Who are your favourite singers and bands?

BlessedMommy05

Is Thanking God for opening doors!
Dec 27, 2006
Texas
✟14,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I like Third Day, Mercy Me, Sonicflood, are a couple, singers would be Chris Tomlin, Don Moen, Steve Green, Steven Curtis Chapman and few more are good to listen to depends on how you want or what style you're looking for.

Upvote 0

Winter_Rose

Feb 7, 2016
United Kingdom
✟21,473.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I like Third Day, Mercy Me, Sonicflood, are a couple, singers would be Chris Tomlin, Don Moen, Steve Green, Steven Curtis Chapman and few more are good to listen to depends on how you want or what style you're looking for.

Cool. I like Queen, Nirvana, Oasis, R.E.M., Paloma Faith, Pink, FooFighters, Matt Redman, Terry MacAlmon and Kari Jobe.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WretchedGoat

Feb 24, 2016
USA
✟1,386.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Some Christian hard rock, such as Battle Lines by Disciple, is powerful stuff with powerful lyrics.

I've never listened to any of it. Apart from hymnals sung in church, I am totally ignorant about Christian music. I've never heard it or gone looking for it. If it's something other than a traditional rendition of Amazing Grace or The Old Rugged Cross, all I can do is stare blankly and blink my eyes.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I've never listened to any of it. Apart from hymnals sung in church, I am totally ignorant about Christian music. I've never heard it or gone looking for it. If it's something other than a traditional rendition of Amazing Grace or The Old Rugged Cross, all I can do is stare blankly and blink my eyes.
Fine! :)

I do like Amazing Grace. Its words are very searching.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Carpenters. Please go to carpenters thread in the secular forum to hear more. Karen was a methodist raised but I put them in the secular forum because their songs were popular and not all of them were christian ie. Gospels and hymns or songs about Jesus. But they did do christmas songs.

The seekers. --lead singer Judith durham

Mamas and the papas. - mama cass elliot
The four seasons.- franki valli

All these are oldies but goodies.
Eva Cassidy is also amazing, check out over the rainbow.

Upvote 0

SloriB

Pet lover and empathetic intellectual
Feb 18, 2016
Adelaide
Visit site
✟15,370.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Hello. I grew up with mostly secular music, but there is an Australian-based Christian band I love called The BordererS. They are Christian/celtic/folk/world/country and many other combinations. They've been touring the world for years as an independent band (by choice). They might not be something you've heard of, but they always know how to have a laugh, share the joy of music, while also dealing with real issues. Because they're obscure, I'm going to post a few songs here. Feel free to have a look. I highly recommend both songs. These are live versions, so guaranteed no autotunes :)

I met them once when I was 14, which was just an amazing experience because they came to my school to do a presentation about song-writing. From there, I got to see how talented and beautiful their messages are. So wanted to share because they always make me feel awesome with their music. Music that can be enjoyed by secular and Christian audiences.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BookofMatt

Jesus is Lord
Nov 7, 2012
California
✟37,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My interests are mainly within progressive rock (e.g. Yes, Genesis, Marillion, Porcupine Tree, IQ, Anathema, etc.), punk rock (e.g. Buzzcocks, Dickies, Dead Kennedys, Bad Religion, Propagandhi, NOFX, etc.) and ska (e.g. The Slackers, The Specials, The Toasters, Skankin' Pickle, Mustard Plug, etc.).

And, naturally, I'm also into most Christian forms of progressive rock (e.g. Neal Morse, Iona, Glass Hammer), punk rock (e.g. MxPx, Slick Shoes, Value Pac, Crashdog) and ska (e.g. Five Iron Frenzy, OC Supertones).

Upvote 0

Hoghead1

Oct 27, 2015
✟8,968.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I like all forms of music, but am especially interested in classical music. I am not a professional musician, but I have had one heck of an education in French horn and symphony conducting, for which I am very grateful. I like what I call the heavy-duty classics, such as Mahler's Second or "Resurrection Symphony , Verdi's "Requiem," "Carmina Bruana," etc. I find it relaxing to go on to Youtube, look up a classical selection, and air conduct right along. Well, some people like to play air guitar. I like to air conduct. After all, conductors have no instruments to practice on.

Upvote 0

nonamer21

Mar 27, 2016
Philadelphia
✟7,643.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
These are interesting suggestions. I already have a few open on new tabs.

I listen to a lot of pop, instrumental jazz, female jazz vocalists, Japanese music (jrock, shibuya kei, vocaloids), and certain kinds of electronica/techno especially if it has world beats (Tabla Beat Science, deadmau5, Mirror Maru). Classical, I have a piano background, my favorite composer is Chopin.

Upvote 0