why do you think natural selection has filled the world with religious people?

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Site Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
What does nature do? Two top competitors fight--like 2 lions. They fight for the control of the pride. What does the winner do? He will kill all the cubs of the defeated one to get his own genes in, he could care less about the long term affects, it's going to be his genes that get passed on the and other guys are wiped out of next gene pool.
In nature, only the fittest survive. Mates are chosen for being the best of the pick, better looking, biggest, the strongest, smartest, the female chooses the best for her offspring. In humans, we will end up marrying and having children with the bottom of the barrel as far as genes are concerned if we think we love them!! There is no thought whatsoever for the benefit of the offspring or anyone else! And they don't even have to love the mate, don't even know enough about them to even like them sometimes before they end pregnant! "Best for the tribe in the long run"---not a chance!!

computer simulations show that cooperators for mutual benefit can survive and prosper for limited resources to the detriment of non-cooperating individuals. However, there must be enough cooperators to begin with to make it work.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
LOL---I'm sorry, but this just strikes me as funny. As though when procreating anyone is thinking about what is best for the tribe! Not one single person I know who has had a child has had one for the purpose of what is best for the tribe!!---The hormones kicked, the brain shuts down and there is only one objective in mind, and it ain't what is best for the tribe!! Are you guys kidding here, or what??---My friend went after a girl that had a hereditary disease, didn't give a whoot abut what was going to be passed on to their offspring, she had a set of gazongas he wanted to get his hands on and did---you all trying to tell me the resulting offspring was a good thing for the tribe? Just go anywhere where there is in breeding going one---is that genetic mess and malformations what is best??!! The purpose of hormones is to get people mating, the end result is offspring. Nobody picks the offspring, they just pick who they can hurry up and get it on with---esp the males of any species! At the end of our street, when I was a kid, was a mentally retarded girl, and she was, putting it mildly, homely, to boot. Nobody ever found out who got her pregnant. I can pretty well bet my last dime that he never once gave thought as to what was best for the tribe!!
It is the female of most species that decided who to mate with. They'll turn their noise up at what seems to be a good choice. It's not so much so for human females. There ate plenty of very pretty, intelligent women who have fallen for low lives that would make most run for the nearest nunnery---not them, they'll end up with multiple kids with these jerks until they can't take anymore or the guy dumps them. Animals have more sense when picking a mate than humans--at least the females do!!

Upvote 0

SteveB28

May 14, 2015
✟21,415.00
Faith
Atheist
LOL---I'm sorry, but this just strikes me as funny. As though when procreating anyone is thinking about what is best for the tribe! Not one single person I know who has had a child has had one for the purpose of what is best for the tribe!!---The hormones kicked, the brain shuts down and there is only one objective in mind, and it ain't what is best for the tribe!! Are you guys kidding here, or what??---My friend went after a girl that had a hereditary disease, didn't give a whoot abut what was going to be passed on to their offspring, she had a set of gazongas he wanted to get his hands on and did---you all trying to tell me the resulting offspring was a good thing for the tribe? Just go anywhere where there is in breeding going one---is that genetic mess and malformations what is best??!! The purpose of hormones is to get people mating, the end result is offspring. Nobody picks the offspring, they just pick who they can hurry up and get it on with---esp the males of any species! At the end of our street, when I was a kid, was a mentally retarded girl, and she was, putting it mildly, homely, to boot. Nobody ever found out who got her pregnant. I can pretty well bet my last dime that he never once gave thought as to what was best for the tribe!!
It is the female of most species that decided who to mate with. They'll turn their noise up at what seems to be a good choice. It's not so much so for human females. There ate plenty of very pretty, intelligent women who have fallen for low lives that would make most run for the nearest nunnery---not them, they'll end up with multiple kids with these jerks until they can't take anymore or the guy dumps them. Animals have more sense when picking a mate than humans--at least the females do!!

Tell me, when people do "procreate", do they usually choose to exist in isolation on a mountaintop, or do they choose a community in which to 'raise their offspring? Why do you suppose that is?

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Tell me, when people do "procreate", do they usually choose to exist in isolation on a mountaintop, or do they choose a community in which to 'raise their offspring? Why do you suppose that is?

Most will remain right smack where they are. Whether it's on a mountain top or not. I'm not saying no one is ultraistic, just that very, very few are.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Yes. We can make up anything including worshiping Natural Selection, but that doesn't falsify Christianity.

Who's trying to falsify Christianity?

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
What vast majority?? The vast majority of the human race are poverty stricken and stay right where they are. And in spite of severe drought and mass starvation, men are raping women and women are still having consensual sex and producing babies that slowly starve to death.

Upvote 0

SteveB28

May 14, 2015
✟21,415.00
Faith
Atheist
What vast majority?? The vast majority of the human race are poverty stricken and stay right where they are. And in spite of severe drought and mass starvation, men are raping women and women are still having consensual sex and producing babies that slowly starve to death.

Incorrect, on a number of fronts. There are currently 7 billion humans on the planet. 1.3 billion live in extreme poverty. Another 1.5 billion live below the 'poverty line'. Please educate yourself.

Regardless of poverty status, humans live in COMMUNITIES, because we have evolved as social animals, just as many other mammal species have. Whether it was a 'social gene', or a 'social meme', we derive a benefit from both serving and being served by the community in which we exist. You have to be willingly ignorant to argue otherwise.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Incorrect, on a number of fronts. There are currently 7 billion humans on the planet. 1.3 billion live in extreme poverty. Another 1.5 billion live below the 'poverty line'. Please educate yourself.

Regardless of poverty status, humans live in COMMUNITIES, because we have evolved as social animals, just as many other mammal species have. Whether it was a 'social gene', or a 'social meme', we derive a benefit from both serving and being served by the community in which we exist. You have to be willingly ignorant to argue otherwise.

Poverty Facts and Stats
Author and Page information
  1. Almost half the world — over three billion people — live on less than $2.50 a day.

2005-poverty-levels-bar.png

At least 80% of humanity lives on less than $10 a day.Source 1

Upvote 0

SteveB28

May 14, 2015
✟21,415.00
Faith
Atheist
Poverty Facts and Stats
Author and Page information
  1. Almost half the world — over three billion people — live on less than $2.50 a day.

2005-poverty-levels-bar.png

At least 80% of humanity lives on less than $10 a day.Source 1

Yes, you've repeated my numbers - around 3 billion. That's less than half. Which is NOT the "vast majority" as you claimed.

But you conveniently avoid the point. Which is that, regardless of income level, human beings live as they have always lived ever since we swung down out of the trees.

In communities.

As social animals.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
So, we live in communities----of which 80% live on less than $10.00 a day---did you miss that? And what has living in communities got to do with this whole ultraistic thing--they can't leave them, they're too poor. That still does not make their choice of whom to shack up with any more apt to be for the benefit of the tribe---they want to have more and they will look for the richest, not for the good of the tribe, but for their own good--to improve their own lot. A family will usually do what is best for their own family, if it benefits the whole group, that is secondary.

Upvote 0

SteveB28

May 14, 2015
✟21,415.00
Faith
Atheist
So, we live in communities----of which 80% live on less than $10.00 a day---did you miss that? And what has living in communities got to do with this whole ultraistic thing--they can't leave them, they're too poor. That still does not make their choice of whom to shack up with any more apt to be for the benefit of the tribe---they want to have more and they will look for the richest, not for the good of the tribe, but for their own good--to improve their own lot. A family will usually do what is best for their own family, if it benefits the whole group, that is secondary.

Ah, now we are getting somewhere......by the way, I think you mean 'altruistic'....I have no idea what that other word that you keep using means.

Now, " a family will do what is best for their family". Excellent.

What are some of those things that are "best" for a family please?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
But generally altruistic behavior drives us towards activities that benefit our tribe and our species in the long run.

Therefore, it can be selected for, over a long time.

Given that it is easy to think of cases which do not fit into that paradigm, would you like to substantiate it?

Upvote 0

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Site Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

You see, people without religion tend to not do what is best for the tribe. People with religion tend to do more what is best for the tribe. This explains why religion is selected for. Your description of how people act when not being religious is a perfect example of how a tribe without religion can deteriorate compared to another tribe nearby that is religious.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Ah, now we are getting somewhere......by the way, I think you mean 'altruistic'....I have no idea what that other word that you keep using mean

Now, " a family will do what is best for their family". Excellent.

What are some of those things that are "best" for a family please?

Oooooppppssss!!! Seems like every year now my spelling has gotten worser sd worpder, snd wordter---I may have t give ups this here thing.

Upvote 0

SteveB28

May 14, 2015
✟21,415.00
Faith
Atheist
Oooooppppssss!!! Seems like every year now my spelling has gotten worser sd worpder, snd wordter---I may have t give ups this here thing.

Oh, I see you are trying very hard to avoid my question.

What is the most effective way that humans have found to ensure physical security and a reliable food source?

Upvote 0