Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
God was clear you are not to hold anything against your brother or even be angry with him. So why are so many Christians at each other throats while preaching God's word? It is in fact a sin and no one can preach God's word by way of The Holy Spirit while sinning. Knock it off. We are family, Brothers and Sisters, we are not strangers or the enemy.

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Good question. I know of at least two people on here that have placed me on ignore. Did I insult them, call them names, question their character, anything like that? No. I disagreed with their views and questioned them. I thought iron sharpened iron. I guess that's not the case.

Upvote 0
T

The Lorax

Just chiming in here. I've perused these forums and have seen some major disagreements. KJV vs newer translations. Calvinism vs Arminianism. Etc. some pretty strong views. It seems that some people have trouble disagreeing without hurling insults, either directly or subtlely I get the impression that some people like to give their opinions without challenge. I think some of the anger could be avoided if we realized that a challenge to our position is not a personal attack. That's where iron sharpens iron, in my opinion.

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Just chiming in here. I've perused these forums and have seen some major disagreements. KJV vs newer translations. Calvinism vs Arminianism. Etc. some pretty strong views. It seems that some people have trouble disagreeing without hurling insults, either directly or subtlely I get the impression that some people like to give their opinions without challenge. I think some of the anger could be avoided if we realized that a challenge to our position is not a personal attack. That's where iron sharpens iron, in my opinion.

You bring up a good point. Many people when they don't have a rebuttal to an argument they attack the person with insults or goading. Attacking the person just shows that that person is not grounded in there beliefs. They may not even know why they believe what they believe, and it shows the real problem, which is unwillingness to change ones said beliefs. Iron can only sharpen on Iron if both parties are willing to be wrong and also willing to learn. If a person already has the mind set they are right, or there way is the only way, then no one can learn anything from that. We must seek to understand the person we are debating with and then seek to be understood. I need work on this to and do not claim to be prefect.

I think discussion would be much more fruit if both parties came to the discussion with the goal to learn. To often people want to teach instead of learn. This is all ego. It makes a person feel good to have others seek answers from them, but this is wrong to do. We are slaves of God. We should not seek satisfaction for ourselves, but should seek God's favor. We should seek to get out of the way and let God speak through us. To often people make it all about them, this is wrong too. God's word is not about the saved, though it is a guide to us, it is about those coming to Christ. Those who need to hear the truth.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I think it is a matter of the person's motives for being here.

Some are here to proselytize their religion, because they have taken up a cause.

When others respond with sound Bible based teaching that refutes their opinions,they respond with AD HOMINEM rebuttals.

What they should actually be doing is checking their knowledge of the topic ,but all to often they have limited knowledge but unlimited ego.

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I think it is a matter of the person's motives for being here.

Some are here to proselytize their religion, because they have taken up a cause.

When others respond with sound Bible based teaching that refutes their opinions,they respond with AD HOMINEM rebuttals.

What they should actually be doing is checking their knowledge of the topic ,but all to often they have limited knowledge but unlimited ego.

Your right Brother. To often people come to teach instead of Learn. People get an idea they want to preach and just go out and do it. This is wrong. You must study, and study hard, and you must submit to those who understanding is greater. Your right there can be no room for egos, not when it comes to God.

Thank you for your reply good point.

Upvote 0

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear Bluelion. To be angry with your brother/neighbour goes against the Commandment which Jesus has given us in Matthew 22: 35-40: " The first and
great Commandment is: Love God with all thy heart, with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. The second is like it: love thy neighbour/brother as thyself."
In verse 4, Jesus points out these two Commandments: " on these two Commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets." God is Love, and God wants loving sons and daughters. who is our brother/neighbour?? All we know and all we meet, friends and not friends.
The Bible tells us: " Repent and be Born Again," change from being selfish and unloving, to be loving and caring, and kind and always friendly.
In Matthew 7: 7-10: we are told: " ask and you shall receive," we ask God for Love and Joy, then thank God and share all Love and Joy with our neighbour.
God will see our loving efforts, and God will approve and bless us. To be angry with our brother/neighbour is a sin. What is so hard to ask for love and then share it. We keep asking and thanking and then sharing. We might stumble and forget at times, but then we ask God to forgive us, and carry on
loving and caring and being kind and friendly. A Christians weapon is love,
with love we will overcome all enmity and unkindness. The Holy Spirit will help and guide us, Jesus our Saviour will lead us all the way: JESUS IS THE WAY.
A friendly smile will work wonderfully, and Satan and his followers will flee from all love and kindness.
Let us choose life abundantly and ignore all anger and unkindness, and we will find that people will treat us as we treat people, love is very catching.
Let us also remember that Love covers a multitude of sins.
I say this with love, Bluelion. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Dear Bluelion. To be angry with your brother/neighbour goes against the Commandment which Jesus has given us in Matthew 22: 35-40: " The first and
great Commandment is: Love God with all thy heart, with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. The second is like it: love thy neighbour/brother as thyself."
In verse 4, Jesus points out these two Commandments: " on these two Commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets." God is Love, and God wants loving sons and daughters. who is our brother/neighbour?? All we know and all we meet, friends and not friends.
The Bible tells us: " Repent and be Born Again," change from being selfish and unloving, to be loving and caring, and kind and always friendly.
In Matthew 7: 7-10: we are told: " ask and you shall receive," we ask God for Love and Joy, then thank God and share all Love and Joy with our neighbour.
God will see our loving efforts, and God will approve and bless us. To be angry with our brother/neighbour is a sin. What is so hard to ask for love and then share it. We keep asking and thanking and then sharing. We might stumble and forget at times, but then we ask God to forgive us, and carry on
loving and caring and being kind and friendly. A Christians weapon is love,
with love we will overcome all enmity and unkindness. The Holy Spirit will help and guide us, Jesus our Saviour will lead us all the way: JESUS IS THE WAY.
A friendly smile will work wonderfully, and Satan and his followers will flee from all love and kindness.
Let us choose life abundantly and ignore all anger and unkindness, and we will find that people will treat us as we treat people, love is very catching.
Let us also remember that Love covers a multitude of sins.
I say this with love, Bluelion. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.

Hi Emmy, Always a joy.

You are right. God says who ever is angry with there brother is guilty before the court.

Something to ponder.

Upvote 0

James Is Back

CF's Official Locksmith
Aug 21, 2014
Oklahoma
✟32,480.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Because sometimes Pride takes over a person and well it gets out of control. We all should treat each other with love and respect even if we disagree with each others viewpoints and theology.

I was guilty of this years ago and now I have a much clearer head then what I had back then. Although it's hard sometimes not to get angry at those who you disagree with but I if I do I need to bite my tongue and say well ok then I love them and that is their opinion pray to God to give me the strength not to get angry and present my viewpoint if I'm going to present my viewpoint with a loving and caring attitude.

Sorry for the long rant.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Because sometimes Pride takes over a person and well it gets out of control. We all should treat each other with love and respect even if we disagree with each others viewpoints and theology.

I was guilty of this years ago and now I have a much clearer head then what I had back then. Although it's hard sometimes not to get angry at those who you disagree with but I if I do I need to bite my tongue and say well ok then I love them and that is their opinion pray to God to give me the strength not to get angry and present my viewpoint if I'm going to present my viewpoint with a loving and caring attitude.

Sorry for the long rant.

I think we all have been guilty of that, but we must keep working on ourselves through prayer and God's word.

If we are not loving, we are doing something wrong.

Upvote 0

mikedsjr

Master Newbie
Aug 7, 2014
Fort Worth,Tx
✟17,192.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I'll be the target, if we need one.

There is a term called cage stage Calvinism. It's a term used for many new Calvinist who can't handle their zeal. Been there. Done that.

But I think there is a newer stage the internet had created. Longtime Christians angry at the direction of modern church is going. I just left a church where I was angry a long time but I refused to leave due to anger because I knew I my anger was my problem. I didntleave angry. I left because of bad preaching.

Am I still angry? Not as much?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I'll be the target, if we need one.

There is a term called cage stage Calvinism. It's a term used for many new Calvinist who can't handle their zeal. Been there. Done that.

But I think there is a newer stage the internet had created. Longtime Christians angry at the direction of modern church is going. I just left a church where I was angry a long time but I refused to leave due to anger because I knew I my anger was my problem. I didntleave angry. I left because of bad preaching.

Am I still angry? Not as much?

God tells us not to be angry because it does not provide the service to him he requires. We can not forgive while we are angry.

Upvote 0

James Is Back

CF's Official Locksmith
Aug 21, 2014
Oklahoma
✟32,480.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Anger leads to hate,hate leads to jealousy,jealousy leads to the dark side ;)

Ok nuff Yoda talk. Anger does lead to hate and hate leads to all sorts of bad stuff such as jealousy,murder,strife and other bad things.

Lover conquers all folks. Words to live by :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Anger leads to hate,hate leads to jealousy,jealousy leads to the dark side ;)

Ok nuff Yoda talk. Anger does lead to hate and hate leads to all sorts of bad stuff such as jealousy,murder,strife and other bad things.

Lover conquers all folks. Words to live by :thumbsup:

you are very wise yoda :) remember fear also leads to the dark side lol :p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mikedsjr

Master Newbie
Aug 7, 2014
Fort Worth,Tx
✟17,192.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I started becoming less angry as I realized my theology was changing from the church I attended. I found reading Scripture caused me to get angry because I would see, "that verse doesn't say what he said". Prior to the issues I had, I had never loved a church more. Still today I have a huge amount of respect for my pastor there.

I have never disrepect him or the church. I had been called into one of the churches office several times and I completely explained my facebook comments I had made about sermons. I blasted sermons for poor theology. However I always respected the requests made to me. If I have an issue with the sermon to go to the person per Matthew 18 and I told them that isn't the context for the verse. A sermon is not a private matter., but I agreed to cease. I eventually psuedo criticize the sermons . If I need I will point to an example that angered me.

Upvote 0