...at your service!
Jun 10, 2007
The Kingdom...kinda...
✟20,714.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In the spirit of remembrance of this day, a place to respectfully share our thoughts, questions, and understanding of where our God might have been in all this.

I know, for one, that church attendance rose dramatically the months following the event.

...could only be a good thing I'd hazard to guess. :prayer:

Last edited:

wayseer

Jun 10, 2008
Maryborough, QLD, Australia
✟11,131.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
In the spirit of remembrance of this day, a place to respectfully share our thoughts, questions, and understanding of where our God might have been in all this.

I know, for one, that church attendance rose dramatically the months following the event.

Where was God? Right there in the midst of falling masonry, dust, flames and death.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,856.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

I think that he was there, to hold up those buildings, to help guide all those thousands of people out, to save those firefighters that were helping the woman who couldn't walk any further. She stopped for some reason in the section of stairwell B that survived the collapse and the fire fighters refused to leave her.

Another man was on the 22 floor and fell with the building. He woke up on top of a pile of debris 12 stories high with only a broken leg.

It is so tragic that close to 3000 died but a miracle that the number wasn't 20,000+.

May we all remember those brave men and women, who were going up helping all those others come down.

Upvote 0

plmarquette

Veteran
Oct 5, 2004
Auburn , IL.
✟4,379.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
Free Will.... the devil's children chose to exact revenge upon us, planned, prepared and executed an attack, like Pearl harbor , upon the USA

God does not run around with a big net and a gymnastic mat to catch us to protect us from any adversity....God is responsible for "His people"; not those who do not know him, not those who do not serve him....

The Holy Spirit probably spoke to those in the building ...take a vacation day...stay home...and people excused feeling or word as weariness or wishful thinking

The Holy Spirit probably spoke to those on the planes....take another flygt....don't go... He probably spoke to those who housed, trained, and employed those who would do this evil....some thing is wrong, call the police, call the FBI and no one followed up...

People ask where was God...he was there, start to finish, speaking to people all the way through...we, not He , dropped the ball ....

All that was given me, I give to you, church .....occupy till I return ...

Upvote 0

racer

Contributor
Aug 5, 2003
Oklahoma
✟24,729.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Early this morning, a dear, dear lady that I have worked with for over 13 yrs passed away after suffering for nearly a year with rampant cancer spread throughout her body. So, while we are all taking a moment to remember the victims of 9/11, please take a moment to pray for her family during this period of mourning. :pray:

Upvote 0

ticker

...at your service!
Jun 10, 2007
The Kingdom...kinda...
✟20,714.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think that he was there, to hold up those buildings, to help guide all those thousands of people out, to save those firefighters that were helping the woman who couldn't walk any further. She stopped for some reason in the section of stairwell B that survived the collapse and the fire fighters refused to leave her.

Another man was on the 22 floor and fell with the building. He woke up on top of a pile of debris 12 stories high with only a broken leg.

It is so tragic that close to 3000 died but a miracle that the number wasn't 20,000+.

May we all remember those brave men and women, who were going up helping all those others come down.
Wonderful post, Yarddog. :prayer:

Upvote 0

ticker

...at your service!
Jun 10, 2007
The Kingdom...kinda...
✟20,714.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Early this morning, a dear, dear lady that I have worked with for over 13 yrs passed away after suffering for nearly a year with rampant cancer spread throughout her body. So, while we are all taking a moment to remember the victims of 9/11, please take a moment to pray for her family during this period of mourning. :pray:
Prayers.

Upvote 0