Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
... Embracing unity or embracing diversity?
It depends heavily on the situation

... Collectivism or individualism?
Again Context is key

... Verifiable, absolute truth that can never change or falsifiable,
We have this it is simply call truth.

tentative truth that may change as experience grows?
these tid bits are known as 'facts.' They are true for a time and then discarded when something 'truthier' is found.

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟803,026.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Unity is what Christ prayed for.
The individual is held accountable no matter what the group does.

... Verifiable, absolute truth that can never change or falsifiable, tentative truth that may change as experience grows?
I want the truth and the truth does not change.

Upvote 0

DCJazz

Doctor Coffee
Dec 15, 2010
Idaho, USA
✟8,425.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
... Verifiable, absolute truth that can never change or falsifiable, tentative truth that may change as experience grows?

Unity in Christ, but diversity in the world.
Collectivism under God, but individualism in the world.
As for the last one, the Truth, the Life, and the Way.

Upvote 0

food4thought

Loving truth
Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2002
Watervliet, MI
✟383,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Unity in essentials, diversity in everything else. We are all unique persons with different temperaments, talents, and gifts; but we all pass through the same narrow gate for salvation, and God's desire is that all be transformed in some sense into the image of Christ Jesus. Every church is a collection of individuals collected together by their unifying faith in Jesus. I suggest you read 1st Corinthians chapters 12-13... we are individuals/diverse in how God has gifted us (many people, many talents, personalities, and gifts), but we are collective/unified in purpose (to glorify God and edify each other in love). Which one to emphasize depends on which direction we are leaning to far towards.

I see these things as a balance where each is valued. Ultimately, I think being unified and collective is more important, but diversity and individualism is valued and necessary.

The absolute truth that never changes is the foundation we build our lives on and the basis of our eternal salvation, and I believe it is infinitely more important to know and understand than the changing circumstances and experiences of my life. Still, we live in flux so changing truths are usually more immediate. The key, I believe, is to have our foundation sure so we can relate to our ever changing circumstances and experience with eternal and unchanging principals.

Mostly, I think this is also a balance. To ignore absolute truth leads to being lost in a sea of changing flux with no direction and no destination... ending in death. To ignore our changing experience and circumstances leads to running into and over all kinds of obstacles and barriers and doing more damage than good to ourselves and our environment, ending in death. Both a certainty of destination and diligent observation of our environment to reach it are necessary. The reason absolute truth is more important overall is that the destination is of eternal importance... the odds of reaching the right destination by wandering aimlessly are slim to none, and there is only one good destination in eternity. Strangely, the Bible teaches that simply by knowing the destination and determining in your heart to let God take you there ensures that you will be taken to the destination no matter how far you get on the voyage before death... the key is to let God determine the course and stick to it. The reason you see so much damage being done by Christians is because we keep trying to set our own course instead of trusting God's direction (or in many cases not even knowing we were supposed to turn because we aren't listening to Him for course corrections :doh:).

Hope this helps;
Mike

Upvote 0
B

blackjellybean

Neither in and of themselves.

They should be governed by a greater principle: love for God and neighbour as yourself.

They should be governed by a greater principle: love for God and neighbour as yourself.

Upvote 0