Why do some Christians believe homosexual sin is worse than others?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BornAgainChristian1

Mar 29, 2016
South Eastern Pa.
✟19,130.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
God never condemn something that brings only love and if the society would accept that nobody will ever suffer, nor the family nor the omo
But God does condemn homosexuality and any other sexual sin. Or do you think you can redefine sin because you disagree with God's word?

1 Cor 6:9-11 9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor wantons, nor buggerers, ( Homosexuality in 18th-cent. England: Dictionary Definitions )
10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor railers, nor extortioners shall inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified, in the Name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Gal 5:16 So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. 17 For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever you want. 18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.
19 The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

1 Timothy 1:9-11
9 Knowing this, that the Law is not given unto a righteous man, but unto the lawless and disobedient, to the ungodly, and to sinners, to the unholy, and to the profane, to murderers of fathers and mothers, to manslayers,
10 To whoremongers, to buggerers (Homosexuality in 18th-cent. England: Dictionary Definitions), to menstealers, to liars, to the perjured, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to wholesome doctrine,
11 Which is according to the glorious Gospel of the blessed God, which is committed unto me.

2 Thessalonians 2:10-12
10 And in all deceivableness of unrighteousness, among them that perish, because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And therefore God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe lies,
12 That all they might be damned which believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

• Agree
Reactions: Mrs.PGL
Upvote 0

Strivax

Pilgrim on another way
Site Supporter
May 28, 2014
In contemplation
✟112,390.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It seems you are going to have a very one sided discussion if you are going to prevent those who defend homosexuals from social persecution (not the same thing as 'promoting homosexuality') from stating their case. Open discussion (as JS Mill put it, the keeping of an issue from becoming 'dead dogma', believed only because it is believed) is by far the best way to thrash out these issues, keep the arguments fresh and relevant, and allow each and all to reach their own conclusions as they see fit.

I would prefer that you restored the conversation.

Best wishes, Strivax.

• Agree
Reactions: CrystalDragon
Upvote 0

BornAgainChristian1

Mar 29, 2016
South Eastern Pa.
✟19,130.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
It seems you are going to have a very one sided discussion if you are going to prevent those who defend homosexuals from social persecution (not the same thing as 'promoting homosexuality') from stating their case. Open discussion (as JS Mill put it, the keeping of an issue from becoming 'dead dogma', believed only because it is believed) is by far the best way to thrash out these issues, keep the arguments fresh and relevant, and allow each and all to reach their own conclusions as they see fit.

I would prefer that you restored the conversation.

Best wishes, Strivax.

It is about Actions and Consequences, which then determines if a person's actions (behavior in particular) are correct or incorrect... the results of the behavior.

And homosexuality time and time again proves to be a highly detrimental behavior, which needs to be corrected, not glamorized nor rights given to it.

Here are just a few examples of the detrimental results of the homosexual behavior.

- Dr. Selma Dritz in the New England Journal of Medicine: “Oral and ana l inter course present physicians with surgical as well as medical problems, ranging from ana l fissures and impaction of foreign bodies in the rectum to major diagnostic dilemmas.”
* Reference: Dritz SK. "Medical Aspects of Homosexuality." The New England Journal of Medicine, 1980; Vol. 302 No. 8 (463-464).

- “Study: Gay Men Are Twice as Likely to Have Cancer”, Yahoo story, By MEREDITH MELNICK Meredith Melnick– Tue May 10, 10:05 pm ET

- Lesbian sex is linked to higher risks of bacterial vaginosis, HPV specifically genital warts—squamous intraepithelial lesions, trichomoniasis, syphilis, and Herpes simplex virus (HSV), and cervical cancer even among women who have had no prior sex with men. In addition, women who have sex with women have a higher risk of HIV/Aids due to the fact that many of identified lesbians have had sex with bisexual men much more so than a hetero woman has. Transmission also occurs through vaginal and cervical secretions between lesbian women.

* Reference: Women Who Have Se x with Women (WSW), Centers for Disease Control, 2006 (MMWR August 4, 2006 / Vol. 55 / No. RR--11). Retrieved on January 9, 2009.
- Frenkl, Tara Lee, Potts, Jeannette (February 2008). "Sexually Transmitted Infections", Urologic Clinics of North America, 35 (1) p. 33–46.

- In The Gay Report, by Jay and Young, homosexual researchers surveyed the sex habits of homosexuals, Traditional Values reported. The result shows that:

· 99% had engaged in oral se x
· 91% had engaged in anal intercourse
· 83% engaged in rimmi ng (mouth to anu s contact)
· 22% had fisted their sex partners
· 23% admitted to golden showers (urinating on a se x partner)
· 76% admitted to group or public se x
· 4% admitted ingesting feces
These behaviors are the seedbed for a whole variety of serious intestinal parasites, viruses, and bacteria known collectively as "Gay Bowel Syndrome."

-Dr. Stephen E. Goldstone, the medical director of Gay Health.com says that 68% of HIV-positive and 45% of HIV-negative homosexual men have abnormal or precancerous an/al cells, noted Traditional Values.

-Medical experts and scientists believe that the increased number of sexually transmitted diseases (STD) cases is the result of an increase in risky sexual practices by a growing number of gay men. One in five gay men were found to have HIV, according to a study released by the CDC in 2010.

Latest… STDs continue on the increase in San Francisco for the 6th year in a row!
Reference: Article “California: San Francisco sees Spike in STDs”, from HIV/AIDS Resource for Gay Men website, U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention, February 13, 2012.

“MSM have higher HIV and other STI rates than do women and heterosexual men”, Reference: Article from HIV/AIDS Resource for Gay Men website, U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention, May 29, 2012.

“Gay, bisexual, and other men who have se x with men (MSM)1represent approximately 2% of the US population, yet are the population most severely affected by HIV”, Reference, article “ HIV Among Gay and Bisexual Men”, from website HIV/AIDS Resource for Gay Men website, U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention, May 18, 2012.

“Atlanta researchers found a high rate of HIV in gay male couples who thought both partners were HIV-negative”, Reference, article “Gay couples at Risk”, from website HIV/AIDS Resource for Gay Men website, U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention, November/December 2011.

There is a lot, lot, and lot more, but as for the result of these previous studies, it is simple.

Gay men for example, have ana l sex as their main se x act, and the colon is NOT prepare to fight viruses as the vagin a does with all its acidity. Furthermore, the colon is designed by nature to absorb as much material as it can, so when a peni s is introduced in it with all its “wonderful” viruses and bacteria traveling on it, the colon simply does what it does best, it tries to adsorb all of it.... hence the person is more likely to get infections, viruses, cancer causing agents, etc.

The same with Fella tio, the mouth is the beginning of the digestion process, and gay men and lesbians indulge heavily in it, so the introduction of viruses, germs and cancer causing agents into a person is more likely in these cases.

Action and consequences... that is what the opposition against homosexuality has always been all about, the bad consequences to the individuals and society.. because yes YOU too are affected, that irresponsible reckless sexual behavior results in diseases being passes around/spread upon the population, increasing the Health Care cost for everyone! ...so when your Health Coverage BILL increases come in the mail d-o n-o-t complain... with "acceptance" of homosexuality, you asked for it!

Upvote 0

Leevo

Feb 18, 2015
Tennessee
✟28,954.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I work with two Christians who seem to think that homosexual sin is worse than others. Let me give you a quick backstory to what I'm talking about. I work in a bakery for 5 years and the bakery has three cake decorators 2 of them are Christians. We had a gay couple place a order for a wedding cake. Both of cake decorators who are Christians refused to make the wedding cake for the gay couple. They told the owner they will not make a wedding cake for people who live in sin and marriage is between a man and woman. The non-christian cake decorated made the wedding cake...so no problem.

Here is my issue both cake decorators have made cakes that involved people living in sin. For example they made a 5 year anniversary cake for a straight couple. One of the decorators asked if they plan on getting married? The man ordering the cake told her that he doesn't believe in marriage because its tied to religion and doesn't plan on ever getting married. So the christian decorator had no issues making that cake. If i'm correct these two people would be living in sin?

My last example is a man who divorced his wife and married her sister (his sister in law). First time he got married he used our bakery as well as the second time. If I'm correct the couple getting married would also be living in sin?

So the two Christians who I work with seem to think that the sin of homosexuals is worse than normal sin. I pointed out to one of the decorators that she is not performing the marriage ceremony she is just making a cake. She told me that by making the cake she would be helping them take part in sin. I debated with both decorators that sin is sin. The way both of them talked it seems like being gay is the worse sin of all. I pointed out about the guy divorcing his wife and they told me that being gay is worse than being divorced.

I personally believe that making a cake for someone isn't a big deal and I am a Christian. It's not like I'm performing the marriage ceremony. Am I wrong to think its not a big deal to make a wedding cake for a gay couple. A few other Christians I spoke to about this seem to think that being gay is almost as bad as murder! I tried to explain that sin is sin and they didn't seem to understand.

Just so everyone knows I believe being gay is a sin and is wrong. But if sin is sin why make this one seem so much worse?

I was wondering what's everyone's view on this?

The main reason I think is that homosexuality has really only one fix. Stop. Straight non married couples living and sleeping together are in sin as well, but to fix it, they can go get married and all is well, homosexuals cannot. They also, more often than not, do not want to stop, even if they call themselves "Christian" (practicing homosexuals are not Christians, which is why I put it in quotes). If two homosexuals get "married," they are still in sin, and nothing has changed.

I think it seems like people pick on homosexuals but it all mainly boils down to what I said before, it isn't something that is rectifiable. The only fix is to stop and live celibate, which they don't want to do. I think this is the main reason a lot of Christians see it as worse. That, combined with the gay lobby pushing so hard against Christians politically, automatically make us see them in a negative light.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA/Belize
✟1,748,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
MOD HAT

This thread is closed. The site rules include this:
Homosexuality may not be promoted* on CF. Several debate forums allow same-sex marriage to be discussed from a political, legal, historical, and civil rights point of view. Please check the Statement of Purpose thread for individual debate forums before posting. Homosexuality and SSM may be discussed in the Congregational forums according to each forums' guidelines in their Statement of Purpose. Homosexuality and SSM may be discussed, without promotion*, in the Struggles with Sexuality and Ask a Chaplain forums solely for the purpose of seeking support with struggles overcoming same-sex attractions, and homosexual issues. Members may not promote* homosexuality or same-sex marriage in their profiles.

Same-Sex Marriage and Gay Rights: Discussion of these topics must comply with the sitewide rule barring the promotion of homosexuality. Discussion and debate should only be directed toward political, legal, historical and civil rights issues, and should not be directed toward the morality of homosexuality or same-sex marriage. Please remember that promotion of homosexuality and same-sex marriage is not allowed. For more detailed information please see this sticky thread.

The discussion of why it is a sin worse than others falls into a discussion of the morality of homosexuality and is not allowed in this forum.

Reactions: Truthfrees
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.