Jul 5, 2014
✟570,626.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I think the name "Lucifer" is a mistranslation. But anyways, why do you think he created Satan?
That's a whole new topic. But........it's your thread.

God did not create Satan. He created Lucifer. He created him with free will. Lucifer rebelled and is now Satan.

Upvote 0

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
That's a whole new topic. But........it's your thread.

God did not create Satan. He created Lucifer. He created him with free will. Lucifer rebelled and is now Satan.

Lucifer was a name used for the king of Babylon, translated to Morning Star in some translations, and Jesus himself was even referred to as such. Lucifer has never been Satan, and it's only often thought that because of what other people have heard, and only hearing 12-15 of Isaiah 14.

Reactions: Achilles6129
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,626.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Lucifer was a name used for the king of Babylon, translated to Morning Star in some translations, and Jesus himself was even referred to as such. Lucifer has never been Satan, and it's only often thought that because of what other people have heard, and only hearing 12-15 of Isaiah 14.

I cannot take credit for the following text. However there is no sense in me writing it all out. It can be found at this site:

https://gotquestions.org/Lucifer-Satan.html

There is no verse in the Bible that says, “Lucifer is Satan,” but an examination of several passages reveals that Lucifer can be none other than Satan. The fall of Lucifer described in Isaiah 14:12 is likely the same that Jesus referred to in Luke 10:18: "I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven.” A similar fall is depicted in Ezekiel 28.

Isaiah 14:12–18 describes the fall from heaven of one called “Lucifer,” a name that means “morning star,” “son of the dawn,” “Day Star,” or “shining star.” The description of the one referred to shows us it can be none other than Satan. We know from Jesus’ own words in Luke 10 that Satan fell from heaven. So, when Isaiah refers to Lucifer (In Hebrew, helel) being cast down to earth (Isaiah 14:12), it can be none other than Satan. The reason for his fall is found in verses 13 and 14: “You said in your heart, ‘I will ascend to heaven; I will raise my throne above the stars of God; I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly, on the utmost heights of the sacred mountain. I will ascend above the tops of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High.’” This has always been Satan’s desire—to be God—and it is the very temptation he used in the garden of Eden to get Eve to disobey God: “You shall be as God” (Genesis 3:5).

Then, in this scripture, they are all tied together......

Revelation 12:9King James Version (KJV)

9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Was it not Lucifer who was the one who fell from grace, took one third of the angels with him?

To summarize, Lucifer was cast out of heaven for his sin of pride and his desire to be God. Jesus referred to seeing Satan being cast out of heaven. Therefore, we can conclude that Lucifer and Satan are one and the same.

Upvote 0

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I cannot take credit for the following text. However there is no sense in me writing it all out. It can be found at this site:

https://gotquestions.org/Lucifer-Satan.html

There is no verse in the Bible that says, “Lucifer is Satan,” but an examination of several passages reveals that Lucifer can be none other than Satan. The fall of Lucifer described in Isaiah 14:12 is likely the same that Jesus referred to in Luke 10:18: "I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven.” A similar fall is depicted in Ezekiel 28.

Isaiah 14:12–18 describes the fall from heaven of one called “Lucifer,” a name that means “morning star,” “son of the dawn,” “Day Star,” or “shining star.” The description of the one referred to shows us it can be none other than Satan. We know from Jesus’ own words in Luke 10 that Satan fell from heaven. So, when Isaiah refers to Lucifer (In Hebrew, helel) being cast down to earth (Isaiah 14:12), it can be none other than Satan. The reason for his fall is found in verses 13 and 14: “You said in your heart, ‘I will ascend to heaven; I will raise my throne above the stars of God; I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly, on the utmost heights of the sacred mountain. I will ascend above the tops of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High.’” This has always been Satan’s desire—to be God—and it is the very temptation he used in the garden of Eden to get Eve to disobey God: “You shall be as God” (Genesis 3:5).

Then, in this scripture, they are all tied together......

Revelation 12:9King James Version (KJV)

9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Was it not Lucifer who was the one who fell from grace, took one third of the angels with him?

To summarize, Lucifer was cast out of heaven for his sin of pride and his desire to be God. Jesus referred to seeing Satan being cast out of heaven. Therefore, we can conclude that Lucifer and Satan are one and the same.

If you read beyond those verses in Isaiah, it shows that it was talking about a human king, and that the people he ruled over would mock him for making himself out to be powerful, and it's directly stated in a verse prior that it's a proverb taken up against the king of Babylon.

As for Revelation, first of all, Revelation is mostly believed to be a vision of the future (though I think it's symbolic of the Roman Empre and Nero), so saying that just that part speaks of the past makes no sense.

And as another thought about Revelation's statement there, back in the Old Testament God was seen as having done everything, responsible for both good and evil, and the serpent in the garden was a serpent, and in Job Satan was in heaven after traveling the Earth and did as God permitted. It wasn't until New Testament times that Satan was seen as being completely evil in opposition to God's complete good, and that mention in Revelation reflects that mindset.

Upvote 0

Archie the Preacher

Apostle to the Intellectual Skeptics
Apr 11, 2003
Hastings, Nebraska - the Heartland!
Visit site
✟38,822.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Achilles6129 said:
OK, so then why did God create Lucifer?
Probably for the same reason He created Attila the Hun, Alexander the Great, Ted Bundy, you and me.

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Since time is indelibly tied up with space in the creation of the universe, the concept of 'before' cannot really exist without time being created in the first place.
That is utter nonsense. Sequences of events constituting past present and future were happening in the spirit realm or heaven billions of years before the Big Bang.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,626.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
OK, so then why did God create Lucifer?
Lucifer was the highest of all created beings. He was God's right hand man, of the created.
Lucifer was so high up the hierarchy that he thought he could conquer God.
The reason he was made was to be God's runner and admiral...
Lucifer was also the music director and coordinator of all heaven. His body was a musical instrument.

He was created for good but he was also given free will. His pride did him in.

Upvote 0

toLiJC

Jun 18, 2012
✟35,877.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You don't do something of great magnitude unless you have a reason to do it. So, why did God decide to create the universe?

the universe as containing God, as well as other things, is not created - it is indefinitely existing, but the universal creation is the thing that was made, including the "heaven", the "earth", the "sea", etc., as for the reason, God wanted there to be life for the souls

Blessings

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,626.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
If you read beyond those verses in Isaiah, it shows that it was talking about a human king, and that the people he ruled over would mock him for making himself out to be powerful, and it's directly stated in a verse prior that it's a proverb taken up against the king of Babylon.

As for Revelation, first of all, Revelation is mostly believed to be a vision of the future (though I think it's symbolic of the Roman Empre and Nero), so saying that just that part speaks of the past makes no sense.

And as another thought about Revelation's statement there, back in the Old Testament God was seen as having done everything, responsible for both good and evil, and the serpent in the garden was a serpent, and in Job Satan was in heaven after traveling the Earth and did as God permitted. It wasn't until New Testament times that Satan was seen as being completely evil in opposition to God's complete good, and that mention in Revelation reflects that mindset.
The book of revelation describes events of the past present and future.

Remember, Christ was the creator of the universe. He was here from the beginning. He saw all the events of Lucifer's fall and, the temptation of Adam and Eve, was in the fiery furnace with Shadrach, Meshac and Abednego.

Upvote 0

food4thought

Loving truth
Supporter
Jul 9, 2002
Watervliet, MI
✟383,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
YEs,
HE wants fellowship WITH HUMANS.
HE DESIRES FELLOWSHIP WITH HUMANS.
HE DELIGHTS OVER HUMANS WHO BELIEVE.
HE SENT HIS SON Y'SHUA TO DIE FOR HUMANS.

Notice HUMANS. HE CREATED HUMANS FOR HIS GOOD PLEASURE and FOR PERSONAL ETERNAL FELLOWSHIP.

Not goo, and not monkeys.

I think you mistake my monkey avatar, I do not support evolution at all. The thinking monkey just meshed well with my username.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
1 Corinthians 2:7
Parallel Verses
New International Version
No, we declare God's wisdom, a mystery that has been hidden and that God destined for our glory before time began.

New Living Translation
No, the wisdom we speak of is the mystery of God--his plan that was previously hidden, even though he made it for our ultimate glory before the world began.

Upvote 0