Visit site
✟87,683.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Just bumping this up again as the teaching thread has been closed.

Loving this topic as it is the very thing that we're focusing on at church at the moment. :thumbsup:

Just throwing this question out there - What I am missing is the "how"

How -when faced with this renewed understanding does one re-adjust one's understanding of faith to incorporate a spiritual faith?

I've basically had 47 years of a instinctive reaction towards a physical faith in terms of one's mindset. With going into adulthood being unsaved and then getting saved, I have developed some hard learned behaviour which I am struggling to change. I've just recently proven to myself that in spite of speaking and believing the Word of God, I fell short when fear gripped my heart over a circumstance offline. The "spiritual faith" that I thought had been cemented was actually still a "physical mindset" (abit like when Peter began to sink after having walked on water at the Word of Jesus).

Do we "unthink" and "rethink" through a physical act of daily immersing ourselves in God's Word (after having prayed to the Holy Spirit to help change us from within)? What else have you guys done in terms of reaching the point in your lives where you walk in a spiritual faith?

It's like I've absorbed the "theory" both here and offline at church, and I am at the stage of applying what I've learnt but I feel like I am missing that one/or more key thing(s).

Upvote 0

Optimax

Senior Veteran
May 7, 2006
New Mexico
✟41,659.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Just bumping this up again as the teaching thread has been closed.

Loving this topic as it is the very thing that we're focusing on at church at the moment. :thumbsup:

Just throwing this question out there - What I am missing is the "how"

How -when faced with this renewed understanding does one re-adjust one's understanding of faith to incorporate a spiritual faith?

I've basically had 47 years of a instinctive reaction towards a physical faith in terms of one's mindset. With going into adulthood being unsaved and then getting saved, I have developed some hard learned behaviour which I am struggling to change. I've just recently proven to myself that in spite of speaking and believing the Word of God, I fell short when fear gripped my heart over a circumstance offline. The "spiritual faith" that I thought had been cemented was actually still a "physical mindset" (abit like when Peter began to sink after having walked on water at the Word of Jesus).

Do we "unthink" and "rethink" through a physical act of daily immersing ourselves in God's Word (after having prayed to the Holy Spirit to help change us from within)? What else have you guys done in terms of reaching the point in your lives where you walk in a spiritual faith?

It's like I've absorbed the "theory" both here and offline at church, and I am at the stage of applying what I've learnt but I feel like I am missing that one/or more key thing(s).

You are not alone in this issue.

The key is this.

Before faith can produce in our lives what scripture promises us.

We must understand that scriptural faith involves believing, speaking and acting.

Believing is not mentally assenting that what the word said is true.

Scriptural believing is becoming fully persuaded that what what God promised He will do.

Abraham did that as recorded in Rom 4.

There is only one way to become fully persuaded.

Keep the word of God regarding the promise one is believing for in your eyes, in your mouth, in your ears.

Josiah 1:8 put it this way.

Meditate in the word day and night.

Start with that.

When ya have spent some time considering, thinking about, mulling over the above we can go a bit further.

Upvote 0

Lotuspetal_uk

Say 'CHEESE!!!!'
Jan 26, 2003
Good Ole' Blighty!
Visit site
✟87,683.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You are not alone in this issue.

The key is this.

Before faith can produce in our lives what scripture promises us.

We must understand that scriptural faith involves believing, speaking and acting.

Believing is not mentally assenting that what the word said is true.

Scriptural believing is becoming fully persuaded that what what God promised He will do.

Abraham did that as recorded in Rom 4.

There is only one way to become fully persuaded.

Keep the word of God regarding the promise one is believing for in your eyes, in your mouth, in your ears.

Josiah 1:8 put it this way.

Meditate in the word day and night.

Start with that.

When ya have spent some time considering, thinking about, mulling over the above we can go a bit further.
Thanks for this, brother :thumbsup:

I will try to get back online later as with some additional thoughts but it looks like I am on the same track since my last post.

Upvote 0