Aug 27, 2004
✟3,631.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I just pre-ordered it this Sunday. Man I am excited too.

okami.jpg

In Okami you play as the mythical Japanese sun 'god' Amaratsu in a wolf form. The world has become corrupted and grey and filled with evil monsters. Your job is to not only destroy the evil demons, but to add color and life back into the world. You actually use paintbrushes sometimes to manually paint leaves on trees, make bridges to cross, make constellations in the sky [for puzzles], and even for combat by making bombs. You also have super-powerful wolf abilities like digging, picking things up in your mouth, and other stuff. It has 40 hours of gameplay. The graphics are amazing. The whole world is like a 3-dimensional watercolor painting in Japanese style. The gameplay is fast and sharp. The music is supposed to be excellent. The voices are supposed to be a weird kind of gibberish language for some unique effect- so there will be subtitles to read.

Man I am siked!:clap:

C

Calm

I got my copy today! I will have a chance to play it later. If you have reserved a copy you get a somewhat stupid thing called a 'buddha board'. All it is, is a tablet and a paintbrush. You paint with water on the board and bright colors show up. After the image drys the whole image disappears. Its unique, I guess. I just wish it didn't have a stupid 'buddha' reference.

<^\_M

Upvote 0

holyorders

Miserable Pile of Secrets
Aug 27, 2004
✟3,631.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I got the game yesterday. Its an absolutely wonderful game. It delivered way past my expectations. The action is perfectly orchestrated and the story is very deep. It sort of is like an action RPG really.

The only downsides is that gibberish I was talking about before. Its OK after you listen to it for a couple of hours, but then it gets a tad annoying. Also, the game is somewhat easier than most games- but this game is primarily about having fun in destructable environments, collecting treasures, solving puzzles\secrets, doing mainquests/sidequests, and minigames (there is a neat little fishing one). It is very much like Zelda in many ways, but its uniqueness of drawing things yourself makes it one of a kind.

For parents:

There is a very small amount of sexual innuendo and a lot mythology from the Japanese Shinto religion (pantheism, demons, karma, ect). But like 97% of the game is very kid-friendly without being embarrassing. Its the kind of game that is good for a 7-13 year old instead of 5-6 because of the intense portrayed mythology that requires a strong amount of Christian discernment to tell the difference of our religion and theirs. But then again, most young kids wouldn't really understand and just think that it is a pretty game running around as a wolf.

It definitely is worth the 40 bucks. I would say it is the best PS2 game I have played so far.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sapphire Dragon

Truly Loved... as are you.
Sep 28, 2008
On a planet that needs healing.
Visit site
✟10,728.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Green
: O There is an Okami thread. Prepare to be spammed.

I'm an avid fan of Okami. I'm so glad it's been ported to the Wii, otherwise I would have never had a chance to play this masterpiece of a game. There are so many good things about this game that if I listed them all I know I'd miss one. Graphics, music, storyline, character development... the ultimate 5 star game. Yes Please.

Anyone here played Okamiden yet? I have, curious as to if others have too.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums