itomyneato

Jan 19, 2012
new york
✟15,213.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Engaged
I believe you have it wrong, I think you are suppose to believe that only Jesus will judge you, not God. I'm sure in the big picture it doesn't matter whether one entity or another will judge you and dole out the rewards or punishments but as a Christian, you can confuse us atheists if you get your doctrine wrong.

It's a very hard concept to grasp, being that we are human and cannot fathom supernatural things, that's where faith comes into play, but you are correct Jesus is going to be the judge, the one thing that you are missing is that Jesus is god incarnate. In order for God to reconcile people back to Himself he came here as man, Jesus. Sorry if you are confused, Christian or atheist, you should read the bible so that you could be informed of these things. You don't have to believe in them but if you want to have an argument you should know what you're arguing instead of going on wut someone else has told you. I used to do the same thing, I read the bible just to argue against it, then God spoke to me and gave me physical evidence of his existence, there was no arguing I could do against it. Again though man you should def do some reading so then you could at least know what to argue against. Good luck brother, God bless

Upvote 0

itomyneato

Jan 19, 2012
new york
✟15,213.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Engaged
I believe you have it wrong, I think you are suppose to believe that only Jesus will judge you, not God. I'm sure in the big picture it doesn't matter whether one entity or another will judge you and dole out the rewards or punishments but as a Christian, you can confuse us atheists if you get your doctrine wrong.

Also if you want to seperate the two to make it an easier concept to grasp than think about it this way: Jesus is the judge but He is under God's authority to do so. It's like this, if you are a boss at a company you have the right to hire or fire somebody. You do this because the owner of the company gives you this right, you are doing this under their name. It doesnt mean that you are the head but you are acting on his behalf.

Upvote 0

stone

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 7, 2005
Everywhere
✟73,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
:cry:
Please :help: me understand this question. Why should truely GOOD people who may or may not have heard the message of Jesus Christ spend eternity in hell, eternally separated from God? I am a Christian, and I recently went through a questioning phase, but have come out of it with renewed faith. BUT my questions remain unanswered. That is okay for me because I believe anyway, but what about my ex-boyfriend, who used to be an atheist and has how turned to Buddhism? He is respectful of Christianity, and has even read the Bible, but his questions and objections reguarding Christianity are too hard to counter. We broke up 2 days ago, and are both hurting over it. The reason is because I've always known in the back of my mind that I shouldn't marry him because he is a nonbeliever, and we know we shouldn't get more attached to eachother if ultimately it will not work. I am also respectful of Buddhism and have read much about it with him. Buddhist teachings are very wise and honorable, I think. They teach compassion for all mankind and selflessness. I still care deeply about my ex-boyfriend, and wish I had more to say in defence of Christianity. He is a very moral person, who is innately honest and of good, compassionate character, but he is not a Christian.

Your understanding is lacking. Bad and evil folks go to hell, others that do not know Jesus simply will die and that's the end of it. Christians have eternal life to look forward to. The resurrection.

Upvote 0

vajradhara

Diamond Thunderbolt of Indestructable Wisdom
Jun 25, 2003
Dharmadhatu
✟19,720.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
lol, wow. I didn't realize that.

ikr? it's funny how that happens sometimes.

actually, i will often go through and find a topic from like page 215 and rez it just to see if it will get more responses but this one is really old. kudos to the find and the rez... far beyond my skills in that regard...but then i'm a Shadow Priest and not a healer so there's that.

metta,

~v

Upvote 0

Ishraqiyun

Fanning the Divine Spark
Mar 22, 2011
Montsalvat
✟21,035.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Being good and going to hell are usually not related. If a Buddhist monks thoughts and deeds were good it wouldn't make sense to say that he was going to hell. I'm sure there are some Christians who might claim that it's impossible for a Buddhist monk to have good thoughts and deeds but I tend to view such a theory as inconsistent with reality. Being Buddhist doesn't prevent God from bringing about your purification and salvation. The label "Christian" is no guarantee of anything either.

Upvote 0

razeontherock

May 24, 2010
WI
✟35,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's a very hard concept to grasp, being that we are human and cannot fathom supernatural things, that's where faith comes into play, but you are correct Jesus is going to be the judge, the one thing that you are missing is that Jesus is god incarnate. In order for God to reconcile people back to Himself he came here as man, Jesus. Sorry if you are confused, Christian or atheist, you should read the bible so that you could be informed of these things. You don't have to believe in them but if you want to have an argument you should know what you're arguing instead of going on wut someone else has told you. I used to do the same thing, I read the bible just to argue against it, then God spoke to me and gave me physical evidence of his existence, there was no arguing I could do against it. Again though man you should def do some reading so then you could at least know what to argue against. Good luck brother, God bless

Congratulations! You have revived THE oldest thread I've ever seen on CF! (And that's saying a LOT ^_^

Upvote 0

vajradhara

Jun 25, 2003
Dharmadhatu
✟19,720.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Congratulations! You have revived THE oldest thread I've ever seen on CF! (And that's saying a LOT ^_^

AND, for double points, he's only got two posts on here!!! truly an accomplishment of thread necromancy that will attain legendary status!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

vajradhara

Jun 25, 2003
Dharmadhatu
✟19,720.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Yes, but on to important matters: will he rival the notoriety of Nathan Poe?

I still want to know how a noob even finds a thread like this?

no chance of that Poe even has a Wiki entry!

i second your motion, good sir! i, too, want to know how he found this thread and why only this thread? surely, from that page, there had to have been others which could have come to haunt us with their zombie-like presence!

Upvote 0

itomyneato

Jan 19, 2012
new york
✟15,213.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Engaged
Thanks guys, I'll take that as a compliment. I also wanted to add something else. I don't really consider myself a Christian, I am a follower of Jesus. I know that usually means christian, but i don't agree w all Christian doctrines. I made a decision to follow Christ n not Christ's followers. The reason I found this thread is because I love buddhism n Buddhist monks going to hell is something that saddens my heart. I now realize tho that who is ANYBODY to say that someone else is going to hell. I think that borders on the line of heresy being that God is the judge, n condemning someone to hell is His role, not ours. People like to quote John 14:6 which says no one comes to the father except through me, which I believe is true, but he doesnt say believe in me or go to hell. God is perfect n you cannot go near Him if you are "dirty" we have all sinned, unfortunately it is impossible to stay perfect all the time, but just because some won't be able to come into Gods presence doesn't mean you'll b sent to hell. I could b wrong and if I am than I'm glad God forgives but I really feel strongly about it. It's like just because I can't go hang out with the president doesn't mean he'll kick me out of the country. I love Joel Osteen, he is truly a loving person, I saw an interview he did w Larry king where Larry king asked him if all non believers go to hell. Osteen said it wasn't for him to say. He said he believes you need Christ to get to heaven, but God is the one who has the say. Very beautifully put. We as humans have no right saying another person is going to hell. Our job is to love others, not just those we agree with but everyone. That is what Jesus wants us to do. Good luck and God bless.

Upvote 0

razeontherock

May 24, 2010
WI
✟35,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't really consider myself a Christian, I am a follower of Jesus. I know that usually means christian, but i don't agree w all Christian doctrines. I made a decision to follow Christ n not Christ's followers.

This is a point we agree on. I labored with the label, and decided I didn't want to forsake the Name of Christ:

"Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of [our] faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
copyChkboxOff.gif
Hbr 12:3 For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.
copyChkboxOff.gif
Hbr 12:4 Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin."
So why is firefox making this come up so weird? Anyway, Truth is not about being a popular position. Some otherwise intelligent people here have trouble swallowing that. (As evidenced in some very current discussions, in this very sub-forum ^_^

The reason I found this thread is because I love buddhism n Buddhist monks going to hell is something that saddens my heart.

Not to be pedantic, but I think it's weighty to correct the phrase to something like "the thought that Buddhist monks would be sentenced to hell saddens my heart."

I now realize tho that who is ANYBODY to say that someone else is going to hell.

You should know this is in line with the early Church - as long as you modify your statement to, "anybody other than Jesus Himself." And I commend you to this sub-forum:

http://www.christianforums.com/f827/

You'll find Peace, in knowing what was taught from the beginning. Good people, too! (Who happen to really know their Bible)

People like to quote John 14:6 which says no one comes to the father except through me, which I believe is true, but he doesnt say believe in me or go to hell. God is perfect n you cannot go near Him if you are "dirty" we have all sinned, unfortunately it is impossible to stay perfect all the time, but just because some won't be able to come into Gods presence doesn't mean you'll b sent to hell. I could b wrong and if I am than I'm glad God forgives but I really feel strongly about it.

This is jam-packed with weighty issues! One that I will focus on, is what does it actually mean to "come to Jesus," or "come to the Father," or even to "believe on His Name?" Surely not so little as modern Churchianity has made it out to be. ;)

Larry king asked him if all non believers go to hell. Osteen said it wasn't for him to say. He said he believes you need Christ to get to heaven, but God is the one who has the say. Very beautifully put. We as humans have no right saying another person is going to hell. Our job is to love others, not just those we agree with but everyone. That is what Jesus wants us to do.

Just last night i read a thread where professing Christians were slamming Osteen for this very remark :doh: Mind you I've never heard the man speak so i have no opinion, but I do find that occasion to be representative of what neither of us want to associate ourselves with.

Let me point out CF has ample opportunity to spread the Truth - and the fields white to harvest are among the believers ...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums