Why are men often more crude than women?

Thunder Peel

You don't eat a peacock until it's cooked.
Aug 17, 2008
Missouri
✟40,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I just don't find a majority of crudeness funny. It's certainly not creative; anyone can make a joke about bodily functions but how many people can make a joke about string theory or find the humor in something completely random? That's much more exciting to me and that's where I prefer to focus my time and attention.

Upvote 0

jpcedotal

Old School from the Backwoods - Christian Style
May 26, 2009
In between Deliverance and Brother, Where Art Thou
✟13,293.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The crudeness that we are talking about is "in mixed company", right? Because a group of women talk about some pretty nasty, vulgar things and a man's genital is always a hot topic. Men just don't hide it as well or don't care about hiding it.

Men, by nature, are just more bold and a lot less sensitive to other people and situations...not an excuse but something men have to be more aware of more than women...especially in mixed groups.

The Alpha male thang is real and not solely based on sex. A lot of times conversations get vulgar when two or more men are competing for laughs or to be the center of group...

Upvote 0

jpcedotal

Old School from the Backwoods - Christian Style
May 26, 2009
In between Deliverance and Brother, Where Art Thou
✟13,293.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I just don't find a majority of crudeness funny. It's certainly not creative; anyone can make a joke about bodily functions but how many people can make a joke about string theory or find the humor in something completely random? That's much more exciting to me and that's where I prefer to focus my time and attention.

uuuuh, you have Futurama all over your posts. Isn't there more than just a little crude humor on that show? Are you sure u ain't just trying to be the sensitive man of the group?

Upvote 0