• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

why did God or Satan afflict a Christian with schizophrenia?

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟734,719.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When I had full blown hearing of voices, etc, it was due to my sin. I rebelled against God, and he let the devil have me for a season. He then restored me to faith and peace over time.

Job 33:19-27 Sometimes we are punished with a serious illness ... One of a thousand angels then comes to our rescue by saying we are innocent. The angel shows kindness, commanding death to release us, because the price was paid. Our health is restored, we feel young again, and we ask God to accept us. Then we joyfully worship God, and we are rewarded because we are innocent. When that happens, we tell everyone, "I sinned and did wrong, but God forgave me

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
When I had full blown hearing of voices, etc, it was due to my sin. I rebelled against God, and he let the devil have me for a season. He then restored me to faith and peace over time.

Job 33:19-27 Sometimes we are punished with a serious illness ... One of a thousand angels then comes to our rescue by saying we are innocent. The angel shows kindness, commanding death to release us, because the price was paid. Our health is restored, we feel young again, and we ask God to accept us. Then we joyfully worship God, and we are rewarded because we are innocent. When that happens, we tell everyone, "I sinned and did wrong, but God forgave me

Perhaps what Jesus told others fits as well:
whenever He said that : no, it is not because of their sin, nor because of their parents sin, but so Yhwh may receive glory .

I've seen many people healed without any indication they were sick because of their sin or their parents sin.
Also, many times, it was simply due to "lack of knowledge" - even many people dying,
or when they learn in time, being saved from dying.

The "lack of knowledge" is like a tsunami over the land - most common.
The evil world system we all are surrounded by and saved from in Christ,
does not like nor want people to be healed .
There is a lot done to prevent people from being healed,
and to make sure they never learn the truth,
and to make sure a lot more people get sick.
As it is written in Galatians "Society is pernicious" (death dealing, pervasively);
and other places written "he(the devil) comes only to kill, to steal, and to destroy" .

Jesus came not to condemn everyone for their lack of knowledge or their sin,
but to Redeem those He was sent for - everyone who turns to Him to be saved.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟734,719.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps what Jesus told others fits as well:
whenever He said that : no, it is not because of their sin, nor because of their parents sin, but so Yhwh may receive glory .

I've seen many people healed without any indication they were sick because of their sin or their parents sin.
Also, many times, it was simply due to "lack of knowledge" - even many people dying,
or when they learn in time, being saved from dying.

The "lack of knowledge" is like a tsunami over the land - most common.
The evil world system we all are surrounded by and saved from in Christ,
does not like nor want people to be healed .
There is a lot done to prevent people from being healed,
and to make sure they never learn the truth,
and to make sure a lot more people get sick.
As it is written in Galatians "Society is pernicious" (death dealing, pervasively);
and other places written "he(the devil) comes only to kill, to steal, and to destroy" .

Jesus came not to condemn everyone for their lack of knowledge or their sin,
but to Redeem those He was sent for - everyone who turns to Him to be saved.

Hi in other peoples cases it may be that it was not sin. But for me it was certainly sin that did it.

As the bible says:

Job 33:19-27 Sometimes we are punished with a serious illness ...

But then it goes on to say ...

One of a thousand angels then comes to our rescue by saying we are innocent. The angel shows kindness, commanding death to release us, because the price was paid. Our health is restored, we feel young again, and we ask God to accept us. Then we joyfully worship God, and we are rewarded because we are innocent. When that happens, we tell everyone, "I sinned and did wrong, but God forgave me

I know from my experience it fits that verse perfectly, it is exactly what happened to me. I had years of it.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
God created Adam and Eve with the ability to procreate--create new life passing a part of themselves into their children. God has not created anyone since. We are a product of genetics--DNA.. Man A gets together with woman B and baby C is he result with the child sharing the genetic makeup of both of them. Unfortunately---we are inheriting the genetic defects of all our past ancestors----some of them had genetic flaws because when sin entered, perfection went out the window. Some of the flaws handed down were of their own making through bad lifestyles producing sickness, weaknesses and through having to undergo depravations of good food and the evil from others and our own. With sin came the earth not producing at it's peak and giving us the best of food. God may know that man A if he gets with woman B will end up with someone who will have the genetic makeup of baby C. That doesn't mean God forced them to get together and have sex in order to give baby C some inherited illness or deformity. We are given life by our parents. God's original breath of life has been passed on down to each of us---we get what we get--Satan has been working on the outside of things that will interfere with the original perfection of God's work. Neither is in the womb, deciding that this sperm and egg are going to have this or that sickness or deformity.
Yes, God can heal, But He is not now working to make things perfect for us. We are here to choose to follow Him or not, and He has only promised to be there for us and help us through this life. We are to be a blessing to others whenever possible, not to be receiving no end of blessings for ourselves. He allows the flaws and problems to happen and it is up to us to take Him at His word and learn to cope and deal with the sins that others, and our own, end up causing us. That is life for now---Perfection will come when He returns.
God has His reasons for not healing, or for healing. He has the whole picture, we can only see the tiny section of time right in front of us. This world is full of trials, sorrows, and sometimes horrors. Satan revels in our downfalls, God will be there to help pick us up---if we let Him. A child learns to walk through trial and error and a lot of falling down. The trick is to keep getting up and keep trying, then you will learn to run---stay down, you will learn nothing and be useless to yourself, others and God.

Took me years to get over my anger at God for what I went through as a child---it was not God that raped me, it was my fathers choice. He let it happen, He could have stopped it. He doesn't force anyone to do the right thing. He will not force me to do the right thing (I wish He would!!) We make our choices, my father made his--God will deal with his choices, I can only control my own. I have been in pain 24/7 for over 25 years----without the comfort and medical help I get I'd have blown my brains out years ago. I no longer pray to be healed. I pray that God will heal if it is for the best, but if not, then please help me to cope and maintain my love for Him and to be a blessing to others. It's not His job to make things easy for me, it is my job to handle the life that has been given me and do it with Him in hand. Is it easy??? *(^^&& NO!! Biut it's life and there is the promise of eternal life in a perfect world at the end.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Yhwh Granted Every Life in the Womb to those who were seeking Him, called by Him, chosen for His Plan and His Purpose;
Each and Every One.

The possibility that any Life started without Him
is less than that a bird may die anywhere on earth without His Full Knowledge and Allowing it to happen.

Continually Yeshua is holding EVERY MOLECULE together ,
in the WHOLE ENTIRE UNIVERSE,
or they would simply cease to exist.

Upvote 0