Western NY
✟78,744.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
The passages I provided do not say one word about anyone predestined. I gave you three passages which clearly state to whom God gives grace. Did you not read them? Am I wrong to believe them?

Nothing is said about God giving anyone grace.

Again, nothing is said about God giving anyone grace.

Again, nothing is said about God giving anyone grace.

Do you believe that God gives the same grace to all men ?Or that He gives no grace before one is saved ?

Why was grace given to Jesus (Luke 2:40)? What was its purpose?

Oh, I have one more verse for you -

Proverbs 3:34 -
Though He scoffs at the scoffers, yet He gives grace to the afflicted.

Want to guess what 'afflicted' means? Humble, poor, lowly, and meek. How can 'natural man' humble himself/herself under the hand of God before he/she receives grace? God says it can be done.

I see nothing about God giving anyone grace. Try this - God gives grace to those who humble themselves before Him. Now you have three, oops, four passages which will agree with you and confirm it.

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟801,184.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
How nice of you to give in ..God was really lucky

Was the Father in the prodigal son story “really lucky” to have His young son wimp out/give up?

God is God no matter what I do and my surrendering to Him does not add to God’s “luck”, but it is what God desires in spite of how much trouble I am to Him.

If you thoughtfully answered my questions you might gain a true picture.

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟801,184.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There's a reason why there is no scriptural explanation as to why God created man.

First, let's realize the obvious- such a question would be answered somewhere in the scriptures IF the answer was love, loneliness, or otherwise something simple or remarkable to one's veneration of God.

Second, let's drop the ideological sin that God was kept in the company of the Trinity as to remain perfectly at harmony- God could be one person and still have this by His nature. Loneliness was never a vice of God.

Without something to compare Himself to, there was nothing to actually make Him aware that He existed Himself. Stephen Hawking brought this up once, and upon thinking about it, I realized it made a great deal of sense.
I'm not sure if the Church theologians were addressing this paradox when they came up with this notion, but they proposed nonetheless that existence and life thereof is due not in direct purpose but of unrefined grace- it is simply in the nature of God to create, and doesn't need an activated will to enact it.

So basically, there was no reason. Put that in your morning joe :D
A tree brings glory to God by being a tree, so we need more than just that.

When we talk about “God’s pleasure” we have to keep in mind what gives a totally unselfish being “pleasure” (serving others).

Why would God have a totally unselfish type of Love since He personally would not get anything out of it? If God’s “Love” is some kind of knee jerk reaction then it is really meaningless (something like; gravity which is nice to have, but everyone automatically has it). God Loves us in spite of what we have done, who we are or what we will do, so it has to be by His choice.

If there is this Creator of the universe out there, His “creations” could not really “do” anything for Him, so this Creator would have to be seen as a Giver (Unselfish Lover) and not trying to “get” something from His creation.

So God would create the right universe for the sake of the individuals that will accept His gift (the most powerful force in all universes that compels even God to do all He does) and become like He is.

What keeps the all powerful Creator from just giving whatever He wants to his creation?

There are just something even an all-powerful Creator cannot do (there are things impossible to do), the big inability for us is create humans with instinctive Godly type Love, since Godly type Love is not instinctive. Godly type love has to be the result of a free will decision by the being, to make it the person’s Love apart from God. In other words: If the Love was in a human from the human’s creation it would be a robotic type love and not a Godly type Love. Also if God “forces” this Love on a person (Kind a like a shotgun wedding) it would not be “loving” on God’s part and the love forced on the person would not be Godly type love. This Love has to be the result of a free will moral choice with real alternatives (for humans those alternatives include the perceived pleasures of sin for a season.)

This Love is way beyond anything humans could develop, obtain, learn, earn, pay back or even deserve, so it must be the result of a gift that is accepted or rejected (a free will choice).

An unselfish God would be doing all He can to help willing individuals to make that free will decision to accept His Love. Again, since God will not be forcing these individuals, they have to be willing (it is their choice) and God cannot “make” them willing since that is robotic action. God can only at best make them free will agent (like God is) and capable of make the right decision.

This “Love” is much more than just an emotional feeling; it is God Himself (God is Love). If you see this Love you see God.

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟801,184.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What you presented is outside the Bible, along the lines of human reasoning.

As far as 'pleasure' or 'will', I'll ask this - do you will things in which you take pleasure? Do you not will what you love, and love what you will? Are not your desires also involved in what you will?

How did you come to this conclusion? Where did I specify He takes pleasure in us falling and begging for mercy?

When we talk about “God’s pleasure” we have to keep in mind what gives a totally unselfish being “pleasure” (serving others).

What gives pleasure to a totally unselfish being?

If you think about it could a created thing do anything “for” the Creator of everything that also has all knowledge, power, presence and Love?

What could a created thing add to God?

What would God being trying to “get” from one of His creations?

So God would create the right universe for the sake of the individuals that will accept His gifts (including the most powerful force in all universes that compels even God to do all He does [Love]) and become like He is.

Upvote 0

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Christ fulfilled the law PERFECTLY for us.. because we could never keep it.

Where did Jesus say He fulfilled the law FOR US?

Sin existed before the law was written .. Adam sinned.. the whole world sinned in the time of Noah...and was judged for it, Sodom was judged before there was a "law"

If the law was given so men would know what sinners they were, how did Adam, Noah, and the Sodomites know they sinned? And why were they judged for something they knew nothing about?

God gave the WRITTEN law so that men would know what sinners they were .. they would know they could never be righteous in themselves.. they needed someone to pay that sin debt for them.

How was Noah just and perfect, and how did he find grace in God's eyes?

Genesis 6 -
8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord.
9 This is the genealogy of Noah. Noah was a just man, perfect in his generations. Noah walked with God.

Genesis 7:1 -
Then the Lord said to Noah, “Come into the ark, you and all your household, because I have seen that you are righteous before Me in this generation.

Genesis 20:4 -
But Abimelech had not come near her; and he said, “Lord, will You slay a righteous nation also?

How was Noah a righteous man? And how is it we have a righteous nation? You say they could never be righteous in themselves, yet, the Bible disagrees with you.

In the OC the sacrifices were offered at the temple.. The NC the final perfect sacrifice was offered on the cross for the people of God

Psalm 40:6 -
Sacrifice and offering You did not desire; my ears You have opened. Burnt offering and sin offering You did not require.

Psalm 51 -
16 For You do not desire sacrifice, or else I would give it; You do not delight in burnt offering.
17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit, a broken and a contrite heart—these, O God, You will not despise.

Hosea 6:6 -
For I desire mercy and not sacrifice, And the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.

Matthew 9:13 -
But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy and not sacrifice.’ For I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance.

David said God did not desire sacrifice and offering, along with Hosea and Jesus. How is it you say the perfect sacrifice was offered to God, when He does not desire sacrifice?

David also said the sacrifices of God are a broken spirit, along with a broken and contrite heart, and God will not despise these.

Of a broken spirit and contrite (crushed) heart, we find these truths -

Psalm 34:18 -
The Lord is near to those who have a broken heart, and saves such as have a contrite spirit.

Isaiah 57:15 -
For thus says the High and Lofty One Who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy: “I dwell in the high and holy place, with him who has a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones.

Isaiah 66:2 -
For all those things My hand has made, and all those things exist,” says the Lord. “But on this one will I look: on him who is poor and of a contrite spirit, and who trembles at My word.

Do you not see the sacrifice God wants from us is a broken and a contrite spirit and heart? God will save such, will look upon such and is near such.

All the above looked forward to the cross .. we look back at the cross.. all saved by faith in Christ..

No one from the OT looked forward to the cross; if you think so, please provide passages which state such from the OT. A person does not need to look back at the cross to be saved, but rather, a broken heart and a contrite and humble spirit. Upon such, God gives grace.

Galatians 3:24-25 "Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster."

"So the law has been our tutor for Christ, in order that from faith we would be deemed righteous."Galatians 3:24 (CNT)

Have you found a second and/or third witness to this statement, to confirm it as truth?

Romans 6:14 "For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace."

Let's look at verse 13, which you forgot to include -

13 And do not present your members as instruments of unrighteousness to sin, but present yourselves to God as being alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God.

Sin will not have dominion over us, IF, we do not present our members as instruments of unrighteousness to sin. If anyone presents their members as such, sin has dominion over them. Whether we are under the law or grace has no bearing if we present our member as such instruments.

Again, you have failed to address the passages I gave concerning the ones God gives grace.

My friend ...heaven will be filled with men that have broken the law, that have sinned...the difference between them and the men in hell is those in heaven have a Savior

Only if they observed and heeded the words of the Savior. If one thinks he/she can get to heaven without heeding His saving words, he/she will be greatly disappointed.

Upvote 0

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

What gives pleasure to a totally unselfish being?

Being of use to others.

If you think about it could a created thing do anything “for” the Creator of everything that also has all knowledge, power, presence and Love?

If a man is robot, no. If man has a broken heart and contrite spirit, he can humble himself under His hand, then he is able to hear, understand, and obey His words of Life.

What could a created thing add to God?

Pleasing Him by walking in uprightness.

1 Chronicles 29:17
I know also, my God, that You test the heart and have pleasure in uprightness. As for me, in the uprightness of my heart I have willingly offered all these things;

What would God being trying to “get” from one of His creations?

A broken heart, a broken and contrite heart, repentance, walking in righteousness, and loving Him in return.

So God would create the right universe for the sake of the individuals that will accept His gifts (including the most powerful force in all universes that compels even God to do all He does [Love]) and become like He is.

I have no problem with this.

Upvote 0

rnmomof7

Legend
Feb 9, 2002
Western NY
✟78,744.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Was the Father in the prodigal son story “really lucky” to have His young son wimp out/give up?

God is God no matter what I do and my surrendering to Him does not add to God’s “luck”, but it is what God desires in spite of how much trouble I am to Him.

If you thoughtfully answered my questions you might gain a true picture.

Does God have free will? Can he choose to save who HE chooses ?

Upvote 0

rnmomof7

Legend
Feb 9, 2002
Western NY
✟78,744.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Where did Jesus say He fulfilled the law FOR US?

If the law was given so men would know what sinners they were, how did Adam, Noah, and the Sodomites know they sinned? And why were they judged for something they knew nothing about?

The Law was given only to the people God chose as His own ... Gentiles were under the Noachide law never the laws given to the Jews..

http://www.gotquestions.org/Noahic-covenant.html

Scripture makes clear that even men without the law..know it ..it is in their heart

Romans 2:…14For when Gentiles who do not have the Law do instinctively the things of the Law, these, not having the Law, are a law to themselves, 15in that they show the work of the Law written in their hearts, their conscience bearing witness and their thoughts alternately accusing or else defending them,16on the day when, according to my gospel, God will judge the secrets of men through Christ Jesus.

How was Noah just and perfect, and how did he find grace in God's eyes?

Genesis 6 -
8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord.
9 This is the genealogy of Noah. Noah was a just man, perfect in his generations. Noah walked with God.

Read just before this..
5And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. 6And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart. 7And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.[/I]

8But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.

GRACE is unearned merit.. Noah ...like me did not do one thing to EARN the grace of God

All the men on the earth were sinners...including Noah and his family...the entire earth was wicked... ...But God CHOSE to give His grace to Noah and his family

BTW This is the 1st time that GRACE appears in the scriptures...

God chose Noah.. Noah did not choose God

Noah was the first man SAVED BY FAITH

Psalm 40:6 -
Sacrifice and offering You did not desire; my ears You have opened. Burnt offering and sin offering You did not require.

Psalm 51 -
16 For You do not desire sacrifice, or else I would give it; You do not delight in burnt offering.
17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit, a broken and a contrite heart—these, O God, You will not despise.

Hosea 6:6 -
For I desire mercy and not sacrifice, And the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.

Matthew 9:13 -
But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy and not sacrifice.’ For I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance.

David said God did not desire sacrifice and offering, along with Hosea and Jesus. How is it you say the perfect sacrifice was offered to God, when He does not desire sacrifice?

David also said the sacrifices of God are a broken spirit, along with a broken and contrite heart, and God will not despise these.

Of a broken spirit and contrite (crushed) heart, we find these truths -

Psalm 34:18 -
The Lord is near to those who have a broken heart, and saves such as have a contrite spirit.

Isaiah 57:15 -
For thus says the High and Lofty One Who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy: “I dwell in the high and holy place, with him who has a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones.

Isaiah 66:2 -
For all those things My hand has made, and all those things exist,” says the Lord. “But on this one will I look: on him who is poor and of a contrite spirit, and who trembles at My word.

Do you not see the sacrifice God wants from us is a broken and a contrite spirit and heart? God will save such, will look upon such and is near such.
[/quote]

The problem my friend is that the natural man will never repent as GOD brings repentance ..repentance is a gift of God ... It is the Holy Spirit that convicts us of our sin

The natural man repents as Essau and Judas..

God is the one that gives repentance to conversion...

2Tim 2 :4And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, 25In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 26And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

No one from the OT looked forward to the cross; if you think so, please provide passages which state such from the OT. A person does not need to look back at the cross to be saved, but rather, a broken heart and a contrite and humble spirit. Upon such, God gives grace.

Did God save all the OT pagans that had a humble and contrite heart ?

Does God save all those Buddhists, Mormons, Muslims Jw's, atheists that have humble and contrite hearts ?

Scripture tells me they were saved by their faith ...just as the NT saints are .

They had faith in THE PROMISE ...
Let's look at verse 13, which you forgot to include -

13 And do not present your members as instruments of unrighteousness to sin, but present yourselves to God as being alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God.

Sin will not have dominion over us, IF, we do not present our members as instruments of unrighteousness to sin. If anyone presents their members as such, sin has dominion over them. Whether we are under the law or grace has no bearing if we present our member as such instruments.

Again, you have failed to address the passages I gave concerning the ones God gives grace.

Only if they observed and heeded the words of the Savior. If one thinks he/she can get to heaven without heeding His saving words, he/she will be greatly disappointed.

You seem to be trapped in the Old covenant ... jesus took great time to teach that the ENTIRE OC was pointing at HIM..at the NC ...

Keep working away my friend.. I rest in the finished work of Christ..

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟801,184.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Being of use to others.

Helping others is good.

If a man is robot, no. If man has a broken heart and contrite spirit, he can humble himself under His hand, then he is able to hear, understand, and obey His words of Life.

It sounds like it is all to help man and not “do” something for God.

Pleasing Him by walking in uprightness.

God would be happy with what God did no matter what man does. We do make God happy by repenting and seeking Him (He is at our elbow), but this is like making the father happy in the prodigal son story, I am suggesting it really does not “add” to God.

1 Chronicles 29:17
I know also, my God, that You test the heart and have pleasure in uprightness. As for me, in the uprightness of my heart I have willingly offered all these things;

Paul gave God lots of fits also.

A broken heart, a broken and contrite heart, repentance, walking in righteousness, and loving Him in return.

The only way I know a person can “Love” God (with a Godly type Love) is by first humbly accepting God’s Love in the form of forgiveness (“…he that is forgiven much Loves much…”), so our Love is automatic if we accept God’s forgiveness of an unbelievable huge debt.

I have no problem with this.

Good

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟801,184.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Does God have free will? Can he choose to save who HE chooses ?

Of course “God has free will”, but He has both shown us and told us: He will only do the: fairest, just, righteous, holy, Merciful, Gracious, Loving thing every time.

God has told us He will “save” all those that humbly accept His invitation and will not save those who continue to reject His invitation to the point of never accepting.

Why from your understanding does God not save everyone and what makes His selection not arbitrary (which would be unjust)?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rnmomof7

Legend
Feb 9, 2002
Western NY
✟78,744.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Of course “God has free will”, but He has both shown us and told us: He will only do the: fairest, just, righteous, holy, Merciful, Gracious, Loving thing every time.

God has told us He will “save” all those that humbly accept His invitation and will not save those who continue to reject His invitation to the point of never accepting.

Why from your understanding does God not save everyone and what makes His selection not arbitrary (which would be unjust)?

If God has free will can He not choose whom He wants to save ?

Can God violate His nature ?

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟801,184.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If God has free will can He not choose whom He wants to save ?

Can God violate His nature ?

God has told us who He will save and it is: “whoever”, anyone that humbly accepts His charity (grace/mercy/forgiveness/Love).

If a father could just as easily save all his children from a burning building as it would be for him to save one, then He must save all even if He has “free will” to do whatever he wants because God cannot violate His Loving nature?

It is not in any way “God’s fault” all people are not “saved”, because some refuse to accept God’s Love and God is not going to force them to accept His Love.

Upvote 0

rnmomof7

Legend
Feb 9, 2002
Western NY
✟78,744.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
God has told us who He will save and it is: “whoever”, anyone that humbly accepts His charity (grace/mercy/forgiveness/Love).

The question is WHO is the" whoever"

What man will choose?
Who will hear ?

Scripture tells us that the natural man does not hear and does not understand ...

Could you show me scripture teaching free will ? And that God CAN NOT violate it ?

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟801,184.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The question is WHO is the" whoever"

What man will choose?
Who will hear ?

If God or anyone else “knew” who would accept His Love and who would reject His Love prior to God deciding to make that person, then it would not be that person’s autonomist free will choice. Immediately at the moment God decides to make a person (which could be at the beginning of time) God knows all the free will choices that person made throughout that person’s life.

Scripture tells us that the natural man does not hear and does not understand ...

Mark 4:9 Then Jesus said, “Whoever has ears to hear, let them hear.”

We have to read in context and when Jesus quotes from the Old Testament you have to go back and read the whole book if need be to understand what was being said. Jesus would quote only a verse to draw people to the entire Old Testament Passage. When Jesus said:

Mark 4:12 so that,

“‘they may be ever seeing but never perceiving,

and ever hearing but never understanding;

otherwise they might turn and be forgiven!’”

That is quoting: Isaiah 6:9,10 so you have to go back to Isaiah

Isaiah 6: 9 starts by saying: He (God) said, “Go and tell this people:

So why is God telling the people anything if they cannot hear?

Isaiah 6:10 Make the heart of this people calloused;

make their ears dull

and close their eyes

What Isaiah said to the people was not what they wanted to hear so the turned against Isaiah, but the message of Isaiah was right so do we plan God for making thir ears dull and closing their eyes or did the people chose to not hear and not see. Jesus will tell the Pharisees they are blind, but Jesus did not blind them but the message they refused to accept blinded them.

Everyone is not blinded by the gospel message, but some will chose to be blinded by it because they are unwilling to accept it, the same as some people in Israel at the time of Isaiah fled to Juda.

Jesus is saying: “I am like Isaiah and the masses are like the people Isaiah preached to.”

Could you show me scripture teaching free will ? And that God CAN NOT violate it ?

The Old Testament talks about freewill offerings (which would require free will).

Jesus’ banquet parables show people being invited and refusing to go and the masters did not kidnap them into going.

The teachers/preachers in the New Testament were not going around looking for the saved people (elect), but were going to everyone trying to convince them of the good news.

Did Adam and Eve make a free will choice?

I am not saying God cannot “violate” a free will choice of an individual, since each individual need only a few free will choices and really the one to accept or reject God’s help (charity) is needed. Especially the people that refuse god’s charity to the point of never accepting need no more choices (which God would know when that happened).

God is allowing each mature adult to make this one free will choice of accepting or rejecting so they can become like God himself in that they have Godly type Love. If God takes this one free will choice away from man how would man ever obtain Godly type love since it is not instinctive (robotic) to man?

Upvote 0

rnmomof7

Legend
Feb 9, 2002
Western NY
✟78,744.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
"Mark 4:9 Then Jesus said, “Whoever has ears to hear, let them hear.”"

So who has the ears to hear ?

Matthew:
1The same day went Jesus out of the house, and sat by the sea side. 2And great multitudes were gathered together unto him, so that he went into a ship, and sat; and the whole multitude stood on the shore.

3And he spake many things unto them in parables, saying, Behold, a sower went forth to sow; 4And when he sowed, some seeds fell by the way side, and the fowls came and devoured them up: 5Some fell upon stony places, where they had not much earth: and forthwith they sprung up, because they had no deepness of earth: 6And when the sun was up, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away. 7And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprung up, and choked them: 8But other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold. 9Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

10And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables? 11He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.12For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath. 13Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.

14And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:

15For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

16But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear. 17For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.

Read that carefully they could not hear because it was not the will of God for them hear..and understand[/B][/B]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟801,184.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"Mark 4:9 Then Jesus said, “Whoever has ears to hear, let them hear.”"

So who has the ears to hear ?

Matthew:
1The same day went Jesus out of the house, and sat by the sea side. 2And great multitudes were gathered together unto him, so that he went into a ship, and sat; and the whole multitude stood on the shore.

3And he spake many things unto them in parables, saying, Behold, a sower went forth to sow; 4And when he sowed, some seeds fell by the way side, and the fowls came and devoured them up: 5Some fell upon stony places, where they had not much earth: and forthwith they sprung up, because they had no deepness of earth: 6And when the sun was up, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away. 7And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprung up, and choked them: 8But other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold. 9Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

10And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables? 11He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.12For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath. 13Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.

14And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:

15For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

16But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear. 17For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.

Read that carefully they could not hear because it was not the will of God for them hear..and understand[/B][/B]

If you read more than just the verses Jesus quoted from the Old Testament you will find the issue is not with God but the people not listening. If they are unwilling to listen God will provide an even great delusion.

Yes, the people during Christ’s time outside the enter circle of 12 to 120 only hear about the Kingdom in parables from Jesus for lots of good reasons:

1. If Jesus had technically explained the kingdom to them they would not understand at that time, since they had nothing to relate such a unique spiritual “kingdom” to.

2. They would not have stayed to listen, even those in the enter circle had a hard time understanding.

3. The parables were entertaining, easy to remember, stories they would tell others, so unwittingly they are learning tons of information about the Kingdom and passing it on to others, now when the kingdom does come on Pentecost people can understand the spiritual meaning of Christ’s parables since they can see the kingdom and might even be in the Kingdom.

4. If Jesus had been more open about His purpose early on the Pharisees could have possible had more ammunition to get him killed earlier? Jesus needed those three years to teach mainly the 12.
The masses are a fickle group.

Upvote 0

rnmomof7

Legend
Feb 9, 2002
Western NY
✟78,744.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
If you read more than just the verses Jesus quoted from the Old Testament you will find the issue is not with God but the people not listening. If they are unwilling to listen God will provide an even great delusion.

Yes, the people during Christ’s time outside the enter circle of 12 to 120 only hear about the Kingdom in parables from Jesus for lots of good reasons:

1. If Jesus had technically explained the kingdom to them they would not understand at that time, since they had nothing to relate such a unique spiritual “kingdom” to.

2. They would not have stayed to listen, even those in the enter circle had a hard time understanding.

3. The parables were entertaining, easy to remember, stories they would tell others, so unwittingly they are learning tons of information about the Kingdom and passing it on to others, now when the kingdom does come on Pentecost people can understand the spiritual meaning of Christ’s parables since they can see the kingdom and might even be in the Kingdom.
Matt 13:34 “All these things spoke Jesus unto the multitude in PARABLES; and without a parable spoke He not unto them.”

Actually the reason Jesus taught in Parables was to hide the truth

Mark 4:10And when he was alone, they that were about him with the twelve asked of him the parable. 11And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables: 12That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them.

13 “And when He was alone, they that were about Him with the twelve asked of Him the parable. And He said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God, but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables.

“That seeing they may see, and not perceived: and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted and their sins should be forgiven them. And He said unto them, Know ye not this parable? And how then will you know all parables?”

1. If Jesus had been more open about His purpose early on the Pharisees could have possible had more ammunition to get him killed earlier? Jesus needed those three years to teach mainly the 12.
The masses are a fickle group.

The crucification was set in Gods timeline ..nothing could have made it a day earlier or a day later

Upvote 0