Australia
✟9,955.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Politics
US-Libertarian
Multiple reasons.

Reason 1) Men are usually not multi-taskers unless they have to be and tend to focus on one thing at a time. I know I am this way. When I get into something - it can take alot of my attention - whether that be a composition, a research project or whatever - and other stuff tends to get pushed aside temporarily. Like the vacuuming.

Reason 2) As per above - often priorities are different.

Reason 3) Some women talk too much - and we learn to tune out. I remember once in a past relationship I spent the whole day with her running errands around town. I really tried to listen and take in everything she said - and at the end of the day - I felt like - there was no *me* anymore - it was all her. So I learned to "half listen" to save my sanity and sense of self. The end result in many future conversations was in the midst of her talking she might tell me we had a meeting at such and such a time or a party to go to on a specific date - and I'd miss it because I'd only be half listening. I just needed my head space that wasn't jammed full of her thoughts all the time.

Reason 4) Sometimes as men, we can, admittedly, be just plain lazy.

I don't think nagging really does any good for a relationship. Women don't like to do it, but feel something important to them justifies it. Men often resent it - and I know for myself - if I get to the point where I am so sick of hearing the whinging I'm likely to get angry and just do it so I don't have to hear it any more. Then she's upset because I got angry. Cool beans eh?

Upvote 0

BRISH

Loved
Jun 16, 2009
✟15,775.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Multiple reasons.

Reason 1) Men are usually not multi-taskers unless they have to be and tend to focus on one thing at a time. I know I am this way. When I get into something - it can take alot of my attention - whether that be a composition, a research project or whatever - and other stuff tends to get pushed aside temporarily. Like the vacuuming.

Reason 3) Some women talk too much - and we learn to tune out. I remember once in a past relationship I spent the whole day with her running errands around town. I really tried to listen and take in everything she said - and at the end of the day - I felt like - there was no *me* anymore - it was all her. So I learned to "half listen" to save my sanity and sense of self. The end result in many future conversations was in the midst of her talking she might tell me we had a meeting at such and such a time or a party to go to on a specific date - and I'd miss it because I'd only be half listening. I just needed my head space that wasn't jammed full of her thoughts all the time.

I don't think nagging really does any good for a relationship. Women don't like to do it, but feel something important to them justifies it. Men often resent it - and I know for myself - if I get to the point where I am so sick of hearing the whinging I'm likely to get angry and just do it so I don't have to hear it any more. Then she's upset because I got angry. Cool beans eh?

:/ now I feel bad. Moreso in my "younger" days.

Upvote 0

Nom De Guerre

Who amongst you doesn't see life as permanent?
May 6, 2005
Location, Location.
✟39,599.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Being a doormat or indifferent is wrong, but going out of your way to be otherwise is typically a recipe for disaster, as finding somebody who appreciates the work and gives you respect and credit for it almost never happens. And despite however hard we try to be Christlike, we aren't going to be happy slaving endlessly for somebody who loves us but doesn't respect how hard we work.

To the OP,
that is one dumb question.

Lol doormat, you've got it all wrong bud. As somebody who's been engaged a few times, take it from me, the 30 minutes of your day to do some dishes, or the hour you spend cooking with your lady, translates well in bed :p

Women enjoy doing thing for you too dude, and when they know you're willing to do the same for them they go out of their way to make sure you know how much they appreciate it; lol, or maybe it was only me, which I highly doubt. Not to mention women like things done a specific way, for instance I never had to clean the bathroom because my lady would always want it done a certain way. You following?

Reactions: BRISH
Upvote 0

Obzocky

Senior Contributor
Dec 24, 2009
Rain Land
✟33,236.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
It passes the time.

Edit: serious moment.

If I ask someone to do something I can not physically do, and they say they will do it, then they do not do it, I will mention it again. If the pattern repeats itself twice I will ask if they intend to do it or whether they think saying yes will make me forget that it needs to be done. If someone has no intention of doing something within an hour of agreeing to do it then it would be easier for them just to say "no" or "not tonight" or some other answer that is not "yes".

When I remind people that things need to be done within a certain time frame and they do not want to do those things, i'm a nag. When i'm reminding people that things need to be done within a certain time frame and they do not mind doing it, i'm organised. The accusation of nagging generally depends on the individuals perception of what is being asked and how annoying they find the manner the other person is asking them to do whatever it is they need to do.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BRISH

Loved
Jun 16, 2009
✟15,775.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Lol doormat, you've got it all wrong bud. As somebody who's been engaged a few times, take it from me, the 30 minutes of your day to do some dishes, or the hour you spend cooking with your lady, translates well in bed :p

Women enjoy doing thing for you too dude, and when they know you're willing to do the same for them they go out of their way to make sure you know how much they appreciate it; lol, or maybe it was only me, which I highly doubt. Not to mention women like things done a specific way, for instance I never had to clean the bathroom because my lady would always want it done a certain way. You following?

images

Upvote 0

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Multiple reasons.

:sigh: I'm such a dude. I canNOT multi-task to save my life. I can't stand endless chattering, and I tune people out constantly :sorry: If I realize someone's talking to me, I'll say "Sorry, what?" LOL

Does this mean guys would like me more, for being more like them? Or would they be turned off by it, for being more like them? :confused:

Upvote 0

acropolis

so rad
Jan 29, 2008
✟20,293.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
I've developed an allergy to nagging, particularly to constant criticism, which means I can only date women who don't do it. They do exist! My allergy is so bad that if I were to hear another person remind me to do the dishes while I'm still eating the meal I just prepared with those dishes, I would probably need to be hospitalized.

edit: Part of my coping mechanism with this particular affliction is to a) write everything down on my daily to-do list if it is actually required of me to do it and b) be absolutely crystal clear about what I will and will not do in terms of assigned tasks from a girlfriend.

Reactions: Rhye
Upvote 0

Stravinsk

Neo Baroque/Rococo Classical Artist
Mar 4, 2009
Australia
✟9,955.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Politics
US-Libertarian
I've developed an allergy to nagging, particularly to constant criticism, which means I can only date women who don't do it. They do exist! My allergy is so bad that if I were to hear another person remind me to do the dishes while I'm still eating the meal I just prepared with those dishes, I would probably need to be hospitalized.

:ahah:

edit: Part of my coping mechanism with this particular affliction is to a) write everything down on my daily to-do list if it is actually required of me to do it and b) be absolutely crystal clear about what I will and will not do in terms of assigned tasks from a girlfriend.

Sounds like a reasonable idea - B. I have to do A or so many things don't get done.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

white dove

(she's a) maniac
Jan 23, 2004
Out there, livin'
✟49,357.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Maybe it's because we keep giving them things to nag about. The solution is obvious.

The thread probably could've ended with that. But, if someone is nagging (male or female), it tells you something is clearly wrong in the communication portion of your relationship. There's a bit of a break-down somewhere and unless you enjoy living in misery, it's best to confront it and see what the heck is wrong before it even gets to the nagging.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Stravinsk

Mar 4, 2009
Australia
✟9,955.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Politics
US-Libertarian
:sigh: I'm such a dude. I canNOT multi-task to save my life. I can't stand endless chattering, and I tune people out constantly :sorry: If I realize someone's talking to me, I'll say "Sorry, what?" LOL

Does this mean guys would like me more, for being more like them? Or would they be turned off by it, for being more like them? :confused:

Just addressing the multi-tasking part - I find it a plus in females. It's useful - especially because I tend not to be. But - if I find myself getting lost in the whirlwind of her plans...

Upvote 0

Stravinsk

Mar 4, 2009
Australia
✟9,955.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0