TheyCallMeDavid

May 13, 2013
Florida
✟4,108.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Is there non-Christian group/religion do you dislike more than any other?

What I am asking is is there a specific non-Christian group (Atheists, Pagans, Wiccans, Muslims, Hindus, etc.) that you dislike more than the others. If so why?

Please note: I will NOT reply to any messages or post anything beyond this post for this thread.

Thank you for your time.

Good bye.

I have A dislike for all of them because they are false religions, ideologies, constructs, etc... that lead a person away from Christ and how to get saved from ones own sins before they face God for judgement.

I believe THE religion that is most destructive to American Society is right in our own backyard and that is Secular Humanism which is what our culture is now thoroughly immersed in since Christianity for America became unfavorable and not wanted amongst the populace. In this CF Formal Debate I had, I outline just a few of the horrendous consequences to the religion of Humanism taking over America : http://www.christianforums.com/t7841230/ . If you scroll down to Post #7 and 8 , I expose the sociological fallout of Secular Humanisms influence on American Society.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,249.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I have A dislike for all of them because they are false religions, ideologies, constructs, etc... that lead a person away from Christ and how to get saved from ones own sins before they face God for judgement.
To clarify, is the dislike for the false belief systems themselves, or all of the people who are deceived by and follow these false belief systems?

Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟905,075.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private

I believe THE religion that is most destructive to American Society is right in our own backyard and that is Secular Humanism which is what our culture is now thoroughly immersed in since Christianity for America became unfavorable and not wanted amongst the populace. In this CF Formal Debate I had, I outline just a few of the horrendous consequences to the religion of Humanism taking over America : http://www.christianforums.com/t7841230/

Humanism isn't a religion. It's the antithesis of religion.

Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDavid

May 13, 2013
Florida
✟4,108.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
To clarify, is the dislike for the false belief systems themselves, or all of the people who are deceived by and follow these false belief systems?

My dislike is for the Systems ,especially, because they set themselves up against God , and I have a disdain toward some particular Groups of People who resort to a more militant approach to defaming the very Creator of the Universe in whos image they themselves were made .

Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDavid

May 13, 2013
Florida
✟4,108.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Humanism isn't a religion. It's the antithesis of religion.

Wrong. You better read the Formal Debate I listed because even the Humanist Manifestos call it a religion, the chosen Humanist of the Year called it a Religion, notable Humanists and Evolutionists call it a Religion, and the U.S. Government recognizes it as a religion. Its a religion of Anti-Creator making MAN (woman) the center of their own authority.

Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟905,075.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Wrong. You better read the Formal Debate I listed because even the Humanist Manifestos call it a religion, the chosen Humanist of the Year called it a Religion, notable Humanists and Evolutionists call it a Religion, and the U.S. Government recognizes it as a religion. Its a religion of Anti-Creator making MAN (woman) the center of their own authority.

I'll read it, but it's definitely not here.

Upvote 0

stevenfrancis

Disciple
Dec 28, 2012
United States
Visit site
✟40,142.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, there are no individual persons in any of those groups who I dislike without getting to know them etc. Fact is, I don't dislike very many people at all. Without having direct experience with an individual person, there is no basis to do so.

Theologically and philosophically, I dislike something taught or not taught by all of these groups. So I dislike the premises of all of their philosophy and theology or lack thereof to the extent that if varies from the truth revealed as Jesus Christ and His Church.

So, strictly from a philosophy/theology standpoint, it seems that the group espousing the most anti Christian ideals would be my least favorite "group", although I might enjoy any particular person from even the worst "group" as a friend.

With that in mind, I would suppose I find the least in common with Atheists and Satanists, and by the same token, I find Hindus and Buddhists to be on a philosophical path that is not so far removed from the Christian journey. In fact, I myself am a convert from Pure Land Buddhism (Jodo Shinshu), which was my only other solid religion. Prior to my Buddhism, I was all over the map with all kinds of, what I call, "New Age" movements and philosophies such as Urantia, Carlos Castaneda, Edgar Cayce, Jane Roberts, and even a little toe dip into Scientology.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ephraimanesti

Senior Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Seattle, WA
✟23,171.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Is there non-Christian group/religion do you dislike more than any other?

What I am asking is is there a specific non-Christian group (Atheists, Pagans, Wiccans, Muslims, Hindus, etc.) that you dislike more than the others. If so why?
MY FRIEND,

As Christians, we are not allow to dislike even our worst enemies. Our Lord commands us, "I SAY, LOVE YOUR ENEMIES! PRAY FOR THOSE WHO PERSECUTE YOU." (Matthew 5:44)

Note, in this regard, however, that LOVE is a DECISION, not a FEELING. Thus, it is, of course, possible to Love someone without liking them--which i am sure is how God relates to me sometimes.

JESUS' YOUNGER BROTHER,
ephraim

Upvote 0
Sep 4, 2011
✟10,276.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Generally, most Christians will like people within any group around the world. It is what a religion teaches that might be disagreed with.

For instance, a family member of mine took a course in Taoism (read on--I still like Taoists). The teachings are about living in harmony, which sounds wonderful. But as I heard some of the teachings, they reminded me of cult groups that promoted a selfless coexistence within a group, taking away people's decision-making rights. And I realized that communism sprung up in the same areas that Taoism was taught. (Even though historically, the Taoists did not welcome communism.)

They adhered to a good belief in being self-restrained, humble, yielding, passive... which made them vulnerable to an oppressive system that required them to be passive and yielding. So it is not the believers I might object to, but the possibility that religion might have been used to steer people into a more oppressive governmental system, or way of life.

I may be wrong about the historical patterns, so people can correct me if it doesn't steer the thread off course.

The Bible speaks of neighboring religions where babies were sacrificed to stone idols (look up Molech). It points out the horrible injustice of this practice... not that the Hebrews hated their neighbors, but that they tried to keep human sacrifice from being practiced in their land.

Child sacrifice - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia -- it appears to have gone on in many locations.

There are some things that shouldn't be encouraged, with or without religion.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ephraimanesti

Senior Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Seattle, WA
✟23,171.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
MY FRIENDS,

The best explanation regarding how Christians should overcome dislike of others was written by Agnes Sanford in THE HEALING LIGHT:

"As Jesus' followers, we are instructed to base ALL our relationships with others -- friends and foes alike -- on God Law of Love. The method is so simple that any child can learn it. IT IS MERELY TO CONNECT IN SPIRIT WITH THE LOVE OF GOD, SEND THAT LOVE TO THE OTHER PERSON, AND SEE HIM RE-CREATED IN GOODNESS AND JOY AND PEACE.

"The method is as simple as silently reminding our minds and our hearts of the truth that 'GOD MADE BOTH OF US, AND IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST I BELIEVE THAT THERE IS NOTHING BUT LOVING-KINDNESS BETWEEN US.' This projects into the other person's mind and heart the love of God by our seeing them as a child of God and asking God to bless them accordingly."

TRY IT--YOU'LL BE AMAZED AS I WAS.

IN LOVE,
ephraim

Upvote 0