Why Abortion should never be Outlawed!! (an honest, personal eperience) TRUTH!!!!

homeofmew

Master Trainer
Site Supporter
May 29, 2005
Houston, Texas
Visit site
✟28,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I think its an area of responsibility that God gave to women, and making laws about it is usurping that. Its same with laws against suicide. Too many laws, too little respect for how things really work. Why doesn't the Bible specifically outlaw abortion or suicide? Same reason.

It's the guys responsibility too, it takes two to make a child.

Upvote 0

katautumn

Prodigal Daughter
May 14, 2015
Atlanta, GA
✟24,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I had an experience recently. It was one of those experiences that shakes your views on a particular issue. I've always identified as politically pro-choice, in that I don't believe abortion should be criminalized. But, I've also been fairly outspoken about abortion for what I guess we could crudely refer to as for "convenience sake". The ones that aren't for rape or incest or high-risk pregnancies. I'm also quite opinionated on people refusing to label the fetus as a human being.

Anyway, my sister just had a baby (her first) in May. Nearly a month ago, her husband walked out on her. Just up and left, with little explanation beyond "this isn't what I want". Having nowhere to go, my sister packed some belongings and brought her child and herself to stay with us. She came to me in tears a few days later and confessed that her period was two weeks late and she had no idea what she was going to do if she was pregnant. She also confessed she was considering an abortion, if she was pregnant. Seeing her circumstances, lack of sufficient income, being abandoned by her husband and having to raise a baby alone made me feel so horrible for her.

That night I got to thinking about having to take her to a clinic and the first thought that popped into my head was, "what about protesters?" I had this image in my head of wrapping my arms around my baby sister and protectively herding her past a mob of angry people and their judgmental eyes and slanderous shouts of "murderer!" and "harlot!" People who would have no idea that my sister wasn't some loose woman with twenty men and no clue who the father of her child was. She was married and very much in love. Her entire world had come crashing down around her in a single moment. And in that moment I felt so much sadness for my sister and what she was going through (and what she would have gone through having an abortion) that it was suffocating.

To make a long story short, she is not pregnant and her husband came back full of regret and they're taking the steps to reconciliation. But the situation gave me, as a Christian, a much better perspective. I've encountered pregnancy scares as a non-believer, as a liberal. I knew I would have an abortion had I gotten pregnant during that time. This time I had to encounter the issue head-on with my sister, and I realized I felt compassion only for her in that moment.

Upvote 0

Soothfish

Jul 24, 2011
United States
✟1,077.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
a) the child would already be dead from a lack of oxygen and circulation during the stages of developement
b) the child would be born alive but would die almost instantly
c) the child would have to be rushed into heart surgery immediately and the lack of oxygen supplied to the brain would have caused numerous mental and physical challenges for the remainder of the childs life

overall, they gave the child a 20% chance of being born alive, and a practically 0% chance of living a healthy life.

So my sister was forced to make a decision.

She made the decision that it was in the best interest of the child's well being as well as her own well being to have an abortion.

So instead of planning palliative care and saying her last goodbyes she chose to speed up the process and kill her child before ever seeing his or her face?

That is absurd. A loving mother would NEVER make such an absurd decision.

This is the sort of thing that a Malthusian eugenicist does because she is ASHAMED of looking upon the face of diseased or disabled human being.

I have nothing good to say about you or your sister so I'll say nothing more. If God exists, may he have mercy on your pitiful souls!

Upvote 0

Soothfish

Jul 24, 2011
United States
✟1,077.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I had an experience recently. It was one of those experiences that shakes your views on a particular issue. I've always identified as politically pro-choice, in that I don't believe abortion should be criminalized. But, I've also been fairly outspoken about abortion for what I guess we could crudely refer to as for "convenience sake". The ones that aren't for rape or incest or high-risk pregnancies. I'm also quite opinionated on people refusing to label the fetus as a human being.

Anyway, my sister just had a baby (her first) in May. Nearly a month ago, her husband walked out on her. Just up and left, with little explanation beyond "this isn't what I want". Having nowhere to go, my sister packed some belongings and brought her child and herself to stay with us. She came to me in tears a few days later and confessed that her period was two weeks late and she had no idea what she was going to do if she was pregnant. She also confessed she was considering an abortion, if she was pregnant. Seeing her circumstances, lack of sufficient income, being abandoned by her husband and having to raise a baby alone made me feel so horrible for her.

That night I got to thinking about having to take her to a clinic and the first thought that popped into my head was, "what about protesters?" I had this image in my head of wrapping my arms around my baby sister and protectively herding her past a mob of angry people and their judgmental eyes and slanderous shouts of "murderer!" and "harlot!" People who would have no idea that my sister wasn't some loose woman with twenty men and no clue who the father of her child was. She was married and very much in love. Her entire world had come crashing down around her in a single moment. And in that moment I felt so much sadness for my sister and what she was going through (and what she would have gone through having an abortion) that it was suffocating.

To make a long story short, she is not pregnant and her husband came back full of regret and they're taking the steps to reconciliation. But the situation gave me, as a Christian, a much better perspective. I've encountered pregnancy scares as a non-believer, as a liberal. I knew I would have an abortion had I gotten pregnant during that time. This time I had to encounter the issue head-on with my sister, and I realized I felt compassion only for her in that moment.

I have no compassion for filthy cowards. So did your sister kill or not kill?

Upvote 0

SithDoughnut

The Agnostic, Ignostic, Apatheistic Atheist
Jan 2, 2010
The Death Starbucks
✟18,474.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
It's the guys responsibility too, it takes two to make a child.

But only one to abort it. How exactly would you hold a man responsible for abortion?

Just to point out here, I support the legalisation of early-term abortion, I'm just interested in the logistics of holding men responsible for abortion.

Upvote 0

Soothfish

Jul 24, 2011
United States
✟1,077.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I think its an area of responsibility that God gave to women, and making laws about it is usurping that. Its same with laws against suicide. Too many laws, too little respect for how things really work. Why doesn't the Bible specifically outlaw abortion or suicide? Same reason.

The Bible does not specifically outlaw abortion because the Hebrews already knew it was insane. Gentiles would visit and say "they even spare their sick ones" and could not understand why the Hebrews valued life. Society has now gone BACKWARDS 3000-6000 years. So all those centuries of gradual social progress are now utterly pointless.

Anyway, why would God give anyone permission to brutally kill an infant?

"You shall not give any of your children to offer them to Molech, and so profane the name of your God: I am the LORD." (Leviticus 18:21)

Killing a child just because you don't feel like having one must be a thousand times worse than the religious rite of child sacrifice.

Upvote 0

katautumn

Prodigal Daughter
May 14, 2015
Atlanta, GA
✟24,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have no compassion for filthy cowards. So did your sister kill or not kill?

If you had bothered to read the entire story and implement some comprehension skills there you'd have noticed in the final paragraph that I said it was a false alarm and she wasn't pregnant.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tangled

Oct 7, 2011
✟16,154.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps.
Proverbs 16:9

According to this Bible verse, people plan to have abortions but the Lord determines the steps to allow it to happen. God is pro-choice; He allows us to plan our courses but He has the ultimate say. Nobody is perfect; we have to keep striving 'til the end, knowing that we are forgiven, unafraid of condemnation.

Upvote 0

Soothfish

Jul 24, 2011
United States
✟1,077.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
If you had bothered to read the entire story and implement some comprehension skills there you'd have noticed in the final paragraph that I said it was a false alarm and she wasn't pregnant.

Oops missed that part.

I am not able to address this topic rationally. The mere mention of the word "abortion" fills my heart with an overwhelming desire for vengeance and cruelty towards my enemies. My mind is filled with the images of murdered children all day long.

This may sound silly or like something a troll would say but this is the truth. Perhaps it is indeed horrible and something to be ashamed of but there it is.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Soothfish

Jul 24, 2011
United States
✟1,077.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Abraham and Isaac come to mind...

No that was a test. Abraham was told to stop. Isaac was never killed.

"And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me. " (Genesis 22:12)

Also, there is reason to believe that Isaac was nearly grown up at the time but that might not really be relevant to the discussion.

Upvote 0

TomZzyzx

Mar 23, 2011
✟9,184.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
tangled said:
In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps.
Proverbs 16:9

According to this Bible verse, people plan to have abortions but the Lord determines the steps to allow it to happen. God is pro-choice; He allows us to plan our courses but He has the ultimate say. Nobody is perfect; we have to keep striving 'til the end, knowing that we are forgiven, unafraid of condemnation.

It sounds like this verse says the exact opposite. If Christians are thinking about having an abortion, God steps in and tells them they are wrong and sends them in a different direction. God is pro-choice in some things, but not on abortion. An abortion unjustly takes the life of an innocent human being. Murder is the unjust taking of an innocent human life, therefore abortion is murder. The Sixth Commandment says, "you shall not murder", Exodus 20:13.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WagginDog

Jan 20, 2008
From Virginia originally. I'm a suburbite.
✟15,883.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Soothsayer said:
The Bible does not specifically outlaw abortion because the Hebrews already knew it was insane. Gentiles would visit and say "they even spare their sick ones" and could not understand why the Hebrews valued life.
I'd like to hear more about that. Do you remember where you heard it?

Anyway, why would God give anyone permission to brutally kill an infant?
I'm not saying that God would, but every baby has just one mother. You in your wisdom want to compel all mothers by law. I suppose you can try, but its not fair to put them in prison or have them criminalized. Its their responsibility, not yours. Its self aggrandizement to think you care about the situation like they do.

Soothsayer said:
The mere mention of the word "abortion" fills my heart with an overwhelming desire for vengeance and cruelty towards my enemies. My mind is filled with the images of murdered children all day long.
Nobody has to fill your heart with vengeance, and your mind makes those images. Matthew 15:19 says For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts.. It feels good to let yourself go and whale on somebody doesn't it? That's all that is. Its just your heart looking for an outlet to express itself, while it tells you that you're doing great.

Upvote 0