Visit site
✟36,460.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Liberals
To be honest, I don't even refer to it as "Black Gospel". To me, it's just "Gospel" plain and simple.

Whenever I hear someone asking or talking about Gospel Music, this is the kind of music that immediately comes to mind.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Pele

Jun 13, 2005
San Jose, Bay Area, Cali
Visit site
✟15,435.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Lashun Pace is AWESOME. Anointed voice from God. No joke and no sugar coating, you guys have got to have her in your collection. All her albums are awesome.

Some you have to beware of. Hezekiah Walker with KRS1? No Way...

There's a difference between hip hop and rap. for the record there is no such thing as 'holy hip hop' because there's nothing holy about it... let's keep it real please, God is real, so we're to always BE real and be honest. rap is an art form that you convey a message in a rhythmic/poetic verbal deliverance, hip hop is a culture... a deceiving culture.

Peep:

Hezekiah Walker

Lyrics from KRS-ONE's song featuring Hezekiah Walker and LFC

remember, you are not just doing hip-hop, you are hip-hop
{hwc} wake up to make up
{hwc} wake up to make up
twice a year, hip-hoppers come together
to celebrate the unity of hip-hop
we come together, during hip-hop appreciation week
{hwc} wake up to make up..
which is every third week in may
then, we come together in novemeber
to celebrate hip-hop history month
I will see you there - peace!

[krs-one]
instead of reading the word of Christ, be the word of Christ
instead of following god's word, be god's word
that's the conciousness of hip-hop
you are not just doing hip-hop, you are hip-hop
you are not just reading the word of god, you are the word of god

[krs] I will make it
[hwc] I will make it!
[krs] they can fake it
[hwc] (??)
[krs] time that I state it
[hwc] I can create it
[krs] I create it
[hwc] no one can make it
every time i'm speakin i'm seein myself leapin
over buildings, over the one on the corner chillin
straight into knowledge of self, countin up millions
changin my situation, with creative visualization
givin libation for this ancient information
----------------------------------------------------------------------
:confused: :confused: :groupray:
What is going on here? KRS-ONE believes that the bible is not all true. He believes that Hip Hop is God. He believes that the knowledge of self is the creation. Why is Hez on his album? Why is Hez defending Puff Daddy's video with Nas, saying that he doesn't have a problem with Nas on the cross. Did you have a problem with the lyrics to that song Hez? What is going on? Shout outs on Hez's album to Lil Kim and Puff? What's going on? And now, he is producing an album with P. Diddy and dragging in the rest of the Gospel community? Putting more dollars in Bad Boy so they can make more music to destroy our youth. Hmmm, what is God feeling about this? Let's see what the word says, cause contrary to what KRS-ONE believes, we are not God's word. Jesus is God's word. Read Eph 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them. Is this what God condones? I know Jesus sat and ate with sinners to witness to them. But did he ever confuse people by uniting with those that worship other gods?

Upvote 0

~Blackangel~513~

Jun 8, 2005
Cincinnati
✟343.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Engaged
Pele said:
Lashun Pace is AWESOME. Anointed voice from God. No joke and no sugar coating, you guys have got to have her in your collection. All her albums are awesome.

Some you have to beware of. Hezekiah Walker with KRS1? No Way...

There's a difference between hip hop and rap. for the record there is no such thing as 'holy hip hop' because there's nothing holy about it... let's keep it real please, God is real, so we're to always BE real and be honest. rap is an art form that you convey a message in a rhythmic/poetic verbal deliverance, hip hop is a culture... a deceiving culture.

Peep:

Hezekiah Walker

Lyrics from KRS-ONE's song featuring Hezekiah Walker and LFC

remember, you are not just doing hip-hop, you are hip-hop
{hwc} wake up to make up
{hwc} wake up to make up
twice a year, hip-hoppers come together
to celebrate the unity of hip-hop
we come together, during hip-hop appreciation week
which is every third week in may
then, we come together in novemeber
to celebrate hip-hop history month
I will see you there - peace!

[krs-one]
instead of reading the word of Christ, be the word of Christ
instead of following god's word, be god's word
that's the conciousness of hip-hop
you are not just doing hip-hop, you are hip-hop
you are not just reading the word of god, you are the word of god

[krs] I will make it
[hwc] I will make it!
[krs] they can fake it
[hwc] (??)
[krs] time that I state it
[hwc] I can create it
[krs] I create it
[hwc] no one can make it
every time i'm speakin i'm seein myself leapin
over buildings, over the one on the corner chillin
straight into knowledge of self, countin up millions
changin my situation, with creative visualization
givin libation for this ancient information
----------------------------------------------------------------------
:confused: :confused: :groupray:
What is going on here? KRS-ONE believes that the bible is not all true. He believes that Hip Hop is God. He believes that the knowledge of self is the creation. Why is Hez on his album? Why is Hez defending Puff Daddy's video with Nas, saying that he doesn't have a problem with Nas on the cross. Did you have a problem with the lyrics to that song Hez? What is going on? Shout outs on Hez's album to Lil Kim and Puff? What's going on? And now, he is producing an album with P. Diddy and dragging in the rest of the Gospel community? Putting more dollars in Bad Boy so they can make more music to destroy our youth. Hmmm, what is God feeling about this? Let's see what the word says, cause contrary to what KRS-ONE believes, we are not God's word. Jesus is God's word. Read Eph 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them. Is this what God condones? I know Jesus sat and ate with sinners to witness to them. But did he ever confuse people by uniting with those that worship other gods?

WOW!! I gotta look into this... :confused:

Upvote 0

Pele

Jun 13, 2005
San Jose, Bay Area, Cali
Visit site
✟15,435.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
~Blackangel~513~ said:
WOW!! I gotta look into this... :confused:

www*exministries*com

substitue the "*" with the period "." and go online and check their website. (obviously I don't have enough blessings/posts to put up hyperlinks.) Powerful website and I'm grateful to God for giving us the uncut truth and for revealing the evil works of the enemy... blinding our youths, blinding our people, blinding them to his works through this deceiving culture/music. Guard your ears people of God.

Pele

Upvote 0