Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
...when it's not ever western lol? Yes I know that a lot of people from western countries accepted Christianity but it's not where it originates from?!! And why do people assume that all white people are Christian? It's so frustrating!
*refer

Anger often arises when people see faults in other that they are working to correct in themselves.
For example, your two questions and frustrations are both examples of false universal assumptions
on your part.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
...when it's not ever western lol? Yes I know that a lot of people from western countries accepted Christianity but it's not where it originates from?!! And why do people assume that all white people are Christian? It's so frustrating!

*refer
Christianity, Judaism, and Islam are referred to as Western religions because they all have Jerusalem as a focus, and this distinguishes them from the Oriental faiths like Buddhism, Hinduism, Taoism, etc. (in addition to the substantial theological differences between the two groups). There is also the fact of the areas of the globe into which these have generally expanded.

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟147,506.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
With high growth rates in both China and Africa, and with declining importance in Europe, the future of Christianity may well be very different than its past has been. It is all very possible that there will still be some of us in this forum around when China becomes the foremost Christian nation in the world.
Christianity has pretty much defined what is colloquially known as "the West" up until this point in time though, and its influence outside of areas controlled by Europe had been limited.

Reactions: nuranoora
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Yes. Like Lot in sodom it can be very vexing too, many places.
But thanks be to YHWH ALMIGHTY ELOHIM CREATOR, I've met more people not white
who live as or like followers of Y'SHUA than all the white people I've ever met or even heard of. Others from so-called 'poor' or 'persecuted'/communists countries have frequently noted the same thing around the world. (realize this is NOT accepted nor popular here (this forum or in the USA) ).

Upvote 0

nuranoora

Sep 22, 2016
ON
✟4,862.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Christianity, Judaism, and Islam are referred to as Western religions because they all have Jerusalem as a focus, and this distinguishes them from the Oriental faiths like Buddhism, Hinduism, Taoism, etc. (in addition to the substantial theological differences between the two groups). There is also the fact of the areas of the globe into which these have generally expanded.
Thank you!

Upvote 0

nuranoora

Sep 22, 2016
ON
✟4,862.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Anger often arises when people see faults in other that they are working to correct in themselves.
For example, your two questions and frustrations are both examples of false universal assumptions
on your part.
No. I'm middle eastern and when people hear that they immediately assume I'm Muslim or don't believe me that I'm a Christian. People also think that because I'm darker in skin color. That's why I'm frustrated. Therefore I'm not assuming anything. That's what I am hearing and dealing with every day and I needed someone to explain to me why that happens thats all.

Upvote 0

VanillaSunflowers

Black Lives Don't Matter More Than Any Other Life
Jul 26, 2016
DE
✟18,570.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married

*refer
Lack of understanding about Christianity. Or, they're trolls just baiting you for a rise against their outrageous silly claims?
In any case, they're not Christian or they'd know Christ was born in Bethlehem. Sometimes you have to pick your battles. :)

Reactions: nuranoora
Upvote 0

nuranoora

Sep 22, 2016
ON
✟4,862.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Lack of understanding about Christianity. Or, they're trolls just baiting you for a rise against their outrageous silly claims?
In any case, they're not Christian or they'd know Christ was born in Bethlehem. Sometimes you have to pick your battles. :)
Thank you!! I agree 100%! God bless xx

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟147,506.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
As far as the Middle East goes, Christian dialogue with rest of the world for as long as 500 to 1500 years. The caliphs wanted it that way, and the Christian communities there became of local significance only. There was no global outreach even possible for them, no communication getting out, and no communication coming in.

And now, starting with perhaps the Armenian genocide, Christianity in the ME is being eradicated before our very eyes. Turkey even a hundred years ago had a sizable Christian presence. Now the state is 98 percent Muslim. Bethlehem is now a Muslim city. The Christians of Iraq and Syria are under genocide conditions, and the Copts are but one election away from a MB victory and the promised deadly retaliation for their lack of submission in the Sis restoration.

The ME is the birthplace of Christianity. From Turkey to Egypt, the ME was the original centre of the Christian universe. Rome was the backwater, and the powerful bishoprics of Alexandria and Jerusalem and Constantinople vied with one another for hegemony among Christians.

But it really is not on account of trolls that people no longer recognize this as such. It is on account of Christians in the ME being cut off and subjugated, and now eradicated, that people have no good inkling that these Christians even exist.
They say that 10 percent of Syria is, or was, Christian, but only a fraction of a percentage of the refugees escaping from Syria are Christian.
We can only hope that those percentages change pretty soon, or the most likely scenario is that even more people will have nary an inkling that the ME is a source of Christians, because those kinds of Christians will cease to even exist, soon enough.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

nuranoora

Sep 22, 2016
ON
✟4,862.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As far as the Middle East goes, Christian dialogue with rest of the world for as long as 500 to 1500 years. The caliphs wanted it that way, and the Christian communities there became of local significance only. There was no global outreach even possible for them, no communication getting out, and no communication coming in.

And now, starting with perhaps the Armenian genocide, Christianity in the ME is being eradicated before our very eyes. Turkey even a hundred years ago had a sizable Christian presence. Now the state is 98 percent Muslim. Bethlehem is now a Muslim city. The Christians of Iraq and Syria are under genocide conditions, and the Copts are but one election away from a MB victory and the promised deadly retaliation for their lack of submission in the Sis restoration.

The ME is the birthplace of Christianity. From Turkey to Egypt, the ME was the original centre of the Christian universe. Rome was the backwater, and the powerful bishoprics of Alexandria and Jerusalem and Constantinople vied with one another for hegemony among Christians.

But it really is not on account of trolls that people no longer recognize this as such. It is on account of Christians in the ME being cut off and subjugated, and now eradicated, that people have no good inkling that these Christians even exist.
They say that 10 percent of Syria is, or was, Christian, but only a fraction of a percentage of the refugees escaping from Syria are Christian.
We can only hope that those percentages change pretty soon, or the most likely scenario is that even more people will have nary an inkling that the ME is a source of Christians, because those kinds of Christians will cease to even exist, soon enough.
So there is some of you out here who actually understand me:praying: Thank you so much!!!!! I hope more people will read your answer and educate themselves. God bless! :wave:

Upvote 0