Who was the right to the land of Israel?

Aug 24, 2014
✟8,110.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The church pertains to Israel which is called to worship God in Spirit and in truth. It was unto them Jesus came, the chief corner stone of the temple of God, but he was rejected. Nevertheless some believed his word, and a remnant remains.

So now we have Israelites who have rejected the word of God, and we have Israelites who believed the promise and received the adoption of sons. My question is, which one of them is the true Israel? They both can't be the people of God.

Romans 9:6 For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel: Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called. That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

I think an Israelite is determined in relation to God and not the world or the flesh. Men have their own qualifications for an Israelite, but it is God who called them. Take God out the picture and Canaan's land is just another piece of real estate, no more blessed than the rest.

So how would God answer as to who is entitled to the land? And now that the government is on Jesus' shoulders, how would he answer? I think he would have us set our affections on things above, where Christ is.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Of course that's better than "church people" usually do! They are only people--a spiritual being encased in the weak flesh of a sinful world. But I haven't ever seen any scriptural support for the notion that a person's sin is wiped away when they become a Jew. Not that it would matter because, they would be dirtied up with sin within a very short period time afterwards.

But, if a person can convert and join the lineage of Abraham, the branches that were grafted on must also be in that lineage. There actually is scriptural support for that. So, the nation called "Israel" (as opposed to the state called Israel) is much larger than many believe.

Where does the Bible that say that anybody who converts to Judaism, regardless of their ancestry to the Hebrews, is a part of Abraham's lineage?

Upvote 0

psalms 91

Legend
Dec 27, 2004
✟127,276.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Where does the Bible that say that anybody who converts to Judaism, regardless of their ancestry to the Hebrews, is a part of Abraham's lineage?
Does it not say we are grafted in, into what? Israel of course. It also says that we are sons and daughters of God and where does that place us in relation to Abraham?

Upvote 0

BryanW92

Hey look, it's a squirrel!
May 11, 2012
NE Florida
✟15,351.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I don't know. That's why I was asking for clarification. But, we figured it out that we were talking about two different things.

But it does bring up the question: what about people who convert? Are they just spinning their wheels, trapping themselves in a religion that they really aren't part of?

Upvote 0