LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It's helpful to look at it from the eyes of the persecuted Christians.

"Church leaders warned that more blood, martyrs and the end of the Church in Syria is the price Syria will pay if the U.S. decides to go ahead with plans to arm the rebel forces." - National Catholic Register (Jul 01, 2013)

"Is This the End of Christianity in the Middle East?" - NY Times (Jul 22, 2015)

See the following timeline of news events (each is a link):

Dec 30, 2012 - Syria rebels 'beheaded a Christian and fed him to the dogs'
Jul 01, 2013 - Catholic Leaders Decry U.S. Arms to Syrian Rebels
Jul 03, 2013 - Slain Syrian Priest, Killed by the 'Rebels'
Aug 24, 2013 - Christians massacred by ‘Free’ Syrian Army terrorists rebels
Aug 19, 2014 - Assad’s Forces Carrying Out Dozens Of Airstrikes Against ISIS In Syria
Sep 14, 2014 - ISIS Strikes Deal With 'Moderate' Syrian Rebels
Sep 18, 2014 - Obama signs bill to arm and train 'Syrian rebels'
Sep 29, 2014 - 3 Times Obama Administration Was Warned About ISIS Threat
Oct 21, 2014 - U.S. 'accidentally' delivered weapons to ISIS by airdrop
Dec 09, 2014 - ISIS beheaded four children for refusing to convert to Islam
Dec 18, 2014 - ISIS beheads 150 females, including pregnant women
Oct 02, 2015 - Syrian archbishop rips US support for Islamic rebels
Oct 07, 2015 - Syriac Catholic Church Patriarch decries US policy toward Syria
Feb 18, 2016 - Aleppo bishop says ‘moderate’ Syrian rebels are killing civilians
Aug 30, 2016 - 72 ISIS mass graves across Syria, Iraq holding up to 15,000 victims
Oct 06, 2016 - Syrian family describes amputation of young boy's arm by ISIS

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes, but we should consider the plight of all the people living in Syria, and remember it's not just ISIS and Assad. All innocent life is equally deserving if protection, and maybe neither ISIS (clearly ) or Assad is the lesser if two evils.

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Yes, but we should consider the plight of all the people living in Syria, and remember it's not just ISIS and Assad. All innocent life is equally deserving if protection, and maybe neither ISIS (clearly ) or Assad is the lesser if two evils.
More than Christians are being killed, but the Christians are the one group that is being especially targeted and wiped out of the Middle East. And I think you missed the point that the so-called "rebels" are basically the same as ISIS.

Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
More than Christians are being killed, but the Christians are the one group that is being especially targeted and wiped out of the Middle East. But I think you missed the point that the so-called "rebels" are basically the same as ISIS.
In fact, not only did I not miss your claim, it's the reason that I posted this article for discussion which I though helped make the point that the rebels and ISIS are not only not the same, but are opposed to one another.

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Your article is incorrect.
It's not my article, it's just one of many I found when searching for a better understanding of the conflict. The others I read made similar conclusions.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In fact, not only did I not miss your claim, it's the reason that I posted this article for discussion which I though helped make the point that the rebels and ISIS are not only not the same, but are opposed to one another.
Exactly 'moderate rebels' with ISIS and 'rebels' with the US and allies, etc. There is nothing simple about this.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LivingWordUnity

May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It's not my article, it's just one of many I found when searching for a better understanding of the conflict. The others I read made similar conclusions.
People should form their opinion about this by independently analyzing it. I offered a timeline of events, each with a linked article, to assist in this.

Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
People should form their opinion about this by independently analyzing it. I offered a timeline of events, each with a linked article, to assist in this.
Which of the articles you posted details the allegiance between ISIS and the rebels, or in any other way refutes the article I posted?

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Which of the articles you posted details the allegiance between ISIS and the rebels, or in any other way refutes the article I posted?
There's an article in the timeline that is about how the so-called "rebels" agreed to join forces with ISIS. Are you looking at this with a small iPhone screen?

Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Your article is incorrect. I recommend this one:

Obama's Syria Strategy No Match for Putin's
I read that, but they don't really refute the notion that there are at least three sides to this war, the fairly brutal Assad regime, the groups fighting with ISIS (also a very brutal group), and the rebel groups, who have also commuted atrocities but are in opposition to both the Syrian government and ISIS. I don't see where there is any support for the idea that the rebels and ISIS are one and the same, or even on the same side.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Has the deal, which was little more than a cease fire agreement, held until now? I can't find anything current to say that the informal cease fire is still in effect, but even if it is, is that enough evidence to say that the rebels are all really just ISIS?
I think it is more than enough evidence. It's the smoking gun.

Upvote 0