Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
If it's not Bernie I'm voting Green.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
Yeah I cannot decide whether to vote for Trump or Libertain. On the one hand, I do not like Trump, but on the other hand he is much more likely to win than ANY third party.

Upvote 0

stamperben

It's an old family tradition
Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Yeah I cannot decide whether to vote for Trump or Libertain. On the one hand, I do not like Trump, but on the other hand he is much more likely to win than ANY third party.
The same could be said about Hillary, but as much as I abhor Trump I can not overlook who she is and what she's done.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,491.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'll likely vote for Johnson. I will absolutely not vote for Hillary or Trump.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
He is the Liberarian correct?

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Why if he can pull up good numbers? What's that even mean? Good numbers come from support, either you support someone or not.
Meaning if he's polling well. If no one is going to support him, no sense in wasting my time when I have bigger, oranger fish to fry.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kersh

Jan 23, 2016
Michigan
✟24,645.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Meaning if he's polling well. If no one is going to support him, no sense in wasting my time when I have bigger, oranger fish to fry.
Honesty, if I thought there was a lesser evil among the major party candidates, I'd likely vote for that person. But, I cannot, in good conscience vote for Trump or Clinton. I'd consider Johnson's polling numbers only in regard to which third-party I support. Really, the LP most closely matches my views, but I think that there is value in supporting the most viable third party.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

stamperben

It's an old family tradition
Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
How's he ever gonna poll well unless you support him? That's the problem with ever trying to build any third party, everyone expects everyone else to do it! Sitting on a fence doesn't cut it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,491.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yes....

A vote for Johnson, or any other candidate besides Trump will bring Clinton one vote closer to the Presidency.
Maybe do maybe not, but at least people would be voting on their values. Sometimes that is more important than anything.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,206,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
How's he ever gonna poll well unless you support him? That's the problem with ever trying to build any third party, everyone expects everyone else to do it! Sitting on a fence doesn't cut it.

It's hard to build 3rd parties up in our current voting system due to the spoiler effect.

A vote for a 3rd party always brings the mainstream candidate you dislike the most, closer to victory.

For example, I'll use the Green Party since you mentioned them earlier.

The people who, ideologically, are in line with the Green Party, have way more in common with democrats than they do with republicans. However, voting for the green party actually favors republicans because the green party is going to take more votes away from the democrats. This is known as the spoiler effect.

For 3rd parties to grow, either everyone has to get on board and all vote for them at the same time, or we need to move toward an alternative vote system which reduces the spoiler effect.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kersh
Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,491.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I do...but it's not because of any particular dislike of current mainstream candidates. I've voted Libertarian for the last few election cycles.
Usually, I would vote Republican unless I really felt strongly about a particular dem, but I am not sure I can bring myself to actually vote for Trump. If not, I am voting Libertarian because I do not "believe" in choosing not to vote and then complaining about the actions of whomever is in office.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,670.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Maybe do maybe not, but at least people would be voting on their values. Sometimes that is more important than anything.

The post below kind of runs counter to the remark about voting values. My values tell me to not vote Trump regardless, and it appears that your values are a bit conflicted. However the comment below is intelligent and well thought out.

Upvote 0