Which day of the Week is the Bible Sabbath?

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally Posted by BobRyan
A lot of people here think Paul was a Christian.. (And obviously - I happen to be in that group)
At what point did He become a Christian?

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

toLiJC

Jun 18, 2012
✟35,877.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
the "sabbath" in the Bible is the daily sanctification which consists the (daily) expression of pure love to all humans before Lord God

John 5:16-17 "the Jews persecute Jesus, and sought to slay him, because he had done these things on the sabbath day. But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto(viz. every day), and I work(ie and for that reason I also work every day)."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
if he can find em....they taaaint even in a museum.:D
smiley_laughing.gif

bugkiller

Upvote 0

Lysimachus

Vindicating our Historic Biblical Foundations
Dec 21, 2010
✟9,605.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
i just want a simple question answered..:doh:

why do you keep the jewish food restrictions, the sabby, but somehow allow yourself to break festival commandments?:D

show me where it says we pick-n-choose, internal from external?

internal circumcision, external sabby, external diet, but no external keeping of the jewish feasts?:D

Froggy, do you not remember any of our OLLD conversations?

I have posted COUNTLESS posts on this! In the diet related threads. I broke down meticulously the categories of different laws, and where they fell, and how to determine which apply and which no longer apply. I honestly do not have the energy to repeat myself. I would have to dig up through all that old work I did. I showed you categorically how the dietary laws of Leviticus were not tied to any of the shadowy ceremonial laws. They were health laws for the preservation of the children of Israel. They did not point forward to Christ.

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican

I have posted COUNTLESS posts on this! In the diet related threads. I broke down meticulously the categories of different laws, and where they fell, and how to determine which apply and which no longer apply. I honestly do not have the energy to repeat myself. I would have to dig up through all that old work I did. I showed you categorically how the dietary laws of Leviticus were not tied to any of the shadowy ceremonial laws. They were health laws for the preservation of the children of Israel. They did not point forward to Christ.

oh, i see, some apply, some don't, some internal, some external..wow..

just tell me why you don't keep the festivals as the jews do? They were commands!

after all, our buddy 3 angels messages keep using the jews as an example on the other thread..:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom

So that is how you keep the sabbath.

bugkiller

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟910,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
somehow allow yourself to break festival commandments?:D

show me where it says we pick-n-choose, internal from external?

i:D

External Lord's Supper.

Seventh-day Sabbath.

External Baptism by immersion.

External joining a local congregation.

External marriage vows.

External - (as in "real life" ) honoring your parents - not worshiping idols etc.

As for feast days - they are obviously based in animal sacrifice when they were sanctified - defined - created - unlike the seventh day Sabbath of Genesis 2:1-3 "made for MANKIND" and that is to be kept even in heaven - and the new Earth "From Sabbath to Sabbath shall all mankind come before Me to worship" Isaiah 66.

You seem to be using an "any ol' excuse will do" model.

Why keep doing that?

in Christ,

Bob

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
External Lord's Supper.

Seventh-day Sabbath.

External marriage vows.

External - (as in "real life" ) honoring your parents - not worshiping idols etc.

As for feast days - they are obviously based in animal sacrifice when they were sanctified - defined - created - unlike the seventh day Sabbath of Genesis 2:1-3 "made for MANKIND" and that is to be kept even in heaven - and the new Earth "From Sabbath to Sabbath shall all mankind come before Me to worship" Isaiah 66.

Why keep doing that?

in Christ,

Bob
Why do you continue to take Sctipture out of context?

bugkiller

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
External Lord's Supper.

Seventh-day Sabbath.

External marriage vows.

Why keep doing that?

in Christ,

Bob

pick-n-choose..when some folks don't want to do it, they say it is internal, like literal 8th day circumcision, and feasts become internalized, so they don't actually have do it, but the stuff they like like food laws and sabbath, that they say they do externally.

but really dont..here, externalize this...bahahahahah>>> Numbers 15:35 And the Lord said to Moses, “The man shall be put to death; all the congregation shall stone him with stones outside the camp.”

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
External Lord's Supper.

Seventh-day Sabbath.

External marriage vows.

Why keep doing that?

in Christ,

Bob

didjaaa ever post 1..1..verse from Paul, using Abraham to support your endless posting, and hoping in gen 26:5? U can't, because it all shows he used abe to get that stuff outta theeee church!:clap:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lysimachus

Vindicating our Historic Biblical Foundations
Dec 21, 2010
✟9,605.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
oh, i see, some apply, some don't, some internal, some external..wow..

just tell me why you don't keep the festivals as the jews do? They were commands!

after all, our buddy 3 angels messages keep using the jews as an example on the other thread..:thumbsup:

You determine which don't apply based on which were "ordinance shadows"--all that pointed forward to Christ as shadows were abolished.

All that applied to Israel Civil Law were abolished when the kingdom of God was taken from Israel, and now Jesus sits as King. He will execute punishment. Vengeance is His.

All health laws still apply, and all the laws related to Hygiene carry over their principles of cleanliness today.

It's really not that hard to determine which laws apply and which don't. Paul was very clear which don't apply...all those that are "shadow", and one "contained in ordinances".

Circumcision
Festivals
Holy Days
Animal Sacrifices
Offerings
Priesthood
Sanctuary Services

...all these were tied to "shadows". All these were abolished--in their earthly sense.

The health laws were a separate category (not tied to any shadowy services), and intimately tied to the Moral Law-- "thou shalt not kill"--meaning.... these animals are not good for you. To willfully consume them is to destroy your own temple and harm your body.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟910,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
When Complaints are raised that we should not honor God's 4th commandment so that someone might see it happening in real life (external vs internal) The answer was given -

External Lord's Supper.

Seventh-day Sabbath.

External marriage vows.

Why keep doing that?
In the any-ol-excuse will do model for attacking God's 4th commandment one key element that is never lacking is the idea of always "hopping about to different subject whenever one line of argument fails" -- as in the following example in response to the "Sabbath is kept in real life" topic above.

didjaaa ever post 1..1..verse from Paul, using Abraham to support your endless posting, and hoping in gen 26:5? U can't, because it all shows he used abe to get that stuff outta theeee church!:clap:

Paul said the Gospel was preached to Abraham Gal 3:7-8

Paul said "what matters is keeping the Commandments of God" 1Cor 7:19

Paul said that "where there is no law neither is there sin" Romans 4.

God said in Gen 26"5 that "Abraham kept my Laws, my Commandments and My Statutes".

Of course that is just "God" speaking - so may not have the authority behind it that you are looking for.

Let us know.

And of course John said that the 3rd Angel of Rev 14 tells us that the NT saints are those "Who keep the Commandments of God and their faith in Jesus" Rev 14:12.

in Christ,

Bob

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I never do.

And that is the good news.

The problem for those who reject God's Sabbath is that they must ignore so much of scripture -- as D.L. Moody points out.

in Christ,

Bob
So let us see your famed quote from DL Moody.

On the sabbath thing bout all I can say is you reject the prophets and the historical aspects of the NT.

bugkiller

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
You determine which don't apply based on which were "ordinance shadows"--all that pointed forward to Christ as shadows were abolished.

All that applied to Israel Civil Law were abolished when the kingdom of God was taken from Israel, and now Jesus sits as King. He will execute punishment. Vengeance is His.

All health laws still apply, and all the laws related to Hygiene carry over their principles of cleanliness today.

It's really not that hard to determine which laws apply and which don't. Paul was very clear which don't apply...all those that are "shadow", and one "contained in ordinances".

Circumcision
Festivals
Holy Days
Animal Sacrifices
Offerings
Priesthood
Sanctuary Services

...all these were tied to "shadows". All these were abolished--in their earthly sense.

The health laws were a separate category (not tied to any shadowy services), and intimately tied to the Moral Law-- "thou shalt not kill"--meaning.... these animals are not good for you. To willfully consume them is to destroy your own temple and harm your body.
If you are married do you sleep in the same bed as your wife during her monthly? Does she perform the ritual cleansing bath required at the end of it?

bugkiller

Upvote 0