• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

why did God or Satan afflict a Christian with schizophrenia?

joshuahello

May 10, 2016
florida
✟15,131.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I love watching bishop td jakes.In one sermon called"can God trust you.
with trouble?" I found the most satisfying answer.The subject was about Mary the mother of god.You have found favor with God and will bear a son conceived by the Holy spirit,he will be called Jesus,and will deliver many from their sins. Mary had to flee from the authorities to have her son ,not in a palace but a dirty old run down barn.Two years later she was still on the run from the aurhorities. Imagine running from the authorities like that today. She was at times dismissed as his mother,when he said as an example,who r my brothers,and who is my mother.No doubt she loved her son only to witness his torches and death on a cross.The angel told Mary at first you have found favor with god.Mabry she asked why if I have found favor all this trouble has come from it.Similarly because of schizophrenia I have been blessed in ways I can not describe.The greatest gift given to me was the closeness I felt with God in my times of distress. He said that I would be blessed.Why then did the parodooxes of what he blessed me with cause such great trouble in my life. Just because your blessed doesn't mean like in the case of Mary that the very favor you,ve found with God will turn out to cause you the most trouble,even more so than others have.I feel blessed ,and honored to suffer for christ.It,s almost like he has given me a special word of encouragement to give me the strength to handle the troubles that would come from his favor .I believe are jib,if we accept it is to survive it all.

Tigerfan01

Apr 6, 2016
Louisiana
✟16,670.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Every obstacle and challenge is an opportunity to grow in faith. Its amazing how God's peace is right there on the other side if you make the choice to ignore those thoughts of gloom or bitterness.
For many years I just absorbed the bitterness and anger, and wondered why always me. Once I learned that if I give God praise even in the worst of times, the devil will flee.

Reactions: Hieronymus
Upvote 0

orangeness365

Feb 4, 2013
✟6,329.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I was a very devout Christian until God cursed me with demons when I was 10 years old. Now I hate him. I shall burn in hell and it will be his fault.

If the demons are so bad that they make you hate God, why would you want to spend an eternity with the demons in the afterlife?

Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
I was a very devout Christian until God cursed me with demons when I was 10 years old. Now I hate him. I shall burn in hell and it will be his fault.
God loves you. You are very important to Him:

I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. - Jeremiah 29:11

Jesus said this in John 10:10: The thief cometh not but to steal and to kill and to destroy. I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Praying for you dear brother.

:groupray:

Upvote 0

SeraphimSarov

Пресвятая Богородица, спаси нас...
Feb 16, 2007
Nowhere
✟36,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
I admit part of the downfall of my faith is attributable to schizophrenia. (Well, schizoaffective, BP type, but who's counting?) Everyone told me to pray, and God would heal me. Well, he didn't. In fact, those closest to me in Christianity withdrew from me, leaving me alone. That wasn't my only problem with Christianity, but it certainly didn't help.

I can see how someone would take the exact opposite viewpoint, though. It is difficult to find meaning in all of this.

Upvote 0

anx66

Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2016
Haverhill
✟53,564.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
No longer sure who I can trust, and what is real. Feel totally isolated. I read my bible, I pray, I love people through actions. I just can't trust anybody. I feel isolated and alone and my head feels like mush.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So you decided to hate God when you were 10?
And before that you were a devout Christian?
Really?
I can understand anger towards God when life sucks, but can a 10 year old properly assess these things for the rest of his life?

Upvote 0

tatteredsoul

Feb 4, 2016
New York/Int'l
✟14,624.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
So you decided to hate God when you were 10?
And before that you were a devout Christian?
Really?
I can understand anger towards God when life sucks, but can a 10 year old properly assess these things for the rest of his life?

Sometimes 10 year Olds HAVE TO assess those things in their lives , for the rest of his or her life. That is a reason a lot of people don't trust God or the faith. Not everyone is as "lucky" to get it at 30 when they have job security, independence, and emotional footing. And, when those people get it young it usually causes a spiritual pushback.

Honestly as a believer I don't get it either. It sounds so spiritually sweet and victorious to say something like schizophrenia is a blessing - which I supose it could be. But I feel like we tell ourselves to enjoy the pains/trauma in a twisted Stockholm manner than makes us believe it will all be worth it in the end. Not the case for all of us.

And, if you don't have enough faith and have the audacity to ask why, of course you lose your blessings through "learning lessons," like pronging an already dead cow.

Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sometimes 10 year Olds HAVE TO assess those things in their lives ,
Of course.
for the rest of his or her life.
Nah, i don't think so.
That is a reason a lot of people don't trust God or the faith.
Sure, but then you get older and you see that life can be hell for anyone.

Of course it is sometimes impossible to appreciate what life throws in our faces.

Upvote 0

tatteredsoul

Feb 4, 2016
New York/Int'l
✟14,624.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Of course.Nah, i don't think so.Sure, but then you get older and you see that life can be hell for anyone.

Of course it is sometimes impossible to appreciate what life throws in our faces.

Adults realize life is hell with subtle moments of a breeze. But, the hope of a certain season is usually unfounded, and most people have to deal with that while making the pain, rejection or abandonment seem deserving and an obstacle to overcome for victory.

When, the reality may be the extreme pain, abandonment an rejection makes you painfully ordinary. That, you really are abandoned, and so on. There is no Litmus to determine the validity of that except faith, or lack there of. Which is why I said if you happen to lose faith or falter a bit, you are counterintuitively "rewarded" with more of the same trouble.

Reactions: Hieronymus
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
God not only sent His Son Jesus into the world to save the lost,
but also to heal the sick.
Men continually oppose God, more and more every day.
God still heals the sick, as He pleases, any time He wants to.
Just sometimes, probably most of the time, people have more faith in men than in God.
That doesn't result in healing, does it ?
Seek God no matter whether He heals you or not.
He NEVER disappoints anyone who trusts Him and relies on Him -
that is a sure promise of His Word, and HE ALWAYS GUARDS HIS WORD .
i.e. even if you're not healed, that won't matter any more.
if you are healed, you will know who healed you. (not mankind!).
men prefer you to stay sick. remember, men have not changed.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I admit part of the downfall of my faith is attributable to schizophrenia. (Well, schizoaffective, BP type, but who's counting?) Everyone told me to pray, and God would heal me. Well, he didn't. In fact, those closest to me in Christianity withdrew from me, leaving me alone. That wasn't my only problem with Christianity, but it certainly didn't help.
My family saw this a lot for over a decade, and the in-fighting among different groups was most upsetting - no one would tell where to go for best results, unless it was within their own 'group' , so to speak...... thankfully to God forever, lay support groups became available that weren't beholden to any one or another group, and they are often able to help find the elusive answer that "God would heal you" by praying didn't (seem to) provide....

Upvote 0

skalle

Delete system32.
Jun 17, 2016
USA
✟17,101.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green
lay support groups became available that weren't beholden to any one or another group, and they are often able to help find the elusive answer that "God would heal you" by praying didn't (seem to) provide....

My support group often helps where others fail. I admit I should go more often, because it's usually a positive experience. Sometimes I even say something that his helpful to someone else, which is reason enough to go. Thank goodness for NAMI.

Upvote 0