Why do some Christian's dismiss Creationism?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gluadys

Legend
Mar 2, 2004
Toronto
✟31,520.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
CA-NDP
ThaiDuykhang said:
What's this has to do with topic. have you seen any attempt to outlaw abortion is aimed at reversing roe vs wade or bypass it?

I am just commenting on your posts.

I could murder had God not forbidden it.
The difference between me and atheists are, if secular law allows murder, atheists will go on a rampage but I'll still not kill anyone

What evidence do you have that only secular law restrains atheists from a murderous rampage?

What evidence do you have that God's law has kept Christians back from murderous rampages? I can think of a lot of murderous rampages carried out by Christians.

Darwinism here means evolutionism. a group of human is more likely to survive to they can kill or steal from another group. then the other group is extincted and the first group survived.

You display your ignorance of how evolution works.

US consititution never forbid outlawing abortion and homosexual marriage.

As interpreted by the Supreme Court, yes it does. It's not in the text of the constitution itself. It is in the text of the Court's judgments on the cases brought before it.

if you don't agree, show it to me. outlawing homosexual marriage is establishing a religion? also I'd like to ask you which religion it is. Judaism, Muslim, Christianity? Constitution allows making law from religious teachings. It just doesn't allow the establishment of a state religion.

Laws which accord with religious teachings are permitted if they also serve a secular purpose. If the only justification of a law is a religious belief, that is not constitutional since no religious belief may be imposed on those who do not abide by that religion.

Upvote 0

Numenor

Veteran
Dec 26, 2004
The United Kingdom
Visit site
✟1,894.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Conservative
ThaiDuykhung said:
The difference between me and atheists are, if secular law allows murder, atheists will go on a rampage but I'll still not kill anyone

This is so bigotted and self-opinionated it beggars belief. Was King David not a man after God's own heart? Was he not also a murderer and adulterer? This is not just ignorant and small-minded it denies the preserving effects of God's Common grace. Do you not know that it is only because of God's grace that you are not a murderer? What a sad comment for a Christian to be making and a backwards step for evangelism. Do you not know that non-Christians can view these boards too?

Upvote 0

ThaiDuykhang

Jan 9, 2006
✟8,005.00
Faith
Christian
Numenor said:
This is so bigotted and self-opinionated it beggars belief. Was King David not a man after God's own heart? Was he not also a murderer and adulterer? This is not just ignorant and small-minded it denies the preserving effects of God's Common grace. Do you not know that it is only because of God's grace that you are not a murderer? What a sad comment for a Christian to be making and a backwards step for evangelism. Do you not know that non-Christians can view these boards too?

Prove to me David is a murderer.Polygamy was allowed back then, so he just married more than one wife instead of being an adulterer.

See? polygamy is wrong because God LATER told us so. before He forbade it. it's OK. read Barnes(He's a Protestant) bible commentary on 1Ki1:2

Upvote 0

ThaiDuykhang

Jan 9, 2006
✟8,005.00
Faith
Christian
gluadys said:
I am just commenting on your posts.

What evidence do you have that only secular law restrains atheists from a murderous rampage?
I ask you where does moral come from?
gluadys said:
What evidence do you have that God's law has kept Christians back from murderous rampages? I can think of a lot of murderous rampages carried out by Christians.
God's law only tell Christians/Jews that murder and theft is wrong. law doesn't prevent the crime itself. Christians can choose to rebel against God.

gluadys said:
You display your ignorance of how evolution works.
You're more ignorant for not being able to refute me.

As interpreted by the Supreme Court, yes it does. It's not in the text of the constitution itself. It is in the text of the Court's judgments on the cases brought before it.

Laws which accord with religious teachings are permitted if they also serve a secular purpose. If the only justification of a law is a religious belief, that is not constitutional since no religious belief may be imposed on those who do not abide by that religion.[/quote]
ban-abortion law serves the purpose of saving the life of innocents.just like anti-murder law.
ban-homosexual-marriage law serves the purpose of ensuring a healthy society.
So what's your opinion on "age of consent" I wonder?
Unlike popal teaching in Catholic church. Supreme Court decision can be challanged

Upvote 0

Numenor

Veteran
Dec 26, 2004
The United Kingdom
Visit site
✟1,894.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Conservative
ThaiDuykhang said:
Prove to me David is a murderer.Polygamy was allowed back then, so he just married more than one wife instead of being an adulterer.
Do you not know the story of David and Bathsheba? David had her husband Uriah killed so that people wouldn't find out that he had got her pregnant. And God did not allow polygamy, it was tolerated.
ThaiDuykhang said:
See? polygamy is wrong because God LATER told us so. before He forbade it. it's OK. read Barnes(He's a Protestant) bible commentary on 1Ki1:2
Barnes is wrong. Polygamy was allways wrong because God saw Adam needed a helper and made him Eve, he didn't give him a hareem. One man, one woman was the model God gave mankind. Polygamy was tolerated because God knew the hardness of their hearts. Just in the same way that Christ said God allowed them to divorce because of the hardness of their heart

I see you're not backing down from you ludicrous, arrogant and bigotted stance towards athiests. As if you wouldn't be any different if it wsan't for God's grace.

Upvote 0

Robert the Pilegrim

Senior Veteran
Nov 21, 2004
✟17,687.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
ThaiDuykhang said:
I'll not debate anything privately.
By the end I was trying to reach out to you, I wanted to make sure you recieved the message. I should have left out the question of Christmas.
Well Jesus' birthday may be Dec 24th. since this is a midnight mass, it may also land in Dec 25th. This should settle the question.
I suggest you take this to your priest and ask him if he thinks your quote elevates the question of the Calender date of Christ's earthly birth to doctrine.

The Catholic Encyclopedia article did not contain anything that indicated to me that it was doctrine, and quite clearly contradicted your assertion that Dec. 25th had been passed by word of mouth or other certain means through the centuries (though it did leave open the possibility that it was in inspired choice).

Upvote 0

Robert the Pilegrim

Senior Veteran
Nov 21, 2004
✟17,687.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Numenor said:
And God did not allow polygamy, it was tolerated.

Barnes is wrong. Polygamy was allways wrong because God saw Adam needed a helper and made him Eve, he didn't give him a hareem. One man, one woman was the model God gave mankind. Polygamy was tolerated because God knew the hardness of their hearts. Just in the same way that Christ said God allowed them to divorce because of the hardness of their heart
That is certainly one argument, and a pretty decent one but not entirely convincing to my mind. Has this been debated in a previous thread? I consider it to be an interesting issue.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Numenor

Veteran
Dec 26, 2004
The United Kingdom
Visit site
✟1,894.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Conservative
Robert the Pilegrim said:
That is certainly one argument, and a pretty decent one but not entirely convincing to my mind. Has this been debated in a previous thread? I consider it to be an interesting issue.
I think Christ's teaching on divorce and the principles he lays out in matt 19 are quite relevant and applicable to polygamy. Its daft how these threads get so derailed.

Upvote 0

Robert the Pilegrim

Senior Veteran
Nov 21, 2004
✟17,687.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Some time later The Lady Kate wrote:
Fairness and equality are... why deny it to a group of people who never did anything to you?
ThaiDuykhang wrote:
Why murderers should be jailed/executed while they have done nothing to me?​
This kind of response is why I am (slowly) removing myself from these discussions.

By definition a murderer has harmed somebody in a real and obvious way.

The same can not be said about a homosexual without making a religious argument. The difference is clear and obvious, and while open to suggestions, I can not see how to categorize drawing the parallel in response to the Lady Kate's argument as anything but maliciousness or purposeful obtuseness.

The Lady Kate wrote
Suppose one goes to find a job. The interviewer asks him, "are you black?" He says "yes." The interviewer says, "then we can't hire you." Do you call this discrimination?
ThaiDuykhang wrote:
Black is racial and is covered under the law. where's homosexuality covered?​
http://www.glbtq.com/social-sciences/anti_discrimination.html
Fourteen states have passed statutes protecting lesbians and gay men from discrimination. The "deluxe" anti-discrimination statutes prohibit discrimination in employment, education, public accommodations, housing, and credit. Seven of the fourteen states (Connecticut, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Mexico, New York, Vermont, and Wisconsin) have this type of across-the-board protection. The remaining seven states (California, Hawaii, Maryland, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, and Rhode Island) protect lesbians and gay men from discrimination in some or most of these categories, but stop short of complete protection.​

As well as ordinances in various cities.

ThaiDuykhang wrote:
this depends on the type of job. homosexuals can't do certain jobs and can do some jobs.​
What jobs can't homosexuals do on the basis of their homosexuality?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ThaiDuykhang

Jan 9, 2006
✟8,005.00
Faith
Christian
Numenor said:
Do you not know the story of David and Bathsheba? David had her husband Uriah killed so that people wouldn't find out that he had got her pregnant. And God did not allow polygamy, it was tolerated.

I see you're not backing down from you ludicrous, arrogant and bigotted stance towards athiests. As if you wouldn't be any different if it wsan't for God's grace.

God doesn't tolerate sin. Basic knowledge of Christian.

Upvote 0

ThaiDuykhang

Jan 9, 2006
✟8,005.00
Faith
Christian
shernren said:
Thai tells us that David was not an adulterer for sleeping with a married woman. And yet believes that my Bible interpretation is less convincing than his. Is this a joke or what?

I guess you missed the context or the Bible. David never slept with a married woman except that woman is his own wife.

1Ki 1:2 Wherefore his servants said unto him, Let there be sought for my lord the king a young virgin: and let her stand before the king, and let her cherish him, and let her lie in thy bosom, that my lord the king may get heat.

A young virgin can be someone else's wife previously?

Upvote 0

ThaiDuykhang

Jan 9, 2006
✟8,005.00
Faith
Christian
Robert the Pilegrim said:
By the end I was trying to reach out to you, I wanted to make sure you recieved the message. I should have left out the question of Christmas.

I suggest you take this to your priest and ask him if he thinks your quote elevates the question of the Calender date of Christ's earthly birth to doctrine.

The Catholic Encyclopedia article did not contain anything that indicated to me that it was doctrine, and quite clearly contradicted your assertion that Dec. 25th had been passed by word of mouth or other certain means through the centuries (though it did leave open the possibility that it was in inspired choice).

Catholic Encyclopedia said nothing about it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
You want papal document and you're shown papal document. debate is already over. say whatever you want. you doesn't understand what's a papal teaching. Come strong or don't come at all.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.