Why are black people so extremely jealous of other black people

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

toastface_grillah

51DJ43YqvGL.jpg

Class is in session.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

IamStefanie

Nov 8, 2011
Dallas, TX
✟8,044.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Well yeah but being black doesn't make you an expert on black people any more than wearing clothes makes you an expert on fashion

Well said. That goes for ANYONE who feels they can generalize or come to conclusions about one group of people.

Upvote 0

IamStefanie

Nov 8, 2011
Dallas, TX
✟8,044.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
And of course, we are considered the ugliest, as always.

Hmm, some stupid people may feel that way, but being a dark skinned woman myself, I have had plenty of people tell me how beautiful I am or take a liking to my deep skin color (but I already knew that, I'm God's creation, oh yeah). This comes from people of different nationalities, esp "white" people. And they take a liking to my natural hair, too.

Upvote 0

Reminisce

Nov 3, 2011
✟1,391.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Did I say I've come to conclusions? I'm speaking generally, from personal experience. Besides like I said I'm black so how can it be wrong to point out what I experience as a black person in a black environment? If I started saying "oh why do white people always this and that..." then yeah maybe I'd be out of line because I don't have a right to judge them.

P.S. have a look at international modelling, how many black models do you see on the billboards? Sure some people can like black women in particular but I'm saying that we are generally not living up to the light skinned expectation, hence the rivalry between light and dark skin girls. And I'm glad you like your natural hair because I hate mine cause it won't grow so I cut it all off. Peace.

Upvote 0

IamStefanie

Nov 8, 2011
Dallas, TX
✟8,044.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Prejudice of all kinds are all around us everyday. Generalizing never helps because it offends people that don't fit into that generalization.

If someone of color gets ahead, some people, of all colors are going to be unhappy on all sides and "some" will assume it's because of, or whatever of their color. Blacks can be "too white" for other Blacks and some White people are called "too black" or wanna be or whatever.

What I don't like is the double standard. If it's not OK to have an all white whatever, why is it OK to have the all Black college fund or Black Entertainment Network? If it's not OK to use certain words that start with "N" then why do certain Blacks use it with each other and that is OK? And if I don't like the current President, why is it assumed I am predjudiced against him because of his race? Why can't I just dislike him because I don't like what he believes in?

I do not consider myself predjudiced except that I don't like it when other people (I don't care what color they are) claim everyone else is predjudiced. It can't die down (I don't think we will ever be fully free from it) until we quit saying everything is racial IMO. :wave:

Good points made in this michelle....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

IamStefanie

Nov 8, 2011
Dallas, TX
✟8,044.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Did I say I've come to conclusions? I'm speaking generally, from personal experience. Besides like I said I'm black so how can it be wrong to point out what I experience as a black person in a black environment? If I started saying "oh why do white people always this and that..." then yeah maybe I'd be out of line because I don't have a right to judge them.

Hello, I don't think we have spoke to each other on this forum. I am Stefanie. Good to meet you. Now, I'm going to base my last post on what you said. One of your questions throughout this thread was (something to the degree of) "Why do black people have to act like this?" Now, as I see it, that is drawing a conclusion that all black people act a certain way. If that is not a concluding question, then it may have been better to say "Why do the black people I KNOW have to act this way?" Because if you say "why do black people act this way?", then you are including yourself in this stereotype. Again, this is my opinion and my view. And I will tell you this, the longer you live, the more you'll learn. When I was in my early 20s, I thought I knew it ALL. And I am 28 now, and I can say I have been enlightened! And while I am still on the younger end of the life scale, but (hopefully) wiser than I was at 20, I still have SOOOO much to learn.

FYI: I'm black too. I get it. Been there. Jealousy, light skinned wars, self esteem issues due to my skin color. White people accepting me before my black people would (ha, go figure). But again, all of that negativity is not because of skin color, its really because of the sinful nature and the lack of love of oneself. And as I apply that in my life daily, it makes sense. It doesn't feel good when the negativity comes my way, but again, it makes sense. So, from one black woman to another, I'm not here to argue with you. But I am here to say, I get it, but we all don't act like that, and really, most of us just want to be loved and would like to love one another. Remember, sometimes it comes from ignorance that we don't know what to do. That's when grace has to be extended.

P.S. have a look at international modelling, how many black models do you see on the billboards? (Stef's answer: don't know, haven't really paid attention, but I did want to model at one point. Somebody I know one day is going to pave the way for models under 5"7 who are plus sized; I'll be all over that! LOL). Sure some people can like black women in particular but I'm saying that we are generally not living up to the light skinned expectation (so glad I'm on a Christian site, because I was going to say something not so nice - nothing personal to you, but I could give a rats "you know what" about a light skinned expectation. I'm living up to God's expectation, real talk!), hence the rivalry between light and dark skin girls. And I'm glad you like your natural hair because I hate mine cause it won't grow so I cut it all off. Peace.[/quote]

About the hair, lets talk: I've been wearing it natural since July 2009. I wore the relaxers and all of that. Got tired of frying my scalp, so I cut it all off (I think I have a pic on facebook, I can show you if you are interested - you can see my journey to now too). Anyway, once I cut it, girl it grew new life, It started growing really well. It's real curly so it doesn't look terribly long, but it is thick and most importantly, it is healthy!!! So, I did the fro thing for about 2 years, but grew tired of that, but knew I didn't want to relax it again, so I did something I didn't even THINK I would do, I let it lock up! On 8/22/11, my mom comb twisted my hair, and the rest is history. It's growing down now like I like it, now this black girl can whip HER OWN HAIR BACK AND FORTH! LOL

Peace and blessings to you too (I gotta get ready for church!)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.