1. Saying Goodbye to a Great Staffer: Edial
    Please help me wish Edial a wonderful blessed journey as he steps down from CF staff.
    His footprint on our ministry will always remain but his presence will be greatly missed. I'm sure he will come around as a member to all his favorite forums but for now please join me at his profile page to wish him many thanks for the years of service he has brought to us all.
    All of us on CF staff will miss him dearly!!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
  • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
  • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting after you have posted 20 posts and have received 5 likes.
  • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do I feel bad after I commit a sin but then I go back at it?

Discussion in 'Struggles with Sexuality' started by broder, Dec 5, 2010.

1. broder

broder Newbie

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Christian
    I am a Christian and I strongly believe in the gospel message of our Lord Jesus Christ as my Savior and Lord.

as a married man for one year, I've been meeting up with prostitutes behind my wife's back, everytime that after I commit adultery, I feel like repenting and tears stream down my eyes, after I commit it I regret it with all my strength and promised myself not to do it ever again but i end up doing it

i end up going back

why do i feel bad and i cry after i fall but still i end up back doing it anyways?

2. broder

broder Newbie

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Christian
  3. Johnnz

Johnnz Senior Veteran Supporter

Marital Status:
    Widow/Widower
    Faith:
    Christian
    There probably are longer term issues behind your ongoing visits. These need uncovering and addressing.

John
    NZ

4. coreydstone

coreydstone Padawan Learner

Marital Status:
    Single
    Politics:
    US-Libertarian
    Faith:
    Christian
    You need to focus on your relationship with Christ above all things else. Just stopping is not easy and maybe impossible, BUT if you put your focus on Christ, I've seen examples of miraculous change.

A Biblical metaphor: Peter could only walk on the water, above the waves of this world, metaphorically, if he kept his focus on Christ. Trying to move his legs or flail his arms was of no purpose. Keep your eyes on Christ.

Get in the word of God, talk to a pastor. Watch what songs and movies and internet pages you view. Chemo your life, and then Christ will come in and give your weak and worthless metaphorical body life beyond what your worldly passions can.

Blessings in your pursuit of recovery.

~Peace & Blessings :)

5. wingsoflove

wingsoflove Praise Thy Lord

Marital Status:
    Single
    Politics:
    US-Democrat
    Faith:
    Anglican
    You're a human being... And as such, you WILL often sin. It is in our nature to sin... We can apologize for it, repent, you name it... But we will sin sometimes STRAIGHT afterward!

Now, I feel as though you may have some deep rooted issues that need to be looked at as soon as possible, perhaps with a professional therapist. You may have a sexual addiction issue.

I wish you the best of luck and I will pray for you right now. God bless!

6. JanniGirl

JanniGirl New Member

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Christian
    You are exposing your wife to potential STDs, which can have very dire consequences. If you don't feel you can quit these behaviors, you need to come clean to her if you have any respect or love for her, at all.

Get yourself tested for STDs & come clean with your wife.

7. Detroit313

Detroit313 Newbie

Marital Status:
    Single
    Politics:
    US-Republican
    Faith:
    Christian
    Sounds like sexual addiction to me. A hallmark of addiction (I'm a recovering drug addict and know the feeling) is doing whatever your addiction is when you don't really want to. I know for me I'd do drugs daily, swearing that I would never do it again up until the moment I was high, and hated every minute of it. Thats addiction. If you really don't want to and mean it when you say you're never going to do it again, and I believe you mean it, but can't control it, it may be helpful for you to visit a therapist and some kind of sexaholics anonymous meetings. Pray for guidence, always the best place to start!

8. forGod1

forGod1 Newbie

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Christian
    what she said.