1John2:4

Jun 8, 2016
New Braunfels, TX
✟32,608.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Who is the bride? Is it Israel and Judah, the new Jerusalem? The church?
I understand that God divorced Israel, did He die so she would be eligable to come back into covenant? I would love everyone's thoughts on this thanks.

Jeremiah 3:6 The Lord said also to me in the days of Josiah the king: “Have you seen what backsliding Israel has done? She has gone up on every high mountain and under every green tree, and there played the harlot. 7 And I said, after she had done all these things, ‘Return to Me.’ But she did not return. And her treacherous sister Judah saw it. 8 Then I saw that for all the causes for which backsliding Israel had committed adultery, I had put her away and given her a certificate of divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah did not fear, but went and played the harlot also.

Leviticus 14 A widow or a divorced woman or a defiled woman or a harlot—these he shall not marry; but he shall take a virgin of his own people as wife.

Dueteronomy 24 When a man takes a wife and marries her, if then she finds no favor in his eyes because he has found some indecency in her, and he writes her a certificate of divorce and puts it in her hand and sends her out of his house, and she departs out of his house, and if she goes and becomes another man's wife, and the latter man hates her and writes her a certificate of divorce and puts it in her hand and sends her out of his house, or if the latter man dies, who took her to be his wife, then her former husband, who sent her away, may not take her again to be his wife, after she has been defiled, for that is an abomination before the Lord. And you shall not bring sin upon the land that the Lord your God is giving you for an inheritance.

1John2:4

Jun 8, 2016
New Braunfels, TX
✟32,608.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Turn if you will to Rev.21:9-10. After you read this there will be no doubt in your mind.
And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

My question to you is this just the city, is it people, if it is people then who?

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
In OT Israel is said to be married to God. What makes Israel the wife, the keeping of the Torah. Failure to do so caused the divorce. God doesn't divorce so His bride is Torah which is a union that can not be broken. Yeshua told us that the greatest commandment is to love God with all your heart, mind, soul and strength.

Matthew 22:36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law (Torah)? Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment.

Why is loving God with all our heart, mind, soul and strength the greatest commandment? How do we love God with all our heart, mind, soul and strength? When you are initially in love with another person, your mind becomes consumed in thinking about them. You think about that special person from morning until evening. You dream of ways how you can show your love to them. Nothing is like the joy you experience spending time with that person. You have entered the courting stage of love.

By spending time with that person, you get to know them better and better. Meanwhile, your loving desire for each other grows and grows until finally you get married. After you are marrie
d, you continue to grow in love and understanding for each other. Once married, you experience together both the hard times as well as the joyous times of life. In time, you know each other so well that you know how that person will think or respond to any question you ask or any situation that arises before it even happens. At this point, you have reached a mature point in your relationship. A personal relationship with another person is a process of growing in love and understanding toward each other as well as developing a deeper and deeper intimacy.

Jewish thought has often stated that the Shabbat is the bride/wife's name. So the concept of God's mate not being human but the ideal is not new. I think it has more to do with what is inside the believers that makes them the bride. It is Torah keep in such a manner that it is clothed in righteousness.

When Yeshua returns at His second coming, He will return for a glorious congregation of believers.

Eph 5:26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word. That he might present it to himself a glorious church ...

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
One characteristic of the Bride of Yeshua is she will be a Bride of glory.

Revelation 21:9 Come, hither, I will show you the bride, the lamb's wife. And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain and showed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God, Having the glory of God ...

God's Glory shines forth from the TEN. She is a bride because she is the mind of Yeshua. They are united for all time. Whether we are part of the body or not, to find her, you find the bride is Torah.

Upvote 0

MWood

Jan 7, 2013
✟122,541.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

My question to you is this just the city, is it people, if it is people then who?
These scriptures answer your question, partially. As for the people, they are all of man kind that has received eternal life, from Adam until the old earth past away.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hoshiyya

Spenglerian
Mar 5, 2013
✟24,676.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
The Bride represents anyone in submission to the Husband.

Look, this has to be understood in the context of Daniel and the El/Baal theology.
El the creator God has placed angels in charge of the 70 nations.
Each nation is ruled over by an angelic spiritual master. Each nation is symbolically female, and the angel that rules over it is male.

Whichever person submits to the Baal (husband/master) of say Persia becomes reckoned to him as his bride, and thus reckoned as Persian.

Whichever person submits to the Baal of Israel becomes reckoned to him as his bride, and thus reckoned as Israelite.

Upvote 0