds the final kingdom.

I am not the one who describes him as being in secret. The Bible does:

Matt 6:5
So that your giving may be in secret. And your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 5And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites. For they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. Truly I tell you, they already have their reward. 6But when you pray, go into your inner room, shut your door, and pray to your Father, who is unseen. And your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.…
Berean

So why all the secrecy?

BTW

I am aware of the different modes that were used to transmit the knowledge we now have.
What I am talking about is a direct manifestation. Why this hiding behind what seems like a deep silence?

Upvote 0

Cowboy88

Oct 27, 2016
USA
✟15,155.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am not the one who describes him as being in secrete. The Bible does:

Matt 6:5
So that your giving may be in secret. And your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 5And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites. For they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. Truly I tell you, they already have their reward. 6But when you pray, go into your inner room, shut your door, and pray to your Father, who is unseen. And your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.…
Berean

That verse doesn't say God is in secret. It says to pray to God in secret. Praying to God in secret rather then in the open as he states, allows us to pray directly to God with no worries of what's necessarily being said or how it's said in relation to how another person would take it if they heard you saying the prayer.

Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Because HE knows perfectly what is in men.
Men are willfully despising HIM and HIS SON WHO was CRUCIFIED HORRIBLY after being arrested, beaten , (worse),
and hung on a tree
FOR THEM (men who despise HIM).

IF they are willing, HE will save them.

IF they continue to despise and reject HIM,
they never see heaven.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
When we doubt, we show how weak we are. And in our weakness, God builds our strengths. We are to completely, not halfway, not a little bit. But completely trust Him. He should be the main reason why you get up in the morning. To somehow, someway obey Him and spread the Gospel. To finish the work that He started with Jesus Christ.
Christ finished the salvation of mankind, by dying on that cross. Nailing our sins upon it. We just have to repent and place our trust in Him. He finished His ministry In the form of a man and then Ascended to be with the father. Commissioning us to carry on with the work, he started.
Yeah, God has some mysteries that we have yet to find out about. Why? I believe it's because if we knew them, we'd take the credit of it. Instead of giving Him the Glory for it. Maybe some of those mysteries are there to keep us seeking and knocking to have Him answer our prayers. We only know his thoughts as far as He inspired those to write them down.
John tells us the Christ did so much, that even the world couldn't have space for the books that could be written.
There are many things in which we could have learned from Him. That God says "My grace is sufficient for you."
We must have the trust of a child and know that no matter what, He is there and in time all will be revealed.

John 21:25
25There are many more things that Jesus did. If all of them were written down, I suppose not even the world itself would have space for the books that would be written.

Why demand such trust when he can simply thunder with his voice and put all atheistic doubt to rest?

Reactions: evoeth
Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
That verse doesn't say God is in secret. It says to pray to God in secret. Praying to God in secret rather then in the open as he states, allows us to pray directly to God with no worries of what's necessarily being said or how it's said in relation to how another person would take it if they heard you saying the prayer.

... and your father who resides in secret... it says.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I think God’s will is clearly in the Bible, love others as the Bible tells. What more should we have? And would it really make any difference, would people love more? I don’t think it would make any difference, therefore it is not necessary to give more than what we have. For those who hear God, Bible is enough.

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.

John 10:27

I think the problem is really usually in that people don’t really want to hear, else the Bible would be sufficient. Because many people don’t like the message, they want more from God, they want to hear God that speaks what people want and obviously, that will not happen, because God remains the same and the message remains the same.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
does it now? Maybe I've gotten illiterate for this verse :( but please enlighten me with specifically the verse number it says specifically "your father who resides in secret"
Yes I see your point. It is saying that he sees things done in secret!
I recall the misinterpretation of that verse. In any case, he does seem rather aloof.
I have always understood his silence as evidence of disapproval of mankind. When man was perfect he communicated directly.

Upvote 0

smithed64

To Die is gain, To Live is Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 2, 2013
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟41,497.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Why demand such trust when he can simply thunder with his voice and put all atheistic doubt to rest?

I'll answer with a question and a statement.

John 3:11-14
11 I tell you the solemn truth, we speak about what we know and testify about what we have seen, but you people do not accept our testimony. 12 If I have told you people about earthly things and you don’t believe, how will you believe if I tell you about heavenly things? 13 No one has ascended into heaven except the one who descended from heaven—the Son of Man.

Nicodemus couldn't understand about being Born Again, from Christ.
God has shouted with thunder, thru His Word.
He has answered with Blood of His Son.
He has spoken to men, thru man and His word led by the Holy Spirit.

Guess what....they still don't listen. And they won't until they realize that they are sinners. That they have sin in the life and heart is blackest of black and they are not good people.
That if they were to die with sin in their lives. They will stand before a wrathful God who will punish them.

They know this....do they listen...NO!

God doesn't have to do anything. He has already. It's not His fault man is to rebellious to accept it.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

Cowboy88

Oct 27, 2016
USA
✟15,155.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
....and your father who is in secret... Is that better?

Still don't see that verse. I see the father rewarding us in secret, but not so much that he personally is in secret. Please share this specific verse or reference the book/chapter/verse so I will know specifically which one you're referencing of the father being in secret.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
That wouldn't be people freely choosing God.

There have been atheists, idolaters, pagans, and various kinds of unbelievers throughout all of human history. Today is no different, though I admit when I read the comment section of a public news piece that touches an aspect of religion, I am shocked sometimes by the tone. But people can be much more hurtful, rude, and sarcastic when hiding behind a screen name than their actual nature would let them be in person.

But God never desired to prove Himself, so that we would be forced to believe. It has always been so, and He has always been able.

Upvote 0

Cowboy88

Oct 27, 2016
USA
✟15,155.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes I see your point. It is saying that he sees things done in secret!
I recall the misinterpretation of that verse. In any case, he does seem rather aloof.
I have always understood his silence as evidence of disapproval of mankind. When man was perfect he communicated directly.

Yes he rewards us in secret so that we can't necessarily with proof "brag" about what God has done for us. It is to help us, not specifically give us bragging rights or being prideful of what we have or possibly done through God.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
If a learned man like Nicodemus wouldn't accept the description of being Born Again from Christ himself. Why would the world all accept what you suggest God to do?
It has nothing to do with that. It has to do with those who are lost and don't intend to listen.
Amein.
Thanks be to YHWH ABBA ELOHIM for hiding salvation from the educated,
and for revealing TO BABES salvation and everything concerning salvation in this life
and in the life to come ,
because this is HIS GOOD PLEASURE SO TO DO ! :)

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yes he rewards us in secret so that we can't necessarily with proof "brag" about what God has done for us. It is to help us, not specifically give us bragging rights or being prideful of what we have or possibly done through God.

No, I spoke too soon. Most translations say that God himself is in secret:

American King James Version
But you, when you pray, enter into your closet, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father which is in secret; and your Father which sees in secret shall reward you openly.

American Standard Version
But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thine inner chamber, and having shut thy door, pray to thy Father who is in secret, and thy Father who seeth in secret shall recompense thee.

Berean Literal Bible
But you when you pray, enter into your inner room, and having shut your door, pray to your Father, the One in secret. And your Father, the One seeing in secret, will reward you.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
But when you pray, go into your private room, shut your door, and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.

International Standard Version
But whenever you pray, go into your room, close the door, and pray to your Father who is hidden. And your Father who sees from the hidden place will reward you.

NET Bible
But whenever you pray, go into your room, close the door, and pray to your Father in secret. And your Father, who sees in secret, will reward you.

New Heart English Bible
But you, when you pray, enter into your inner chamber, and having shut your door, pray to your Father who is in secret, and your Father who sees in secret will reward you.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
But you, when you pray, enter into your closet and lock your door, and pray to your father who is in secret, and your Father who sees in secret will reward you in public.

King James 2000 Bible
But you, when you pray, enter into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in secret; and your Father who sees in secret shall reward you openly

Upvote 0