Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Obama won! Yes, it's all over with but the weeping and gnashing of teeth of the Republicans.:clap::p

If it is true, then it is all over.... for America. Our economy cannot take 4 more years of his spending, and YHWH will not accept his failure to support Israel.

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Obama won!
Praying for his success and protection of his family and that the Lord would work throughout his term as his saints glorify him. May the people like Joseph, Obadiah, Daniel, Esther, Ezra, Nehemiah and others who worked for rulers in government to promote righteousness - even when all things in the government were not righteous - truly rise up and life up our rulers/nation for the Messiah :)
Titus 3
3 Remind the people to be subject to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready to do whatever is good, 2 to slander no one, to be peaceable and considerate, and to show true humility toward all men.

3 At one time we too were foolish, disobedient, deceived and enslaved by all kinds of passions and pleasures. We lived in malice and envy, being hated and hating one another. 4 But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, 5 he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, 6 whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, 7 so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life. 8 This is a trustworthy saying. And I want you to stress these things, so that those who have trusted in God may be careful to devote themselves to doing what is good. These things are excellent and profitable for everyone.

1 Peter 2:8
Dear friends, I urge you, as aliens and strangers in the world, to abstain from sinful desires, which war against your soul. 12 Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us.
Submission to Rulers and Masters

13 Submit yourselves for the Lord’s sake to every authority instituted among men: whether to the king, as the supreme authority,14 or to governors, who are sent by him to punish those who do wrong and to commend those who do right. 15 For it is God’s will that by doing good you should silence the ignorant talk of foolish men. 16 Live as free men, but do not use your freedom as a cover-up for evil; live as servants of God. 17 Show proper respect to everyone: Love the brotherhood of believers, fear God, honor the king.

1 Timothy 2

Instructions on Worship

2 I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone— 2 for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. 3 This is good, and pleases God our Savior, 4 who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 5 For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, 6 who gave himself as a ransom for all men—the testimony given in its proper time. 7 And for this purpose I was appointed a herald and an apostle—I am telling the truth, I am not lying—and a teacher of the true faith to the Gentiles.

Upvote 0

xDenax

Jewish
Jul 20, 2009
United States
✟13,510.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Easy G (G²);61712761 said:
Wasn't aware that she was Reform...although curious as to where you found that out so I can verify/do my own research. Indeed, she's very gifted and I was greatly impressed.

I never found anything that said she was Reform. I assumed she wasn't religious.

Upvote 0
A

aniello

EasyG said:
Originally Posted by Easy G (G²)
Wasn't aware that she was Reform...although curious as to where you found that out so I can verify/do my own research. Indeed, she's very gifted and I was greatly impressed.
I never found anything that said she was Reform. I assumed she wasn't religious.

If you'll look at the Wikipedia link and the section about "early life etc." you will plainly read that she was raised Reform. Whether she is religious or not is up for conjecture. I don't know, nor do I care.

I had assumed y'all could read.:p

I don't care you don't like it.

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
EasyG said:
Originally Posted by Easy G (G²)
If you'll look at the Wikipedia link and the section about "early life etc." you will plainly read that she was raised Reform. Whether she is religious or not is up for conjecture. I don't know, nor do I care.

I had assumed y'all could read.:p

I don't care you don't like it.
Not really concerned with whether or not you think others like something....and as no one said anything about not liking the fact that she was Reform, one must wonder why anything concerning what others liked was even mentioned.

What was asked was for verification on where you found what you did on her currently being Reform...as growing up Reform and being Reform presently are two different things entirely :cool: It's why it was asked if there is any evidence of her being such in the present..as people do change their religious views and others simply grow up in denominations without being attached to them for life. I didn't look up Jill Stein on Wikipedia originally before you brought up the Reform thing...for as it is, it's not something I always tend to use as a primary source of information on others (especially on their political stances) - although I read it...and again, it says nothing on what her current religious beliefs are.

I had looked up her stances on social issues/morality, but wasn't looking up based on her religion alone...and had I done so, the Reform thing would have been easy to catch.

That said, I think it's rather interesting seeing that she is Reform Jewish and her family attended Chicago's North Shore Congregation Israel, a Reform synagogue...more noted in Going Green – Forward Thinking – Forward.com and the following:

Makes me respect her even more, seeing that she's Jewish in addition to supporting Green Collar jobs which can make a difference. I agree with others noting how awesome it is thatGreen Party Presidential candidate Jill Stein connects her Judaism to environmental politics and is concerned about building a sustainable future. Although she lost the election, I'm still thankful I chose to vote for her....and thankful she still has a political voice/is active in social interventions on significant issues :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
A

aniello

Easy G (G²);61716025 said:
Growing up Reform and being Reform currently are two different things entirely :cool: It's why it was asked if there is any evidence of her being such in the present..as people do change their religious views and others simply grow up in denominations without being attached to them for life.

Having been a Jew for over 77 years and still attending a Conservative as well as M.O. Shul(s) when possible I needn't you to inform me of the various flavors of Judaism. I do believe Yeshua is the Messiah.

You did not ask "if there is any evidence of her being such in the present".(underlined) I took a snip of your original post.

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Having been a Jew for over 77 years and still attending a Conservative as well as M.O. Shul(s) when possible I needn't you to inform me of the various flavors of Judaism. I do believe Yeshua is the Messiah..
Didn't inform you on different flavors of Judaism, as you and you alone were the one who originally brought up the point that she was Reform...and asking for verification isn't the same as informing. Apples and oranges..and thus, one needs to drop the attitude over nothing since it is making mountains out of molehills:cool: Other Jews have done the same thing when it comes to asking on things and they don't get the reactions you're bringing up over others asking you on things - and IMHO, if one is that sensitive to others asking them for verification and then tries to act as if others are doing something wrong in doing so, one wonders on the level which one is able to handle things in a stable manner.

Obvious is the case that Yeshua is the Messiah and that was never in question - unless, of course, one is arguing that cannidates being voted for can only be supported if they believe that Yeshua is the Messiah. That was never a concern for me when it came to voting for Jill Stein or any other presidential figure, as the focus was on electing someone with good policies.
You did not ask "if there is any evidence of her being such in the present".(underlined) I took a snip of your original post
Wrong, as I asked directly on how I could get verification.

Dr. Jill Ellen Stein, M.D. is no doubt a very gifted individual, ach, but she's Reform.:p I'd rather have a treif and Swiss on rye.

Nevertheless her creds are quite good:

Jill Stein - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Easy G (G²);61712761 said:
I don't tell kids I work with they're not asking me on something when they say "I wonder how you came to that conclusion" since conversational dynamics make it inherent in the statement that one is raising a concern of how one made their conclusions. It's the same when I noted to you that I was curious as to where you based your conclusions...and trying to deny that is playing games that aren't necessary. Bottom line is that you overreacted over something that didn't require such and missed where people were acknowledging what you said and asking for clarification on it. If you want to see otherwise, by all means...but it's not worth arguing over.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A

aniello

Why are you being so hateful? He simply stated he wasn't aware that she was Reform.

I had assumed the reader would have the integrity to read the link, her Jewishness is clearly stated in the first 2-3 lines of the "early life etc." section.

So, I don't care. Big deal. You on the other hand accuse me of being hateful. A Jewess attacking ad hominem an old Jew? How very nice. My wife and I are still paying members, in good standing, of both a Conservative Shul and an M.O. Shul, which we attend as regularly as possible, age and distance beginning to limit us somewhat. What you said was naughty. Tsk, tsk.

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Why are you being so hateful? He simply stated he wasn't aware that she was Reform.
I'd not say it's about being hateful as much as it is about being too prone to needlessly bicker over trivial points. It does appear to be taking things WAY beyond what was ever stated. But it is what it is...and at this point, it really doesn't matter anyhow. If someone doesn't like a cannidate, then they don't like them and that's the end of it.:cool: There are bigger things to trip over (and really, issues that really aren't petty) than focusing on where someone was expected to have read the "early life" section on Wikipedia (a secondary and not a primary source for the most part) and assuming they didn't have character in studying on their views...even though the original context was discussion on her policies alone. Assuming all who want to find out on an individual will read Wikipedia is no more sensible than thinking one can learn all there is about the central concepts on the American justice system by reading The Complete Idiot's Guide to U.S. Government and Politics ^_^

Not really productive to continue focusing on the matter and so I don't really intend to focus on it beyond what was already stated ( Proverbs 17:14, Proverbs 15:18, Proverbs 17:19, Proverbs 20:3, Proverbs 26:21 and Ecclesiastes 7:7-9 ). ..although as said before, I'm glad to know now that she is Jewish, Reform and for Green Collar jobs/sustainable development. We've already had presidents that were Deists and others who did not believe in Yeshua since the days of the Founding Fathers - and that didn't stop them from being good leaders...and thus, I don't look upon her not believing in Yeshua as being the sole factor in determining whether she would've been good in the White House. If nothing else, it'd would have brought a lot of awareness to the effectiveness of Jewish leadership and the many ways that can take place :)

Shalom....

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
A

aniello

Easy G (G²);61716219 said:
Didn't inform you on different flavors of Judaism, as you and you alone were the one who originally brought up the point that she was Reform...and asking for verification isn't the same as informing. Apples and oranges..and thus, one needs to drop the attitude over nothing since it is making mountains out of molehills:cool: Other Jews have done the same thing when it comes to asking on things and they don't get the reactions you're bringing up over others asking you on things - and IMHO, if one is that sensitive to others asking them for verification and then tries to act as if others are doing something wrong in doing so, one wonders on the level which one is able to handle things in a stable manner.

Obvious is the case that Yeshua is the Messiah and that was never in question - unless, of course, one is arguing that cannidates being voted for can only be supported if they believe that Yeshua is the Messiah. That was never a concern for me when it came to voting for Jill Stein or any other presidential figure, as the focus was on electing someone with good policies.
Wrong, as I asked directly on how I could get verification.
I don't tell kids I work with they're not asking me on something when they say "I wonder how you came to that conclusion" since conversational dynamics make it inherent in the statement that one is raising a concern of how one made their conclusions. It's the same when I noted to you that I was curious as to where you based your conclusions...and trying to deny that is playing games that aren't necessary. Bottom line is that you overreacted over something that didn't require such and missed where people were acknowledging what you said and asking for clarification on it. If you want to see otherwise, by all means...but it's not worth arguing over.

Easy G (G²);61716252 said:
I'd not say it's about being hateful as much as it is about being too prone to needlessly bicker over trivial points. It does appear to be taking things WAY beyond what was ever stated. But it is what it is...and at this point, it really doesn't matter anyhow. If someone doesn't like a cannidate, then they don't like them and that's the end of it.:cool: There are bigger things to trip over (and really, issues that really aren't petty) than focusing on where someone was expected to have read the "early life" section on Wikipedia (a secondary and not a primary source for the most part) and assuming they didn't have character in studying on their views...even though the original context was discussion on her policies alone. Assuming all who want to find out on an individual will read Wikipedia is no more sensible than thinking one can learn all there is about the central concepts on the American justice system by reading The Complete Idiot's Guide to U.S. Government and Politics ^_^

Not really productive to continue focusing on the matter and so I don't really intend to focus on it beyond what was already stated ( Proverbs 17:14, Proverbs 15:18, Proverbs 17:19, Proverbs 20:3, Proverbs 26:21 and Ecclesiastes 7:7-9 ). ..although as said before, I'm glad to know now that she is Jewish, Reform and for Green Collar jobs/sustainable development. We've already had presidents that were Deists and others who did not believe in Yeshua since the days of the Founding Fathers - and that didn't stop them from being good leaders...and thus, I don't look upon her not believing in Yeshua as being the sole factor in determining whether she would've been good in the White House. If nothing else, it'd would have brought a lot of awareness to the effectiveness of Jewish leadership and the many ways that can take place :)

Shalom....

Very slick with words, fast too.

But, not very convincing.

G' night.

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Very slick with words, fast too.

But, not very convincing.

G' night.

A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still, as the old saying goes ( Proverbs 14:6 )....and as said before, if you want to make mountains out of molehills because of issues you have with Jill Stein and inconsistent assumptions on your part, that's your choice and nothing anyone says will help you to see where the choice was a bad one. Nothing really "slick" in noting that, as it's a statement of fact or where you were misread scenarios and didn't deal with the issue as needed....and it doesn't take a lot of speed to notice that.

It is what it is. Shalom :)

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
This is the who to vote for thread.^_^
It may end up becoming the thread on complaining on who others voted for in 2012, as many are doing...

Upvote 0

GuardianShua

Feb 2, 2004
✟10,653.00
Faith
Easy G (G²);61716368 said:
It may end up becoming the thread on complaining on who others voted for in 2012, as many are doing...

It's not that I'm never for the underdog, but often they are too radical and don't stand a chance of winning an election. My personal views are very radical for this society; in a Godly way. I believe people should live according to scriptures. I will start a new thread about the kingdom of God on Earth.

Upvote 0