Why Abortion should never be Outlawed!! (an honest, personal eperience) TRUTH!!!!

Ayersy

Friendly Neighborhood Nihilist
Sep 2, 2009
England
✟17,209.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Because you still want them to be legal..so that others can kill. If you valued life...if you really thought abortion was that bad....you would not be pro-abortion/choice.

I'm on the same wavelength as Skaloop, I would rather there wasn't a need for abortions at all (Which is why I've always been saying there should be more effort put into sex education, to help prevent unwanted pregnancies), but I recognize the fact that human beings will always go around having unprotected sex, when they don't want/aren't able to raise a child.

I would rather the life be extinguished before it starts so that it prevents a child from living a life of suffering.

Upvote 0
G

good brother

I would rather the life be extinguished before it starts so that it prevents a child from living a life of suffering.

What is suffering? Is it a scrape on the knee as one learns to walk? Is it a broken arm from falling out of a tree? Is it a broken heart from breaking up with one's first sweetie? Is it a broken heart from mourning the loss of a parent, loved one, or friend? Is suffering cancer? What of victory over cancer? Is suffering losing your job? Is suffering having to skimp and scrape to make ends meet so you can save up for that wedding ring? Is suffering not being able to afford steak every night? Is suffering puberty? Is it getting spanked when you have misbehaved? What is suffering? Who determines what an acceptable amount of suffering is? What if "no steak" is suffering for you, but no internet is counted as suffering to someone else? Who defines what suffering is? Do we look to life in the USA as the acceptable standard of living or do we look to Ethiopia for it? Who sets that bar?

And "extinguishing a life before it starts" would be killing the parent of the child before the parent is pregnant. We can argue all day long about whether or not the unborn is a human being, but there is no argument about "it" being alive from the moment of conception.

In Christ, GB

Upvote 0

FaithPrevails

May 7, 2006
Far, far away from here
✟18,154.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Let me start off by saying I don't think that abortion is a human "right" or that it is a "privilege" for those who can afford it... and those that abuse the system to abort a perfectly healthy child just because it is going to derail their life plan are making a terrible decision that i hope one day they will be held responsible

HOWEVER.... please let me explain, through a recent personal experience, why I suddenly have what i feel is an objectively correct stance on the issue of abortion

first of all... my stance...

To argue that abortion should be made illegal for any reason (religous or non-religous), or to argue that abortion is a "sin" is completely foolish and obliviously ignorant to the facts of Life.

now.. my story....

About eight months ago, my Sister (who is 24 years old) was impregnated by her future husband to be (they were engaged at the time and are now happily married.) Everything was going smoothly for the first month and they were ecstatic to be having their first child. My sister has been in the child-care business her whole life, and she was thrilled that she was going to get the chance to raise a child of her own. About a month and a half into the pregnancy the first problems started to be seen by her Doctor. I don't remember the name of the disorder, but the fetus was failing to develop the main valve in it's heart. The doctor let her know that it was sitll early on and that there was a chance it was just not developing yet, but around the 2 month mark it was clear that the babie's heart was not developing properly. The doctors informed my sister that this is a life threatning disorder, because the brain of the fetus would not be able to develope without the proper circulation provided via the heart. The doctors informed her that when she gave birth to the child it would be likely that either

a) the child would already be dead from a lack of oxygen and circulation during the stages of developement
b) the child would be born alive but would die almost instantly
c) the child would have to be rushed into heart surgery immediately and the lack of oxygen supplied to the brain would have caused numerous mental and physical challenges for the remainder of the childs life

overall, they gave the child a 20% chance of being born alive, and a practically 0% chance of living a healthy life.

So my sister was forced to make a decision.

She made the decision that it was in the best interest of the child's well being as well as her own well being to have an abortion.

To this day she says it will forever be the hardest thing she has ever had to do.

To make matter's worse, because of all of the political debates surrounding the issue, the health insurance companies do not cover abortion as a necessary medical procedure. My sister had to get a $10,000 loan which she will be paying back for years (she is currently getting her masters degree and her loans are starting to pile up) in order to have the child aborted.

Now.... for all of you "abortion is the devils act" people, and all of you Rick Perry supporters...

What do you have to say for your argument?

Do you honestly believe that my Sister should have been forced to risk her life to give birth to a dead or dying child?

Do you honestly believe that her acts were a "sin"?

please, enlighten me.

*For the Record*

I was a christian until i was 12 years old, went to church every sunday and wednesday and had faith in the religion....

But i started to learn how to think for myself and decided a long time ago that christianity, like most religions, is a private business built to prey on the weak and the willing. Also, i believe that the objective occurrences related to religion all around the world (not just christianity) have spread much more harm than good.

I still believe in God, but not some God defined in a million different contradictions in ancient text.

We are mere animals, there is no reason why we should believe that we have the power to define God. To think otherwise is childish.

< staff edit > < staff edit >
If you have a good argument to rebuddle an honest and personal experience...

please, enlighten me.

Otherwise, stop fighting to outlaw abortion, because you are ignorant to the experiences of many like my Sister.

please, enlighten me.

I am currently pregnant with my fourth child. I have been blessed with 3 beautiful, healthy children and am blessed thus far with a healthy pregnancy this time. However, I know that life is precious and volatile and anything can change in a split moment. My SIL recently gave birth - had a healthy pregnancy, but the baby was born with some conditions that are, fortunately, treatable.

I have known other women who were not so blessed. I have had friends who have suffered one or multiple miscarriages. I have a cousin whose wife gave birth prematurely and the baby did not survive. I had a church friend who I prayed for through her pregnancy and the first few years of her son's life b/c he was born with a heart condition.

The most poignant story that I have watched unfold so far, though, was a family from my church who was expecting their second child. They learned early on that their child had anencephaly. Obviously, they were devastated by the news. But, they chose to go full-term with the pregnancy and prayed for a miracle. God's will was that their son was healed by being brought home to heaven when he was born. But, the family was adamant that they would not have chosen any other journey (such as abortion) than the one they had.

The women that I have known who have chosen abortion have all shared similar sentiments of not realizing how affected they would be by their choice after the fact. All of them deeply regretted the decision.

If I chose to abort a baby for any reason (which, I honestly never would), I would be taking life into my own hands and I just don't believe I have that kind of authority. God's will be done and if the outcome is one that brings great sorrow or struggles/hardships, then God will give me the grace and strength to deal with it.

I firmly believe that God can and does work miracles in some situations. If we take matters into our own hands, we remove God's ability to work those miracles.

JMHO

Upvote 0

mdancin4theLord

Jul 23, 2011
Arizona
✟1,309.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There are two bad things involved. Abortion and removing a woman's autonomy over her body. To me, the former is less objectionable than the latter, but neither is a good thing. I do think abortion is "that bad", which is why I am not pro-abortion. Just pro-choice. And I'm certainly far less pro-abortion than you, since I've never actually had one.

But what would God say. It's not about what WE THINK...MIGHT BE RIGHT.
God would never condone sin. He would not condone abortion. I mean do you think He would?
This is not just an issue about one body, one life. The unborn is not part of the woman. It might be growing there but it is a separate human life. Louise Brown was the first test tube baby. She was concieved in a petri dish...then implanted to grow. She had her own identity...and so does every fetus in every womb. The fetus is NOT an organ of the womans body. Every fetus has its own genetic code, fingerprints that is completely different than its mothers.

“It is a well-established fact that a genetically distinct human being is brought into existence at conception. Once fertilization takes place, the zygote is its OWN entity, genetically distinct from both the mother and the father. The newly conceived individual possesses all the necessary information for a self-directed development and will proceed to grow in the usual human fashion, given time and nourishment. It is simply untrue that the unborn child is merely a “part of the womans body.” In addition to being genetically distinct from the time of conception, the unborn possesses separate circulatory, nervous and endocrine systems.” (Landrum Shettles and David Rorvik, Rites of Life:The Scientific Evidence for Life Before Birth (Grand Rapids, Mich 1983)

There are two different people we are talking about.......NOT ONE like you suggust. And no one has the right to kill. The mother is not killing herself...she is killing her child. That is why this topic is so contorversial, so important today. If abortion didnt kill...there would be no problem. If this was about a woman chopping off HER OWN leg, or arm etc....this would not be an issue...but it is because this had nothing to do with her body actually. She is the one who willingly (with the exception of rape) had sex, and took the chance to concieve. Any woman with a brain knows that any type of birth control can fail. So why should the unborn be punished for what she willingly did and took the chance to do. She had sex for enjoyment. What is she then killing for? She has a responsiblity....this is a moral issue especially if you are a Christian. God would not endorse....abortion. He is not pro-choice...when it comes to sin.

You are pro-abortion...period. If you went to pro-life events...if you worked in the field...this would be your label...

Upvote 0

Skaloop

Agnostic atheist, pro-choice anti-abortion
May 10, 2006
Burnaby
Visit site
✟29,046.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-NDP
But what would God say. It's not about what WE THINK...MIGHT BE RIGHT.
God would never condone sin. He would not condone abortion. I mean do you think He would?
This is not just an issue about one body, one life. The unborn is not part of the woman. It might be growing there but it is a separate human life. Louise Brown was the first test tube baby. She was concieved in a petri dish...then implanted to grow. She had her own identity...and so does every fetus in every womb. The fetus is NOT an organ of the womans body. Every fetus has its own genetic code, fingerprints that is completely different than its mothers.

True, but that doesn't mean that a woman should be forced to let that separate individual use her body against her will.

There are two different people we are talking about.......NOT ONE like you suggust.

Where did I ever suggest that?

And no one has the right to kill. The mother is not killing herself...she is killing her child. That is why this topic is so contorversial, so important today. If abortion didnt kill...there would be no problem. If this was about a woman chopping off HER OWN leg, or arm etc....this would not be an issue...but it is because this had nothing to do with her body actually.

It has plenty to do with her body, since it is her body that will be housing and nourishing the fetus for 9 months.

She is the one who willingly (with the exception of rape) had sex, and took the chance to concieve. Any woman with a brain knows that any type of birth control can fail. So why should the unborn be punished for what she willingly did and took the chance to do. She had sex for enjoyment. What is she then killing for? She has a responsiblity....this is a moral issue especially if you are a Christian. God would not endorse....abortion. He is not pro-choice...when it comes to sin.

God is absolutely pro-choice, especially when it comes to sin. The whole free-will idea, remember? If He was anti-choice, He wouldn't have given us a choice in the first place. But He specifically did; that's the ultimate pro-choice. Furthermore, God kills more fetuses than man ever has; not only does He endorse abortion (by not preventing it), He actually performs them.

You are pro-abortion...period. If you went to pro-life events...if you worked in the field...this would be your label...

And that label would be wrong then just like it is now. That a group of people would be just as wrong as you are doesn't suddenly make your error correct. Like I said, I have never had or required someone to have an abortion, nor have I seriously entertained the idea of getting one if an unexpected pregnancy arose. You, on the other hand, have actually had an abortion. You are far more pro-abortion than me by this fact alone.

Upvote 0

selfinflikted

Under Deck
Jul 13, 2006
✟24,014.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
But what would God say.

You don't even know what god would say, so why ask this question?

Why not? He murdered countless numbers of babies and children in the past, and allows countless numbers to be aborted (through spontaneous abortion) today.

Further, not everyone is a Christian, as you undoubtedly know, so why should they be held to the rules your god sets forth?

Upvote 0

FaithPrevails

May 7, 2006
Far, far away from here
✟18,154.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Further, not everyone is a Christian, as you undoubtedly know, so why should they be held to the rules your god sets forth?

Not everyone is an unbeliever, either - so why should we be subjected to what unbelievers want? The argument goes both ways.

Upvote 0

Skaloop

May 10, 2006
Burnaby
Visit site
✟29,046.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-NDP
Not everyone is an unbeliever, either - so why should we be subjected to what unbelievers want? The argument goes both ways.

Who is being subjected to "what unbelievers want"? Nobody is being forced to have an abortion, so believers who are against abortion are not required to get one if they don't want to. However, if believers who are against abortion subjected others to their wants, they would be forcing people to carry unwanted pregnancies to term. That's a significant difference; one side isn't forcing anybody to do anything, the other side is forcing people to do something they don't want to do.

Upvote 0

selfinflikted

Under Deck
Jul 13, 2006
✟24,014.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

If you are a believer, fine. Don't have an abortion. It's really simple.

ETA: Also, exactly what Skaloop said. ::thumbsup::

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FaithPrevails

May 7, 2006
Far, far away from here
✟18,154.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Who is being subjected to "what unbelievers want"? Nobody is being forced to have an abortion, so believers who are against abortion are not required to get one if they don't want to. However, if believers who are against abortion subjected others to their wants, they would be forcing people to carry unwanted pregnancies to term. That's a significant difference; one side isn't forcing anybody to do anything, the other side is forcing people to do something they don't want to do.

My tax dollars have been funding Planned Parenthood for years. So, I see that as being forced. As far as unwanted pregnancies are concerned? If a person chooses to have sex, they need to choose responsibility for a pregnancy that results from it. A child that is not wanted by a biological parent would very much wanted by an adoptive family.

Upvote 0

Skaloop

May 10, 2006
Burnaby
Visit site
✟29,046.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-NDP
My tax dollars have been funding Planned Parenthood for years. So, I see that as being forced.

Abortions by PP account for only a very small portion of their operating budget. Most of the money goes to women's health in general.

As far as unwanted pregnancies are concerned? If a person chooses to have sex, they need to choose responsibility for a pregnancy that results from it.

Having an abortion is taking responsibility.

A child that is not wanted by a biological parent would very much wanted by an adoptive family.

Tell that to all the kids waiting to be adopted who never will be.

Upvote 0

selfinflikted

Under Deck
Jul 13, 2006
✟24,014.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
My tax dollars have been funding Planned Parenthood for years. So, I see that as being forced. As far as unwanted pregnancies are concerned? If a person chooses to have sex, they need to choose responsibility for a pregnancy that results from it. A child that is not wanted by a biological parent would very much wanted by an adoptive family.

Ha! Tell that to all the children who never get adopted. I'm pretty sure if you aren't under 2 years old, white, and in perfect health, you're chances of actually getting adopted are pretty slim.

Also, PP provides a myriad of other services to expecting mothers besides abortion.

ETA: Since Skaloop and I are just mirroring each other now, I'm going to let him take it from here :p

Upvote 0

FaithPrevails

May 7, 2006
Far, far away from here
✟18,154.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'll be sure to tell the families that I personally know who have adopted non-white children over the age of two that they're exceptional. ;)

I really only came to this thread to share with the OP, so I'm not really sure what Skaloop will be "taking from here". I stand firm in my beliefs, regardless of whatever anyone would say to try and refute them. :)

Upvote 0

selfinflikted

Under Deck
Jul 13, 2006
✟24,014.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I'll be sure to tell the families that I personally know who have adopted non-white children over the age of two that they're exceptional. ;)

In truth (and judging by statistics), they are.

I really only came to this thread to share with the OP, so I'm not really sure what Skaloop will be "taking from here". I stand firm in my beliefs, regardless of whatever anyone would say to try and refute them. :)

I was only trying to be funny ;) We were posting roughly the same replies at roughly the same times.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
G

good brother

Abortions by PP account for only a very small portion of their operating budget. Most of the money goes to women's health in general.
Say I have $500. My rent costs $475. I also have a drug habit which costs me $400. Now, I can make rent or I can pay for my drugs. I cannot do both. You come along and tell me that you want to help me out. You are willing to give me $400 towards my rent, but you give me the caveat of this money is definitely NOT to go to drugs as you don't want to support my drug habit. Okay. If I take your check every month and pay rent and take my check and go buy my drugs, have you bought my drugs? Maybe not outright, but you sure have allowed me to continue my habit. You therefore have paid for my habit.

Having an abortion is taking responsibility.
Just like shooting a cop who is about to give you a speeding ticket is taking responsibility for speeding. That's horrible! Do you really believe that "the responsible thing" to do is to kill the child that you just CAUSED TO EXIST when you had sex? It's not like a baby sneaks into a womb and sets up camp without anyone knowing it. The only way the baby gets there is through the act of sex.

In Christ, GB

Upvote 0

yasic

Part time poster, Full time lurker
Sep 9, 2005
✟14,558.00
Faith
Atheist

The fact that you know a few children who got adopted doesn't change the fact that most non-white non-boy children above 2 years will never got adopted or have anything resembling a normal family.

Upvote 0

FaithPrevails

May 7, 2006
Far, far away from here
✟18,154.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
In truth (and judging by statistics), they are.

Well, then I am blessed with a lot of exceptional people in my life. :)

I was only trying to be funny ;) We were posting roughly the same replies at roughly the same times.

I got the humor behind the statement, I just don't prefer to be the source of the amusement. ;)

Upvote 0

selfinflikted

Under Deck
Jul 13, 2006
✟24,014.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Well, then I am blessed with a lot of exceptional people in my life. :)

It's just a shame there aren't more exceptional people in the world. Would that I could adopt.

I got the humor behind the statement, I just don't prefer to be the source of the amusement. ;)

You weren't. My apologies if it came out that way.

Upvote 0