Why Bush may be thinking about replacing Cheney.

Johnboy60

Looking For Interesting News.
Dec 28, 2003
Tennessee
✟306,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The Dick Cheney shooting incident will, in a way, go away. And, in a way, not--ever. Some things stick. Gerry Ford had physically stumbled only once or twice in public when he became, officially, The Stumbler. Mr. Ford's stumbles seemed to underscore a certain lack of sure-footedness in his early policies and other decisions. The same with Jimmy Carter and the Killer Rabbit. At the time Mr. Carter told the story of a wild rabbit attacking his boat he had already come to be seen by half the country as weak and unlucky. Even bunnies took him on.

http://www.opinionjournal.com/columnists/pnoonan/?id=110007972

Petunia

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 9, 2004
✟211,267.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I really don't think it's that much of a big deal to the Bush administration. Especially since Whittington is doing well. The liberals continue to attempt to smudge it. But that's pretty normal. If the accident had been more severe or fatal... Cheney probably would have resigned on his own.

Upvote 0
J

jamesrwright3

Petunia said:
I really don't think it's that much of a big deal to the Bush administration. Especially since Whittington is doing well. The liberals continue to attempt to smudge it. But that's pretty normal. If the accident had been more severe or fatal... Cheney probably would have resigned on his own.

Not because he would have had to, I am sure if he was seriously injured Cheney would have been emotionally traumatized and not been able to perform the duties of the VP

Upvote 0

Feb 18, 2006
✟15,138.00
Faith
Protestant
You guys, a hunting accident should NEVER cause someone to resign. The fact is that Cheney's buddy had actually done something stupid to get shot-He walked towards where he had shot a quail without informing anyone, where the sun would be in the other hunters' eyes. Cheney shot at the quail that his hunting buddy scared into the air(scared by accident, I add) and Cheney, thinking the hunter wasn't there, fired at the quail. Besides, what does a hunting accident really have to do with being a politician? If something that small should force someone to resign, then I can say that just about everyone should leave the government, both conservatives and liberals. The only thing about the hunting accident that I say warrants a resignation is Hillary Clinton's comment on the whole thing. She claims that since Cheney took a day to report the accident, then that just showed how the Bush Administration hides the truth from the people! ??????? What on earth does a hunting accident involving Cheney have to do with Bush's administration? Does anyone actually think that Bush knew about it and told Cheney "We'd better not let the people know about this for a day, since this information could compromise what my administration does in private!"? This is an event that should just be laid to rest. It shouldn't have an effect on the presidency, on Washington, or on anyone. The guy Cheney shot SAYS it was his fault, not Cheney's! The local sherrif says it was not Cheney's fault! And no one with an ounce of sense would say that a hunting accident has to do with a conspiracy involving the White House.

Upvote 0

Petunia

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 9, 2004
✟211,267.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
jamesrwright3 said:
Not because he would have had to, I am sure if he was seriously injured Cheney would have been emotionally traumatized and not been able to perform the duties of the VP
That's exactly what I was thinking when I made my comment.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums