Why do some Christians believe homosexual sin is worse than others?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
TBF, it was the partner of the homosexual customer who insisted on suing Mrs Stutzman. Her friend, Rob, just went along with it.

You make a good point about the same service being available elsewhere, and in fact, Mrs Stutzman gave Rob the contact details for three other local florists.

I'm afraid the case is just one example of the homosexual agenda, which does not only want legal rights, but also the right to demand that others violate their faith.

Justice Bosson who found against the photographers in New Mexico concluded that the Huguenins … "now are compelled by law to compromise the very religious beliefs that inspire their lives."
Well then, in a way, I'm glad the presidential election went the way it did, even though I do not like Donald Trump, or Hilary either, but, there was a sign in my town that said said "We are not voting for a president, but a supreme court." So, according to that, maybe the way the election went is a good thing (I hope)...? Maybe some of this stuff will get worked out the right way, hopefully...?

Oh, and if it was the partner, I think I can tell the way and what that marriage is going to go and be like then...

God Bless!

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: ken777
Upvote 0

2X4

Jan 4, 2017
USA
✟16,445.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why can't you just answer my question?

I clicked on your link and started reading it, and tried to speed read it, but didn't find if it says whether the mark of the beast is connected to a new revamped financial system...? It's a simple question, and if you truly know what's in your link, you should be able to answer it with a simple yes or no...? Or, if you feel it needs explaining, a simple, short explanation...

That link makes many, many far-reaching assumptions, but fails to prove any, if any, very little of them... There just theories, theorizing, nothing or very little that is concrete...

Scripturally the "tree of life" and the "tree of the knowledge (or judging of, or between) good and evil" is the same tree, called the "tree of wisdom", when we know what wisdom truly is, we will have access to the tree of life and be able to live forever again...

(Proverbs 3:18)- "Wisdom is a tree of life to those who embrace her; happy are those who hold her tightly."

One tree: Tree in the middle (midst) of the garden: (Genesis 2:9) (Genesis 3:3) (Daniel 4:10) (Revelation 2:7)...

God Bless!

I told you to read the words but since you didn't read them all, you will remain confused with your question and the answer you have given yourself.

Upvote 0

GirdYourLoins

Nov 27, 2016
Brighton, UK
✟122,682.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think a lot of the time gay people go to Christian companies to try to force them to do something they think goes against their beliefs. It is a pride issue. It stems from their thinking they ahve a right to have what they want and anyone who does not like it is breaking the law in most western countries, so they push their agenda. They dont recognise Gods law.

I have a brother who is gay so have had to face this directly. When he "married" his partner he didnt even tell me what day it was and didnt invite me. Thats his choice.

When we have talked about Gods view on homosexuality I have told him that I believe anyone who is practicing any sin with no intention or desire to repent and give it up is living in a state of sin. This is the issue for me, not whether it is a man and man or man and woman (in adultery). Anyone living in a knowingly sinful situation should look to correct it. I told him that as a non-Christian I dont expect him to have any conviction of sin and I dont expect non-Christians to even desire to live a righteous life.

The example of the man ordering a wedding cake for his second wife who was his sister-in-law 5 years after his first wedding is a good example. What I didnt see explained is why was he marrying his sister-in-law. If he had left his wife to be with his sister-in-law this would be adultery and sin. However, if his wife had committed adultery or left him, I believe this would allow him to marry her sister.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I told you to read the words but since you didn't read them all, you will remain confused with your question and the answer you have given yourself.
Like I said earlier, I saved your webpage, and will try to wrap my mind around it and get back to you when I have time...

And, I didn't give myself an answer either, it's a "theory" that I "think" it "may be linked" to revamping of the financial system... I don't see why it takes a ten page dissertation just to answer that one thing, in your opinion and theory, but, "whatever" dude...?

I'll get back to you, K?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I think a lot of the time gay people go to Christian companies to try to force them to do something they think goes against their beliefs. It is a pride issue. It stems from their thinking they ahve a right to have what they want and anyone who does not like it is breaking the law in most western countries, so they push their agenda. They dont recognise Gods law.

I have a brother who is gay so have had to face this directly. When he "married" his partner he didnt even tell me what day it was and didnt invite me. Thats his choice.

When we have talked about Gods view on Christianity I have told him that I believe anyone who is practicing any sin with no intention or desire to repent and give it up is living in a state of sin. This is the issue for me, not whether it is a man and man or man and woman (in adultery). Anyone living in a knowingly sinful situation should look to correct it. I told him that as a non-Christian I dont expect him to have any conviction of sin and I dont expect non-Christians to even desire to live a righteous life.

The example of the man ordering a wedding cake for his second wife who was his sister-in-law 5 years after his first wedding is a good example. What I ddint see explained is why was he marrying his sister-in-law. If he had left his wife to be with his sister-in-law this would be adultery and sin. However, if his wife had committed adultery or left him, I believe this would allow him to marry her sister.
Just wanted you to know I read this, and thank you for it, and I think it's very true and accurate, but other than that, other than being a little "irked" I have no comment...

God Bless!

Reactions: GirdYourLoins
Upvote 0

2X4

Jan 4, 2017
USA
✟16,445.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Like I said earlier, I saved your webpage, and will try to wrap my mind around it and get back to you when I have time...

And, I didn't give myself an answer either, it's a "theory" that I "think" it "may be linked" to revamping of the financial system... I don't see why it takes a ten page dissertation just to answer that one thing, in your opinion and theory, but, "whatever" dude...?

I'll get back to you, K?

God Bless!

It takes a lot of knowledge to understand why the Beast was necessary to build false gods during this temporary generation. Without this knowledge, it's impossible to understand what the Tree of Life is. Anyone who reads the Bible can say "The Tree of Life" but it's only a symbolic phrase of something that no MAN has ever known before until a month ago.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
It takes a lot of knowledge to understand why the Beast was necessary to build false gods during this temporary generation. Without this knowledge, it's impossible to understand what the Tree of Life is. Anyone who reads the Bible can say "The Tree of Life" but it's only a symbolic phrase of something that no MAN has ever known before until a month ago.
K, you've peaked my interest, I'll look into it, K? Message or get ahold of you on here when I do...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Tetra

Dec 18, 2016
Earth
✟64,448.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tetra

Dec 18, 2016
Earth
✟64,448.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BornAgainChristian1

Mar 29, 2016
South Eastern Pa.
✟19,130.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Being a homosexual does not require lusting and more than being a heterosexual requires lusting. Either party can refrain from the lust of the heart.

Since I guess I must clarify, being homosexual is not sin, it is in lusting or acting it out sexually that is a sin.
To be a homosexual includes lusting otherwise one wouldn't identify as a homosexual. Or another way of putting it how would one identify as a homosexual if lust for same gender wasn't present?

• Agree
Reactions: Mrs.PGL
Upvote 0

Tetra

Dec 18, 2016
Earth
✟64,448.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To be a homosexual includes lusting otherwise one wouldn't identify as a homosexual. Or another way of putting it how would one identify as a homosexual if lust for same gender wasn't present?
Maybe because the actual definition is simply attraction to the same sex... lol

homosexual - definition of homosexual in English | Oxford Dictionaries
Sexually attracted to people of one's own sex.
  1. 1.1 Involving or characterized by sexual attraction between people of the same sex:
    ‘homosexual desire

Upvote 0

ken777

"to live is Christ, and to die is gain"
Aug 6, 2007
Australia
✟48,308.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well didn't know I was... oh wait... lets just look up the definition...

1. 1.1 Involving or characterized by sexual attraction between people of the same sex:
    ‘homosexual desire’
The Biblical definition is related to same sex behavior (Romans 1:26-27, 1 Corinthians 6:9, 1 Timothy 1:10, Jude 1:7 ).

It would be unusual for Christians who have feelings of same sex attraction, but choose to live in accordance with their faith, to identify themselves as homosexuals.

Upvote 0

Tetra

Dec 18, 2016
Earth
✟64,448.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Biblical definition is related to same sex behavior (Romans 1:26-27, 1 Corinthians 6:9, 1 Timothy 1:10, Jude 1:7 ).
There is no Biblical definition... the Bible isn't a dictionary. It's describing homosexual acts. This is different than homosexual attraction.

Being a homosexual by definition means someone is simply attracted to the same-sex. Just as I'm attracted to those of the opposite sex.

It would be unusual for Christians who have feelings of same sex attraction, but choose to live in accordance with their faith, to identify themselves as homosexuals.
There are many, and I have met quite a few.

Upvote 0

ken777

Aug 6, 2007
Australia
✟48,308.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is no Biblical definition... the Bible isn't a dictionary. It's describing homosexual acts. This is different than homosexual attraction.
Paul writes about sexual feelings as well as behavior in Romans 1:26-27. The Bible gives more accurate insight into human behavior than any other source and defines homosexuality in terms of lust and same sex activity.

Being a homosexual by definition means someone is simply attracted to the same-sex. Just as I'm attracted to those of the opposite sex.
There are many, and I have met quite a few.
I do not doubt that you have met quite a few Christians who identify themselves as homosexuals. Liberal Christianity today embraces homosexual behavior.

I was talking about traditional Biblical Christians who identify themselves by their faith, not by same sex feelings. They do not call themselves homosexuals, and it seems presumptuous to insist that they should.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tetra

Dec 18, 2016
Earth
✟64,448.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Paul writes about sexual feelings as well as behavior in Romans 1:26-27
This is simply not true, Paul is describing actions:
"Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error."
(woman exchanged, men lusted, men committed)

Again, the Bible is saying homosexual action is a sin. However, to be a homosexual doesn't require action. You can act, but it doesn't require it to fit the definition. Just as in heterosexuality I can be attracted to those of the opposite-sex, it requires no action.

‘homosexual desire’
They do not call themselves homosexuals, and it seems presumptuous to insist that they should.
Please tell me where I insisted anything!? I'm just stating facts regarding definitions, what people do is up to them. Again, there are many homosexuals who identify as Christian and simply choose to not act on their desires.

Upvote 0

ken777

Aug 6, 2007
Australia
✟48,308.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is simply not true, Paul is describing actions:
"Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error."
(woman exchanged, men lusted, men committed)

Again, the Bible is saying homosexual action is a sin. However, to be a homosexual doesn't require action. You can act, but it doesn't require it to fit the definition. Just as in heterosexuality I can be attracted to those of the opposite-sex, it requires no action.

1. 1.1 Involving or characterized by sexual attraction between people of the same sex:‘homosexual desire’

The word 'orexis' (lust) in Romans 1:27 means 'desire' or 'appetite'.
Please tell me where I insisted anything!? I'm just stating facts regarding definitions, what people do is up to them. Again, there are many homosexuals who identify as Christian and simply choose to not act on their desires.
By insisting that a person who has same sex attraction is a homosexual you impose a label on all those who reject their same sex attraction. A person who has same sex feelings but chooses to live according to his faith is no more a homosexual than a person is a thief who is tempted to steal.

A homosexual is a person who has same sex attraction AND identifies as a homosexual.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Mrs.PGL
Upvote 0

ken777

Aug 6, 2007
Australia
✟48,308.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
<staff edit>
The Bible and a good lexicon will get you further than any other reference.

Your definition is quite inadequate because a bisexual has feelings of same sex attraction but is not a homosexual.

The Scriptural position is that all are tempted to sin, and will have different afflictions to bear. That does not mean we should identify ourselves according to a sinful condition, but rather as a child of God, able to live above the sins of the flesh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Mrs.PGL

Site Supporter
Dec 12, 2015
windsor ontario
✟69,644.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
<staff edit>

Romans 1:26... For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; 27 and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men" Christ said it is unnatural, and a shameless act.
Most of what the bible says about gays is in the Old Testament." Christ said He came to fulfill the law - not abolish it

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Homosexuality is THE VERY WORST POSSIBLE SIN, transgression through perversion thereof of the absolute divine LOVE of God, sin against the body and love, against the LOVE that should bring us neigh unto God.

It is sin against the Spirit of God, the "female and male" image of God in which we are created. Like Jesus said, from the beginning a man was created to be one flesh with a woman, a woman one flesh with a man.
This is GODS' DIVINE LOVE-WILL.

And to utterly distort it in the manner of "a man lay with a man" (perish the thought!), is to totally reject the grounds of Holy Spirit we were meant to experience.

To continue to reject God in such a manner may amount to blasphemy and hence be THE SIN AGAINST THE HOLY SPIRIT that Scripture suggests is probably unforgivable.

Of course any sin persistently engaged in may be in the end be the equivalent of utter rejection of God's Spirit, extinguishing any glimpse of desire for His Presence. And hence any possibility of being in relation to God, now and for eternity. Especially if the sin itself is directly against true love, love and the truth of Love.

Then why have some animals been observed like that?

And a worse sin than murder or torture or rape? You have to be kidding me.

Reactions: Tetra
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.