Tamara224

Jan 13, 2006
Wyoming
✟40,734.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
My boss is nag. I hate it. He calls me every hour when I'm working on something to remind me to add x, y or z (which I already did) or to say "shoot me a copy of what you have so far" only to not read it for 2 more days by which time I've completed 3 more drafts and then he doesn't even make changes to it. Annoying. (I've also learned to tune him out a lot. I give him assurances - "oh yep, couple more hours on that and I'll have something for you" only to work on something else and get to his project the next day because it's not due for 2 more weeks anyway.)

Of course... MOST people only nag because the person they are nagging makes a habit of procrastinating, or saying he/she is going to do something and then not doing it. (Which is why my boss nags me - I'm definitely all about getting things done at the last minute. He should know by now that my best work is at the last minute, :D)

Anyway....If all the women you date are nags.... maybe it's time to re-examine your own actions. Are you being lazy? Are you unreliable? Are you just picking the wrong type of women?

I promise you, we aren't all nags. (I used to live with my younger brother. I never nagged him about it being his turn to do the dishes even if he let them pile up for a week or more and despite how much it made me cringe.)

Nagging is annoying. But so is constantly having someone not do what he/she says he/she is going to do.

Upvote 0

LadyOfMystery

Heart of Gold
Mar 25, 2007
North Carolina
✟279,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Maybe it's because we keep giving them things to nag about. The solution is obvious.
This.

And guys complain too. And if you don't like nagging, try doing whatever it is they're nagging about. True - some girls cannot be pleased no matter what you do for them or say to them. But I think the majority of girls who get tagged "naggers" is just females who actually want their man to pitch in, or they feel like their man isn't giving them enough attention, and they mean well but to the guy it comes off as nagging. And if thats the case, then I think instead of blaming the female, maybe you should pray and ask God if you need to do something differently in your life and your attitude.

Upvote 0

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Most women feel like their way is the best way (and usually it is). What they don't realize is that they don't need to be right all the time. Sometimes they can keep quiet, let the dishes pile up, or the laundry sit, and the world won't end, and their boyfriends/husbands/sons will be a lot happier, which will make the whole household happier. Guys tend to be extremely lax about life ("I'll deal with it when it gets to be a problem"). Women are more pro-active, wanting to prevent the problems before they happen. Hence the nagging, hence the strife of the ages lol.

The Bible doesn't have several verses about nagging women for no reason, I might add lol.
Proverbs 19:13
A foolish child is a father’s ruin, and a quarrelsome wife is like the constant dripping of a leaky roof.
Proverbs 21:9
Better to live on a corner of the roof than share a house with a quarrelsome wife.
Proverbs 21:19
Better to live in a desert than with a quarrelsome and nagging wife.
Proverbs 25:24
Better to live on a corner of the roof than share a house with a quarrelsome wife.
Proverbs 27:15
A quarrelsome wife is like the dripping of a leaky roof in a rainstorm;

I mean, that's a lot of verses about cranky wives! Women would do well to pay attention to them :) I know it might be hard to bite my tongue about some things if I'm ever married, but I plan to do my best, cause I want a happy house, not to be the domineering queen of it.

Upvote 0

BRISH

Loved
Jun 16, 2009
✟15,775.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The Bible doesn't have several verses about nagging women for no reason, I might add lol.
Proverbs 19:13
A foolish child is a father’s ruin, and a quarrelsome wife is like the constant dripping of a leaky roof.
Proverbs 21:9
Proverbs 21:19
Better to live in a desert than with a quarrelsome and nagging wife.
Proverbs 25:24
Proverbs 27:15
A quarrelsome wife is like the dripping of a leaky roof in a rainstorm;

lmbo

:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

K9_Trainer

Unusually unusual, absolutely unpredictable
May 31, 2006
✟18,437.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Why are so many men lazy bums?

Its a stereotype just as much as nagging women is, not every woman is a big nag. Believe me, I'm not going to ask a man to do something more than once like a child. If I want something to train, I'll get a puppy. But at the same time, I'm not going to be a servant.

But either way, you have to learn to communicate with your partner. You need to listen to her, she needs to listen to you, and you need to work out a way to get things done without you feeling nagged and without her feeling ignored or vice versa.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wren
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why are so many men lazy bums?

Its a stereotype just as much as nagging women is, not every woman is a big nag. Believe me, I'm not going to ask a man to do something more than once like a child. If I want something to train, I'll get a puppy. But at the same time, I'm not going to be a servant.

But either way, you have to learn to communicate with your partner. You need to listen to her, she needs to listen to you, and you need to work out a way to get things done without you feeling nagged and without her feeling ignored or vice versa.

The problem is, what do you do when the trash needs to go out, you've mentioned it to him once, and he ignores you? Do YOU take it out? If so, he learns that if he ignores you, you'll do whatever he doesn't want to do anyway. If you nag him till he does it, he'll resent you. When you try to sit down and talk to him about it, he brushes you aside. Sadly, that's how a lot of marriages function. The guy is disconnected, the woman is pulling her hair out and trying to steamroll him to get things done, etc. Assuming you're already married to a guy like this, you can't just walk out or break up with him like a boyfriend, what would you do?

Upvote 0

Amber.ly

Predictably eccentric and honestly hypocritical
Mar 1, 2010
Gone- PM if you need me
✟22,486.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Or perhaps nagging is trying to cover more than just what is coming out of her mouth

2006-01-25.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Nom De Guerre

Who amongst you doesn't see life as permanent?
May 6, 2005
Location, Location.
✟39,599.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Meh, I generally do what's asked of me the first time in a relationship; garbage, floors, dishes, meals... you name it, if it's something you ask of me, I'll get it done.

I grew up with women/girls/ladies and know how many things they've usually got going on, and there are certainly times they're just seeking other attention for sure; also, there are times when a guy just comes home and doesn't want to do anything for a little while. Just get it done bruh, lol, sometimes you get some pretty good rewards for it as well ;)

Upvote 0

LadyOfMystery

Heart of Gold
Mar 25, 2007
North Carolina
✟279,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Meh, I generally do what's asked of me the first time in a relationship; garbage, floors, dishes, meals... you name it, if it's something you ask of me, I'll get it done.

I grew up with women/girls/ladies and know how many things they've usually got going on, and there are certainly times they're just seeking other attention for sure; also, there are times when a guy just comes home and doesn't want to do anything for a little while. Just get it done bruh, lol, sometimes you get some pretty good rewards for it as well ;)
IJWTS - Swooning currently. :p

Upvote 0

benf

Christian
Dec 19, 2010
The Same Deep Water as You
✟15,870.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private

Being a doormat or indifferent is wrong, but going out of your way to be otherwise is typically a recipe for disaster, as finding somebody who appreciates the work and gives you respect and credit for it almost never happens. And despite however hard we try to be Christlike, we aren't going to be happy slaving endlessly for somebody who loves us but doesn't respect how hard we work.

To the OP,
that is one dumb question.

Reactions: Rhye
Upvote 0