Why do street preachers use harsh ways to evangelise?

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
What sin are you talking about ?
Which of the unambiguous commands of God are you willfully choosing to break ?
You have not yet answered my question. Are you saying that you are without sin? I certainly hope that you are not saying that, because Scripture makes it clear that we are all sinners and all come short of the glory of God. It is only by being washed in the blood of the Lamb that our sins are forgiven.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Good question! My impression is that they sincerely feel that it lends them an aura of greater authority. That it conveys an unshakable certainty and must therefore be paid undivided attention.

That's not different from the way in which Hillary lowers her voice and adopts typically male mannerisms to engender trust. To me it comes across as artificial and distracting since it is the message that is important and her femininity to me isn't an issue. But since she has been thoroughly convinced that it must be crucially important to her political success, there she goes.

Same with these public street preachers. If they don't pontificate they assume that they will be ignored. If they speak normally, then they feel they will be viewed as lacking zeal. So to prevent those imagined negative assessments they shout until hoarse, glare with bulging bloodshot eyes, pointy accusatory fingers, and promise a certain destruction unless we give them our undivided horrified attention.

BTW
I said Amen in support of a female street preacher as I passed by her a few days ago and she shot back with: "Ï am not talking to you!": I explained that I said Ämen!" because I am a Christian and she just glared. Seems like the stuff some of my nightmares are made of.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You have not yet answered my question. Are you saying that you are without sin? I certainly hope that you are not saying that, because Scripture makes it clear that we are all sinners and all come short of the glory of God. It is only by being washed in the blood of the Lamb that our sins are forgiven.
and you are avoiding any question of what sin it is your talking about in your own life .

to be guilty of sin you must commit sin ..

if you have sin and the lord shows you you have sin.. then you must confess that he is right in everything and that you have sin .. and when you confess your sin he cleanses you of ...? how much unrighteousness ? answer = ALL , not some .
if then you stand before him being cleansed of ALL unrighteousness , what sin is it you are then guilty of .. ? answer - NONE .
you stand before him with a clear consciousness rejoicing .

also Jesus has set us free from the power of sin that it should not have dominion over us . so it has no way that it can force us beyond our own will to do it .
you use paul's verses out of context .. for he was speaking about how it WAS before he was made a new creation in Christ . saying no mater how much he tried to not in sin he ended up sinning . but that speaks of the old nature which is put to death when we are BURIED with him in baptism and raised up again by the spirit of god as a new creation ( i guess many Lutherans would not have experienced that as they were sprinkled as babies and thus never repented based on their own faith in Christ and never "buried" with him into his death through baptism ). this new creation he makes us has power authority and dominion OVER the flesh and walks and lives by the Holy Spirit .
can this new creation sin.. yes . can this new creation be made to sin beyond its own will.. NO !
for whom the son sets free is free indeed . and there is no temptation taken you but that which is common to mankind , and with every temptation god has made a way of escape .. Sorry but you cant blame the flesh when it has been crucified with Christ and is no longer master over you. but if you submit by your own will ,to the desire of the flesh , then that is your choice and if you do so YOU make it your master , unto unrighteousness and the result , death .

so why does a person who has been set free ,say they are a slave to that which they are free from .. ? because they do not believe they have been set free and/or .. they want to keep sinning because they love doing that more the they love obeying the lord Jesus .
Thus if there is sin in my life i am unaware of in my clear consciousness before him - and god shows this to me .. i must confess that there is ,for if i do not admit it, ..i lie AND i call God a liar

but, if having confessed it and HE cleanses me of not some but ALL unrighteousness then i certainly stand sinless before him .HIS own WORD declares it is so. God does not lie

I know both by his word and his Holy Spirit what is sin and what is righteousness .. if i do what is righteous it shows i am walking in his spirit and i am of him.. if , having been cleansed from ALL unrighteousness i then go and DO unrighteousness , knowing that it is sin .. for example i i go and look at inappropriate content- which is adulatory .and keep on doing that ,then i show i am of the devil .. and there is no repentance .for repentance is not a one off act and then going back drawing back turning away, rebellion against god . Rather ,it is a consistent state of perseverance and endurance until the end .. it is "abiding in Christ .

as uncomfortable and provoking as it is for some to hear it .. that is what is written , that is what is so .

ref 1 john ch 3 (or better the entire letter of john in its full uninterrupted undivided form before people have hacked it to pieces to take out the bits they don't like.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
and you are avoiding any question of what sin it is your talking about in your own life .

to be guilty of sin you must commit sin ..

if you have sin and the lord shows you you have sin.. then you must confess that he is right in everything and that you have sin .. and when you confess your sin he cleanses you of ...? how much unrighteousness ? answer = ALL , not some .
if then you stand before him being cleansed of ALL unrighteousness , what sin is it you are then guilty of .. ? answer - NONE .
you stand before him with a clear consciousness rejoicing .

also Jesus has set us free from the power of sin that it should not have dominion over us . so it has no way that it can force us beyond our own will to do it .
you use paul's verses out of context .. for he was speaking about how it WAS before he was made a new creation in Christ . saying no mater how much he tried to not in sin he ended up sinning . but that speaks of the old nature which is put to death when we are BURIED with him in baptism and raised up again by the spirit of god as a new creation ( i guess many Lutherans would not have experienced that as they were sprinkled as babies and thus never repented based on their own faith in Christ and never "buried" with him into his death through baptism ). this new creation he makes us has power authority and dominion OVER the flesh and walks and lives by the Holy Spirit .
can this new creation sin.. yes . can this new creation be made to sin beyond its own will.. NO !
for whom the son sets free is free indeed . and there is no temptation taken you but that which is common to mankind , and with every temptation god has made a way of escape .. Sorry but you cant blame the flesh when it has been crucified with Christ and is no longer master over you. but if you submit by your own will ,to the desire of the flesh , then that is your choice and if you do so YOU make it your master , unto unrighteousness and the result , death .

so why does a person who has been set free ,say they are a slave to that which they are free from .. ? because they do not believe they have been set free and/or .. they want to keep sinning because they love doing that more the they love obeying the lord Jesus .
Thus if there is sin in my life i am unaware of in my clear consciousness before him - and god shows this to me .. i must confess that there is ,for if i do not admit it, ..i lie AND i call God a liar

but, if having confessed it and HE cleanses me of not some but ALL unrighteousness then i certainly stand sinless before him .HIS own WORD declares it is so. God does not lie

I know both by his word and his Holy Spirit what is sin and what is righteousness .. if i do what is righteous it shows i am walking in his spirit and i am of him.. if , having been cleansed from ALL unrighteousness i then go and DO unrighteousness , knowing that it is sin .. for example i i go and look at inappropriate content- which is adulatory .and keep on doing that ,then i show i am of the devil .. and there is no repentance .for repentance is not a one off act and then going back drawing back turning away, rebellion against god . Rather ,it is a consistent state of perseverance and endurance until the end .. it is "abiding in Christ .

as uncomfortable and provoking as it is for some to hear it .. that is what is written , that is what is so .

ref 1 john ch 3 (or better the entire letter of john in its full uninterrupted undivided form before people have hacked it to pieces to take out the bits they don't like.
Rather than sending such a long email, why not just answer my question. I asked you first. Answer my question first.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Rather than sending such a long email, why not just answer my question. I asked you first. Answer my question first.
i just did .. have a re read

Just because it is not the answer you wanted, does not mean it is not answered .

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
i just did .. have a re read

Just because it is not the answer you wanted, does not mean it is not answered .
Actually you did not specifically say whether you sin? Please answer the question. Yes or no. It's easy. Then I will be more than happy to respond to you lengthy post.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Go read it again.
Yes or no? If you can't answer a simple question this conversation is over. It is an easy question, and you did not specifically answer it in your earlier diatribe. In your earlier post you used lots of its, but you never actually answered the question.

BTW you keep bringing up things such as inappropriate contentography as an example. Most of our sins are much more basic. Can you honestly say that you love your neighbors as yourself? And remember that all people are your neighbors. Unless you are Mother Theresa, the answer is probably no. Do you get angry when someone cuts you off in traffic? Ever sware at the person who cut you off, or blow your horn or give them the finger or tailgate? Do you ever make false accusations? You certainly made some statements regarding Lutherans in your earlier post that are untrue. How much time and money do you spend feeding and clothing the poor, visiting the sick, visiting those in prison? Sins of omission--not doing what we should do--are probably more common than sins of commission. The fact is, whether you will admit it or not, we are all sinners, each and every one of us. Scripture tells us that. Being a Christian doesn't change that. We continue to sin. It is only by being cleansed by the blood of the Lamb that we are forgiven.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Still waiting for an answer. Yes or no.
you desire me to say yes so you can say your right but you've twisted scripture to come up with the question in the first place .
you desire me to say no ,so that you can throw up the verse" if any one says they are without sin they lie .".but thats taking it out of context also .

as i said .. if GOD tels me there is sin in my life .. then i agree with him and confess it is so.. and then he forgives me and cleanses me from ALL unrighteousness .. then standing there at that point in time the answer is NO .i do not have sin . because if you say yes i do ,you do you make God a liar for he has said he cleansed me of ALL (not some ) unrighteousness.

thus after i confessed my sin and he has cleansed me from ALL sin.. i am without sin in his sight having been cleansed from ALL unrighteousness ..
now .. what shall i do to have sin again after that / i must go and willfully break his perfect law of life ..that is to say i must disobey the holy spirit i must rebel against the spirit of the law of life in Christ Jesus ... ,this cannot happen accidentally i would have to WILL it and then act on my will .. why would i do that ?

Upvote 0

Freedom Now

Jun 26, 2016
Canada
✟8,448.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The fact is, whether you will admit it or not, we are all sinners, each and every one of us. Scripture tells us that. Being a Christian doesn't change that. We continue to sin.

Just curious, if you are all sinners, then who are the RIGHTEOUS that the scriptures speak about?

Reactions: Alithis
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

VanillaSunflowers

Black Lives Don't Matter More Than Any Other Life
Jul 26, 2016
DE
✟18,570.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
I don't think a Christian is a sinner wilfully.
And yet wouldn't we say we could be amazed by that which expects to pass for christian?
Deuteronomy 30:15~16
15 See, I have set before thee this day life and good, and death and evil;

16 In that I command thee this day to love the LORD thy God, to walk in his ways, and to keep his commandments and his statutes and his judgments, that thou mayest live and multiply: and the LORD thy God shall bless thee in the land whither thou goest to possess it.

Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And yet wouldn't we say we could be amazed by that which expects to pass for christian?
Deuteronomy 30:15~16
15 See, I have set before thee this day life and good, and death and evil;

16 In that I command thee this day to love the LORD thy God, to walk in his ways, and to keep his commandments and his statutes and his judgments, that thou mayest live and multiply: and the LORD thy God shall bless thee in the land whither thou goest to possess it.
Definitely, but isn't it Jesus Christ who is the Christian, so that we in Him may be part takers in God's Plan?
For He will possess the Land and be Father to many children.

in other words: I can't do that...

Upvote 0