Visit site
✟12,646.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
There are other folks that will not ceebrate Christmas at all, because of this reason “Well, Das Christmas was made by people not from your religion”. I don’t really care what religion created Christmas. I am not going to celebrate Christmas because of the religion I am in, I am celebrating it because I believe in Jesus and I will take advantage of any opportunity that is given to me to worship him. I would honestly feel like a hypacrite if I preached to everyone telling them to worship God at every chance, yet I stay home on Chistmas day and play video games. This is not a debate about Religion, if you follow and belive in Jesus you should celebrate Christmas. Not by buying gifts and such, no, by inviting a few pwoplw to your house, having a big dinner and disucc the Bible, discuss Jesus and all he has done for us. That is something I am sure God will be proud of. Do you think he is proud that you turn down a chance to worship him? Just because "it's not from my religion"

Are you guys saying we should not get together with a group of friends and study the Bible? Is that what you are telling me here?

Upvote 0

Sophia7

Tall73's Wife
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2005
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Most of the Adventists that I know celebrate Christmas. Our fundamental beliefs do not forbid it; it's a personal choice whether Adventists celebrate it or not.

Since so many people attend church at that time who don't normally go except at Christmas and Easter, I view it as a good opportunity to reach out to them and tell them about Jesus while they are interested.

Upvote 0

Dasdream

Noone's perfect, so why are we judging each other
Jul 18, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟12,646.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
See, Christmas isn't about the Pope it is about Jesus. Anywho. The holiday may have been made by man but not all celebrate it as man does. we celebrate it the way I've mention earlier. Like someone once said "if you aren't doing anything for Christ, you aren't really doing anything" I don't think the debate is "Why we celebrate" it should be "How we celebrate"?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.