Why are there so many different Christian denominations?

oi_antz

Opposed to Untruth.
Apr 26, 2010
New Zealand
✟7,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You know, I am beginning to worry about you.

If you admit that other Christians have different interpretations of their faith and scripture, wouldn't it be obvious they think they are right and if you disagree you are wrong (in their minds)?
Not unless we have had chance to meet minds. They could believe any crazy ideas about me and have any wild idea about why I don't agree with them. But once we do get to share our views, to gather with the truth in our midst, only then is it possible for the light to reveal the error and only then can it be established whether we are observing the scriptures without error. Until that has happened, the one accusing the other is basing their objections on their imagination and without even giving opportunity for the truth to be established.

I want to know whether I have ever been in that situation and called wrong, where the light reveals my error. The way you said this as a matter of fact led me to think that you have seen it happen, and that would be something I want to know. I think that you and I sharing our views here today has allowed the light to reveal the error that caused the opposing beliefs that you and I have in this regard. I see the error already, and I reckon you can acknowledge it too if you look back on the last few posts, especially the one that ViaCrucis mentions about Evangelical beliefs of The Holy Spirit's revelation. I do not identify as an Evangelical Christian (according to what I understand that term to describe), and I have shown you plenty now how I view the effect of the light revealing the errors. In a lot of ways I agree with and respect what ViaCrucis believes and says. I actually cannot accuse him of error at the moment, nothing comes to mind in particular. There is an issue about infant baptism that I actually have not yet researched, so it is best for me to have no opinion about that until I am sufficiently informed.

Upvote 0