✟10,239.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
how about you?

About the same and have planted some really good seeds that are still in progress. I go one of the hardest mission trips every year to one of the hardest mission fields int the country but it is worth it. =]

I wasn't trying to be mean to you at all you should do what you feel God is calling you to do. I was just curious about your lifestyle and that's why I asked I don't know any Baptist women who cover only Apostolic and Mennonite do that here.

Upvote 0

JuJube

Dec 27, 2006
Corpus Christi Texas
✟16,242.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Except God wouldn't call us to do something that is against scripture. He wouldn't call us to do something that is against our culture if it means making the gospel less effective. Culture and how we use it as Christians is extremely important that is how we save the lost.

When Paul was sending Timothy in to preach he knew that particular city did not except anyone who wasn't circumcised. Even though that law was no longer important because Jesus died on the cross Paul had him circumcised anyways. Because Paul knew that Timothy needed to be excepted into the culture in order to be taken seriously and have the gospel be effective.

Wearing a head covering on our society could be a huge turn off to none believers because it isn't a part of our cultural dress. You could be hurting witness opportunities all because of a miss interpretation of scripture. I am not trying to hurt you or be mean at all I am just trying to give hard truth to you.

I wasn't led to the Lord by any bells and whistles......it was the Word of God that led me to the truth and conversion. Jesus said that the WORDS that I speak to you, they are truth and life, not some cool service or whatever someone is wearing. Its the WORD of God that convicts and if you are putting faith in a certain way of doing things, music, or a pastor then you are putting your faith in the wrong thing.

Upvote 0

If Not For Grace

Legend-but then so's Keith Richards
Feb 4, 2005
Curtis Loew's House w/Kid Rock & Hank III
Visit site
✟46,998.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No actually I never implied that. You do not know enough of me to assuhat is what I believe of . We have never inferred that we felt this is something all women should do... We just defended our reason for "why" when we were attacked.

i have never said anything about what you beleive--
it's comments like saying its what the bible says do ..like its a commandment , but yeah it is intimated- you don't present it as I feel lead its "GOD SAID...-

we should do what God says, regardless of what others say. This is why I head cover. God says to. :)

So I guess there's no inference that Christians Should do what "God says" in this statement. The whole idea of aruging over whether or not to wear a do-rag to church seems silly to me to begin with. If the women at the chruches (Baptist) in my town started doing that I'm pretty confident they would have to explain themselves-I have not even seen a hat except on Easter Sunday by anyone under 60 i---n years -and its rare then. And even then there's a bunch that say they do it to Impress others or seek attention..so wear em..

I am not attacking either one of you ( & I can't see where others ATTACKED-they just have opinions same as YOU ) ( but I do think when you address "covering" you're addressing a doctrine or practice-which means people either adhear to it or don't. --which inferrs right/wrong) It ranks right up there with eating meat offered to idols , circumcison and other dogma for me-I simply suggest that IF somone is not up for a bunch of discussion that maybe they put the ? in the form of a poll.

We merely disagree about the interpertation of a passage and what it represents.No Harm No Foul and I hope no hard feelings. enjoy your covering:)

Upvote 0

Bella Vita

Sailor in the U.S.N
May 18, 2011
✟10,239.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I wasn't led to the Lord by any bells and whistles......it was the Word of God that led me to the truth and conversion. Jesus said that the WORDS that I speak to you, they are truth and life, not some cool service or whatever someone is wearing. Its the WORD of God that convicts and if you are putting faith in a certain way of doing things, music, or a pastor then you are putting your faith in the wrong thing.

What your talking about is after you became a believer. None believers very much think about those things what your talking about comes after salvation.

Upvote 0

MrJim

Legend 3/17/05
Mar 17, 2005
FEMA Region III
✟42,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
About the same and have planted some really good seeds that are still in progress. I go one of the hardest mission trips every year to one of the hardest mission fields int the country but it is worth it. =]

I wasn't trying to be mean to you at all you should do what you feel God is calling you to do. I was just curious about your lifestyle and that's why I asked I don't know any Baptist women who cover only Apostolic and Mennonite do that here.

I see women in Catholic and Orthodox traditions cover during services though certainly a minority in my area.

Upvote 0
Dec 8, 2011
✟9,658.00
Faith
Baptist
IF God leads you, Do as GOD Say,not as others say.

But that's the thing. Just because you FEEL led to do something doesn't mean it's from God. Why do you think people are led to other religions? Was that God leading my neighbor to worship Buddha? When I get mad or irritated, irrational thoughts get in my mind, "leading" me to punch people in the face. Is that from God?

That's the point, our feelings betray us. Others and their false doctrine and tradition mislead us. The Bible is the only clear picture.

Upvote 0

MrJim

Legend 3/17/05
Mar 17, 2005
FEMA Region III
✟42,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But that's the thing. Just because you FEEL led to do something doesn't mean it's from God. Why do you think people are led to other religions? Was that God leading my neighbor to worship Buddha? When I get mad or irritated, irrational thoughts get in my mind, "leading" me to punch people in the face. Is that from God?

That's the point, our feelings betray us. Others and their false doctrine and tradition mislead us. The Bible is the only clear picture.

You mean your interpretation of the bible is the only clear picture...

Upvote 0

RenJac

May 1, 2010
U.S.A
✟7,758.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
“Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.”
—Matthew 7:15

Remember everyone ,there are some who claim to be walking in the path of the Lord BUT will say,and do things to rip you down,and turn you AGAINST what GOD is telling you.
I prayed on it, I was LED to cover,and that is the end ! I know what My Heavenly Father has asked of me, and NO one will tell me other wise.
THEY DID NOT! hear what God has told me so there fore it does not matter what they say .
So not to stoop myself to there level in keeping this going, and turning it into something THEY clearly want it to be I will not reply any more to this question.
It was a simple question and they want it to be turned into a war.
Shame on them,and I pray for you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums