Why do you think people lose faith in Christ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joey_downunder

big sister
Apr 25, 2009
Land Down Under
✟12,875.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Here's a massive Christian apologetics website on every topic you can think of - from history to philosophy to psychology to cults..... even got mp3 files for interviews and lectures, video debates between Christians and atheists, Christians and other faiths! Apologetics 315

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Wow. After reading this, I would rather be a historically and theologically literate person on the Bible and Christianity than become a Christian. Hee-hee. By that time, I would know more than the average Christian and teach Christians how to be proper Christians while remaining non-Christian myself. ^_^

I would simply like more Christians to educate themselves concerning the history and theology of our ancient faith. I don't think there is much justification in this day and age to be ignorant of how the Canon developed, or concerning the ancient Creeds, or the Church Fathers, or any of the like. This isn't simply esoteric academia, it is a fundamental understanding of how Christianity--in all of its varied permutations today--is where and how it is at present, and allows us to look forward into the future of our faith and how we live it today and pass it on to the next generation. What came before informs and has built the foundation of where we stand today, and has set the trajectory of where we will go. We have the opportunity, with an eye to the past and an eye to the future to conscientiously choose how we will live our Christianity out in the present. Otherwise, I think, we are living what Socrates calls the unexamined life.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Hestha

Jun 1, 2012
✟8,272.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I would simply like more Christians to educate themselves concerning the history and theology of our ancient faith. I don't think there is much justification in this day and age to be ignorant of how the Canon developed, or concerning the ancient Creeds, or the Church Fathers, or any of the like. This isn't simply esoteric academia, it is a fundamental understanding of how Christianity--in all of its varied permutations today--is where and how it is at present, and allows us to look forward into the future of our faith and how we live it today and pass it on to the next generation. What came before informs and has built the foundation of where we stand today, and has set the trajectory of where we will go. We have the opportunity, with an eye to the past and an eye to the future to conscientiously choose how we will live our Christianity out in the present. Otherwise, I think, we are living what Socrates calls the unexamined life.

-CryptoLutheran

You don't say anything about non-Christians' studying the Bible? Non-Christians can study the Bible to get a better grasp of culture, language, philosophy, and history, even though non-Christians would care less about worshiping the Christian god.

Are you going to suggest studying the Bible for personal or irreligious reasons than for spiritual/religious reasons?

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
You don't say anything about non-Christians' studying the Bible? Non-Christians can study the Bible to get a better grasp of culture, language, philosophy, and history, even though non-Christians would care less about worshiping the Christian god.

Are you going to suggest studying the Bible for personal or irreligious reasons than for spiritual/religious reasons?

They can if they want. My simple point is my concern for the health of the Church.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.