When I awake I am still with You
Mar 4, 2004
Somewhere
✟35,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I stumbled into this forum a few years ago looking for Christian fellowship and desperate to find travelling companions who could point the way to a deeper relationship with and comprehension of God.

I was a bit anxious about being online, talking to total strangers from who knows where about these deep things, and thought hard about a name that would remind me of God's love and protection.

I really wanted the line from Song of Songs, "His banner over me is love" but it was too long to be accepted.
I was disappointed, because biblically the banner is such a wonderful symbol, and brings to my mind the presence of God, His protection, a rallying point for soldiers, sustaining them in the battle as they see it flying securely back at camp even as they fight on, also as a flag waved in victory and praise, then of course the covering of His love mentioned by Solomon.

Then "The Lord is my banner" popped into my mind.
I looked up the story and found Moses proclaiming it after the Israelites had been giving him a hard time and he'd struck the rock to bring them water at God's command, then an intense battle when Joshua gained victory over the Amalekites while Aaaron and Hur held Moses' arms high, and I knew I'd found a strong and joyful name to accompany me on this adventure.

Exodus 17:15

Moses built an altar and called it The LORD is my Banner.

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
The Lord uses me in prophetic singing.
music-023.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

oneshot012

Oct 15, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
✟15,987.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Mine is a joke that my friends where making fun of me from since I was 12.

I was hunting one day and I shot a deer but I took 5 shots at it and when we cut it up only one shot hit and killed it. So my friends where like bobby it only took "one shot". I was 12 when it happened and that was also the number I wore in football and basketball.

Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

I've Been Keepin My Eyes Wide Open
Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Mine is a joke that my friends where making fun of me from since I was 12.

I was hunting one day and I shot a deer but I took 5 shots at it and when we cut it up only one shot hit and killed it. So my friends where like bobby it only took "one shot". I was 12 when it happened and that was also the number I wore in football and basketball.
I like that story, LOL and cool nick name! You might be interested ti know that this weekend is opening weekend for rifle deer season here in Wisconsin.

Reactions: pinetree
Upvote 0

oneshot012

Oct 15, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
✟15,987.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I like that story, LOL and cool nick name! You might be interested ti know that this weekend is opening weekend for rifle deer season here in Wisconsin.

Thanks.

No rifle hunting here in Jersey. Only shotgun and bow. I prefer bow over shotgun however I haven't gone in years. Actually ever since I started college. Just not enough time and now with grad school starting, gosh.

Do you go hunting?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm a worship musician and bassist, so it's self-explanatory really.

Question: How many bass players does it take to change a lightbulb? :D

Answer #1: None. They let the keyboard player do it with his left hand.

Answer #2: Six: one to change it, and the other five to fight off the lead guitarists who are hogging the light.

Upvote 0

Alpine

Resident Sojourner
Sep 19, 2005
Wisconsin
✟25,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Over 600,000 Wisconites are going hunting this week. It's like a religion here. :)

Upvote 0

romans6and6

Feb 16, 2008
✟7,911.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I chose mine because I love the book of Romans, particularly the sixth chapter of Romans, which is so central to the heart of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Someone pointed out to me on another forum where I used about the same username, that Romans is the sixth chapter of the New Testament.

We know that man formed the order and verses of the Bible. And we also know that "6" is the number for man.

Could it have been the will of God that this pivitol gospel verse which deals with the answer to the sin problem in the heart of man (crucifixion of the sin nature "in union with Christ" on the Cross) be given the numbers 6, 6, and 6?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.