May 24, 2011
✟1,499.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Nobody's ever told me, so I thought I'd ask. One would think the experiment which proved all the stories from around the world to be untrue might've received a little notice. Anyhow, I'd like to know the logic involved, the dates, and the individuals who performed this should-be-famous experiment.

Tomatoman

Feb 3, 2010
✟1,829.00
Faith
Anglican
Nobody's ever told me, so I thought I'd ask. One would think the experiment which proved all the stories from around the world to be untrue might've received a little notice. Anyhow, I'd like to know the logic involved, the dates, and the individuals who performed this should-be-famous experiment.

I believe it is the lack of evidence of a global flood in the geological records that puts a spanner in the works.

Upvote 0
Jul 1, 2009
Sydney
✟16,052.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Liberals
You know what's awesome CTD? That when the story of the flood was made known, it speaks about the springs of the earth opening up and flooding the world, now many were claiming for a long time that there is not enough water on earth to flood the entire planet, until recent discoveries such as this -

Huge 'Ocean' Discovered Inside Earth | LiveScience

Upvote 0

CTD

May 24, 2011
✟1,499.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I don't remember any mention of an experiment, but I do know that there is no evidence for such an event.

I'm not interested in claims to know all there is to know about evidence; I'm interested in finding out about the experiment. If knowledge can only be obtained via experiment, surely someone had to have done one. Why not wait and see what your comrades come up with?

Upvote 0

CTD

May 24, 2011
✟1,499.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You know what's awesome CTD? That when the story of the flood was made known, it speaks about the springs of the earth opening up and flooding the world, now many were claiming for a long time that there is not enough water on earth to flood the entire planet, until recent discoveries such as this -

Huge 'Ocean' Discovered Inside Earth | LiveScience

Thank you! It seems there is some evidence consistent with the written history after all. Still, I'm sure the experiment we'll soon be learning about must've been conclusive.

Upvote 0
N

Nabobalis

I'm not interested in claims to know all there is to know about evidence; I'm interested in finding out about the experiment. If knowledge can only be obtained via experiment, surely someone had to have done one. Why not wait and see what your comrades come up with?

There is no experiment that I know of and google has not come up with any links about one.

Knowledge can be obtained via experiments but it is not the only way, observations of the world is another.

If someone says its possible to fly to the moon on the back of tiger, you don't need to do an experiment to know its impossible.

Upvote 0

CTD

May 24, 2011
✟1,499.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
There is no experiment that I know of and google has not come up with any links about one.

Knowledge can be obtained via experiments but it is not the only way, observations of the world is another.

Would you have me believe you've personally observed the entire world? That you'd know flood evidence if it bit you? Please!

Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟341,459.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No one, or at least no one with a functioning brain, claims that knowledge can only be obtained via experiment. Try a different line of trolling: this one just makes you look silly.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Delphiki

May 7, 2010
Ohio
✟5,675.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Would you have me believe you've personally observed the entire world? That you'd know flood evidence if it bit you? Please!

Actually there is evidence for a flood around the time that the great flood was to have happened. The problem is, the evidence isn't world-wide, but only in the area by the Black Sea. Some beleive this flooding could be what inspired all the flood stories which have, in turn, inspired the story of Noah and his ark. (Because, I hope you realize that the ark story is actually a re-telling of more than one older and similar stories).

Black Sea deluge theory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If the same evidence for a flood that exists 50 feet below the Black Sea floor actually existed world wide, then we'd have the evidence for a global flood -- but guess what...

Upvote 0

CTD

May 24, 2011
✟1,499.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
No, but the geologists that have done that over the past 200 years have come up empty handed.

So only those who can't find the evidence count as ''geologists''? What a remarkable coincidence! And just how do you know about this? Have you interviewed all the ones who can't find evidence?

Upvote 0

CTD

May 24, 2011
✟1,499.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Actually there is evidence for a flood around the time that the great flood was to have happened. The problem is, the evidence isn't world-wide, but only in the area by the Black Sea.
So, the ''no evidence'' turns out to be untrue already! But THIS claim of ''no evidence'' is sure to hold up? Nevermind the evidence of vast amounts of underground water, huh?
Some beleive this flooding could be what inspired all the flood stories which have, in turn, inspired the story of Noah and his ark. (Because, I hope you realize that the ark story is actually a re-telling of more than one older and similar stories).

Black Sea deluge theory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If the same evidence for a flood that exists 50 feet below the Black Sea floor actually existed world wide, then we'd have the evidence for a global flood -- but guess what...

I hope you realize I don't simply take the word of atheists at wiki. Now before the denial-of-evidence mantras get out of hand, why not wait and see if just maybe someone did an experiment? Wouldn't you feel silly if it turns out one has been done?

Upvote 0

CTD

May 24, 2011
✟1,499.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
No one, or at least no one with a functioning brain, claims that knowledge can only be obtained via experiment.

Oh now that is harsh, very harsh on the lamestreamers. ...And yet another opinion registered doubting the experiment's been done!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
N

Nabobalis

So, the ''no evidence'' turns out to be untrue already! But THIS claim of ''no evidence'' is sure to hold up? Nevermind the evidence of vast amounts of underground water, huh?

How much water would it take? The total volume of water on Earth is about 1.4 billion cubic kilometers
earthwater.gif
Volume of a sphere = 4/3 pi r3 where r=radius
Radius of Earth = 6,378.15 Kilometers
Height of Mt. Everest = 8.85 Kilometers
The volume of water needed to cover Earth to the height of Mt. Everest is approximately the difference in volume of a sphere needed to encompass Mt. Everest and the volume of a sphere the size of the Earth.
Volume of a sphere encompassing the Earth at sea level
= 4/3 pi (6,378.15 KM)3 = 1,086,825,918,019 KM3
Volume of a sphere encompassing Mt. Everest
= 4/3 pi (6,378.15 + 8.85 KM)3 = 1,091,388,460,971 KM3
The Difference = 4,530,488,766 KM3
Notice that this is more than 3 TIMES the amount of water presently on Earth.

So you will need more water than has been found so far.

Upvote 0

CTD

May 24, 2011
✟1,499.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
So only those who can't find the evidence count as ''geologists''? What a remarkable coincidence! And just how do you know about this? Have you interviewed all the ones who can't find evidence?
Well where is your evidence?

Evidence of what? I asked questions - I didn't make a claim. Where are your answers? Where is your experiment? How is one to conclude you understand English?

Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟341,459.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sheesh. Geologists (i.e. people devoted to studying the earth) did go looking for evidence for the flood, for a good hundred years or more. Many of them were devout Christians, they very much expected to find the evidence, and they were surprised and confused when they didn't. Some thought they had found some evidence, but on further investigation it always turned out to be the result of some other process instead. All of this really happened, as reading almost anything on the subject will tell you, and your sarcastic and frankly ridiculous questions aren't going to change the facts. Deal with reality. If you want to overthrow all of geology(*), go for it, but don't try to pretend that geology hasn't concluded that a worldwide flood like that described in Genesis never occurred.

(*) Good luck, and get back to us when you're done.

Upvote 0
N

Nabobalis

Evidence of what? I asked questions - I didn't make a claim. Where are your answers? Where is your experiment? How is one to conclude you understand English?

We have no evidence of any global flood, there has been no experiment done to "test" Noahs flood since the scale of such a thing would be impossible, knowledge can come from things other than experiments. End of.

Good to know you like to attack me personally! Nice! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

CTD

May 24, 2011
✟1,499.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
So you will need more water than has been found so far.
Found where? Why does your source omit underground water? Why does your source assume ocean depths and mountain heights have not changed? Were they not trying to be thorough or something? Is there merit in superficiality, in playing stupid? Let me guess: there is if leads to the desired conclusion, right?

Upvote 0