RobFranco

May 4, 2014
Las Vegas
✟486.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
All of us have faith in God, all of us are believers in God. But where's our walk with Christ? This whole Faith vs Works concept is petty, we need both. We need the faith we have for God but we also need to follow the teachings and commandments of Christ. If we don't, why call ourselves Christians!?? To be a Christian is to be a follower of Christ, how? By WALKING the path he did. He showed us the Way, how many of us actually walk it? The worst part is that they're Christians who defend the Faith/Grace over following the commandments of Christ to the death. Leaving everything Jesus did for us behind. Just believe and you're saved ! Is that really the Christian motto? But remember, Jesus didn't say things like, "worship me and you're saved !", instead he said things like, "why do you call me 'Lord Lord' and do not do the things I say?"
Let us be imitators of God, following the EXAMPLE of Christ. (Ephesians 5) WALKING the footsteps of Christ. Don't be lazy, believing in a salvation that fills us with contempt. Follow Christ, walk with him to everlasting life.

"Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt." - Daniel 12:2

Last edited:

BryanW92

Hey look, it's a squirrel!
May 11, 2012
NE Florida
✟15,351.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
All of us have faith in God, all of us are believers in God. But where's our walk with Christ? This whole Faith vs Works concept is petty, we need both. We need the faith we have for God but we also need to follow the teachings and commandments of Christ. If we don't, why call ourselves Christians!?? To be a Christian is to be a follower of Christ, how? By WALKING the path he did. He showed us the Way, how many of us actually walk it? The worst part is that they're Christians who defend the Faith/Grace over following the commandments of Christ to the death. Leaving everything Jesus did for us behind. Just believe and you're saved ! Is that really the Christian motto? But remember, Jesus didn't say things like, "worship me and you're saved !", instead he said things like, "why do you call me 'Lord Lord' and do not do the things I say?"
Let us be imitators of God, following the EXAMPLE of Christ. (Ephesians 5) WALKING the footsteps of Christ. Don't be lazy, believing in a salvation that fills us with contempt. Follow Christ, walk with him to everlasting life.

"Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt." - Daniel 12:2

I'm serving on team for a Via de Cristo weekend in 7 days. The team has been working to prepare for this for the past 3 months. We'll be taking our 26 pilgrims through the most intense encounter with Christ that most modern, westernized Christians ever experience. It has been a journey of prayer, service, sacrifice, and living in community for the team for these months and we're excited to finally be sharing it with our pilgrims starting a week from today.

What do YOU do RobFranco?

Upvote 0

RobFranco

May 4, 2014
Las Vegas
✟486.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I'm serving on team for a Via de Cristo weekend in 7 days. The team has been working to prepare for this for the past 3 months. We'll be taking our 26 pilgrims through the most intense encounter with Christ that most modern, westernized Christians ever experience. It has been a journey of prayer, service, sacrifice, and living in community for the team for these months and we're excited to finally be sharing it with our pilgrims starting a week from today.

That sounds great !! But those works are not the same works of improving as human beings. Lifting the cross and sacrificing ourselves to others to show them we are crucified with Christ, so they may see Christ in us, serving them as an example so they may live with Christ as Christ lived for us, and improving our community because the change comes from within. Not donating food/money/clothes/time for the people in need, which is good and all, but what are we teaching them about KNOWING how to live? Africa for example. 16,000 kids die a day because they dont have food or shelter to live, so what keeps them reproducing knowing the hardship of life there? OUR SINS. If we can teach mankind how to live perfect as Christ did, we can be the change of the world. Simply by teaching others the walk of Christ, not the faith with empty salvation.

Upvote 0

tremble

^.^/
Feb 15, 2014
✟16,927.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hi Bryan.

I can't see anything in what Rob said that was a personal challenge to you. Sure, it was a bit crunchy and challenging in general, but a challenge that would be good for all of us to contemplate from day to day. It would be a shame, after all your hard work in preparing for this upcoming event, to start taking things personally when it was not meant personally, as that will surely cause tension with others around you. Anyway, good luck with the event and stay prayed up! ^.^

Rob said:
That sounds great !! But those works are not the same works of improving as human beings.

Not so fast, Rob! Look again at one of the activities Bryan participated in while preparing...

Bryan said:
living in community for the team for these months

This is what Jesus and his disciples did; they lived communally and shared all things in common. If Bryan and his team were trying something like that in order to be closer and more united, then I say keep up the good work! ^.^

The problem, however, is that most Christians will do something like this for a time, but then it's "back to the real world". All the unity and closeness that was built up through that time of communal living is cut off short. From the way Bryan describes it, it sounds like he's really enjoyed that time together with his brothers/sisters. So the question is, why not do it more often? If it really is a good thing, why not make a whole lifestyle out of it the way Jesus and his followers did?

so what keeps them reproducing knowing the hardship of life there? OUR SINS. If we can teach mankind how to live perfect as Christ did, we can be the change of the world. Simply by teaching others the walk of Christ, not the faith with empty salvation.

Actually, part of what keeps poor women reproducing is a lack of education, disillusionment, and powerlessness to stop themselves from being raped by the poor men around them. The rape can be forced, or it can be a more subtle kind of coercion or giving up when faced with the hopelessness of their situation.

But I agree with you that education is definitely important. And I slightly agree with you about how just giving material goods does not solve the problem. it's good to give material goods, but it's our TIME that God really wants. God, who created the entire universe, certainly doesn't lack the means to provide material goods if that's what he wants to do.

But people who've been given the freedom to do as they wish with their time, whether it be for good or bad, and then choosing to use that time to serve God; well that's a true rarity.

Often times the giving done by rich countries like the US, UK, Oz etc is done through paying someone else to do the charity work for us; we just write the cheques, and then we feel good about ourselves for having some something to help the poor.

But that's not the way Jesus did it and it's not the way he taught his followers to do it. God wants our time, but he won't get it if we're too busy serving mammon (matthew 6:24).

JN 12:26 If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour.

Where I am, there will my servant also be. Jesus didn't spend his time working in a job so he could afford to give a few dollars to the poor. He was hands-on out there in the middle of it all, teaching, helping, relating and looking for the lost sheep. We can do that to. It really is possible if we, like Bryan and his friends, come together in unity and start working as a team to make it happen.

Upvote 0

RobFranco

May 4, 2014
Las Vegas
✟486.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
What I'm trying to get to, is that we as Christians need to do more than just sitting on a Church watching a pastor preach, like BryanW92, who are active and doing good for our community. But whatbJesus wants us is to be free of sin, which causes 80% of our own problems we see in humanity. Walking with Christ is doing just that (apart from what BryanW92 is doing), but walking towards perfection. The people in Africa (as in many other countries) do lack education. But it is human instinct (we are animals) to reproduce, and you see these problems in un-educated countries more than civilized countries. Our instincts are the imperfections of man. The animalistic flesh that craves impurities, lust, anger ext. If we as Christians took more out of the teachings of Christ, than the petty preaching ABOUT Christ, we can become better human beings, living as Christ did. I hope you get what im trying to get too.

Another thing is, I didnt mean to say what BryanW92 is wrong. Not at all. I admire people like him. But, if I can teach a man how to catch his own fish, instead of giving him my daily catch, it would serve him better. Donating, giving, helping, doing community work, going to other countries helping children ext ext it helps, its beautiful to help people in need. But we should help them by giving them LIFE, and that LIFE is the teachings of Christ. It serves us individually, giving us direction and a path to a better life, the WAY of Christ. The WALK with Christ.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BryanW92

May 11, 2012
NE Florida
✟15,351.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is what Jesus and his disciples did; they lived communally and shared all things in common. If Bryan and his team were trying something like that in order to be closer and more united, then I say keep up the good work! ^.^

The problem, however, is that most Christians will do something like this for a time, but then it's "back to the real world". All the unity and closeness that was built up through that time of communal living is cut off short. From the way Bryan describes it, it sounds like he's really enjoyed that time together with his brothers/sisters. So the question is, why not do it more often? If it really is a good thing, why not make a whole lifestyle out of it the way Jesus and his followers did?

Via de Cristo (and Curcillo and Walk to Emmaus) weekend happen twice a year, every year, all over the world. It is a movement that is quite breathtaking, doing amazing things for Christ by demonstrating to people how true servanthood frees the spirit to do great things.

Home - Walk to Emmaus

National Lutheran Secretariat Via de Cristo Home Page VdC

The Walk to Emmaus in my area had 55 pilgrims for their walks this spring. In VdC, we'll have 26. All of these people are already Christians who attend church regularly and do some work, but after their weekend, they will do more. A lot more! Very few people come out of this experience unchanged.

I've served on four teams in the last 2 years, so that's a pretty consistent committment of my time, talent, treasure, and testimony. I do that in addition to being the chairman of my church council, Sunday school teacher, small group leader, and fill-in Lay Preacher while attending college to earn my Religion degree and working full-time as an automation analyst for a utility company.

And I know that all of that work does not count one iota towards my salvation. All of that is just a fruit of my justification through my faith in Christ.

RobFranco/Jeo7/CallingInTheDesert have been posting the same thing over and over again for a long time, calling us all out for not doing enough. He thinks that people who believe in salvation through faith do nothing after they say their little Jesus prayer to get saved. He thinks that people of faith are not doing works. I wanted to set him straight on that and ask him to show us what he is doing, as an example to us.

There are millions of Christians, who believe fully in salvation through faith alone, that are doing works both great and small every day.

Upvote 0

BryanW92

May 11, 2012
NE Florida
✟15,351.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But, if I can teach a man how to catch his own fish, instead of giving him my daily catch, it would serve him better. Donating, giving, helping, doing community work, going to other countries helping children ext ext it helps, its beautiful to help people in need. But we should help them by giving them LIFE, and that LIFE is the teachings of Christ. It serves us individually, giving us direction and a path to a better life, the WAY of Christ. The WALK with Christ.

Wow. You must have some great stories of your work abroad and in poor communities across America. I can tell you about the mission trip I'll be making to Cuba next year or of my experiences from volunteering in the homeless shelter.

But, those things are really nothing. You know what is really Christlike? It's little things that are local, and by local, I mean right around you in a radius of a few feet. Like when you are walking across a parking lot to get into a Mcdonald's for a cup of coffee and someone else is walking to the door too and is trying to beat you there so they can get in line first. Being Christlike is just slowing down you pace so they can beat you without even trying and then smiling at them as they pull ahead. Quite often, that person will be affected enough to hold the door and let you go through first. Then, when you are inside, let them go ahead of you in line.

It will affect their whole day and make them think. It won't change their life directly, but it is the real effect of the Christian on people's everyday life. We chip away at their crusty outer shell with our little acts of love and kindness.

Talking about an urgent need to feed people 10,000 miles way is nice, but helping an old woman get a 30 lb bag of cat litter off the shelf into her grocery cart is better.

Upvote 0

FanthatSpark

LImited Understanding
Oct 3, 2013
✟78,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Wow. You must have some great stories of your work abroad and in poor communities across America. I can tell you about the mission trip I'll be making to Cuba next year or of my experiences from volunteering in the homeless shelter.

But, those things are really nothing. You know what is really Christlike? It's little things that are local, and by local, I mean right around you in a radius of a few feet. Like when you are walking across a parking lot to get into a Mcdonald's for a cup of coffee and someone else is walking to the door too and is trying to beat you there so they can get in line first. Being Christlike is just slowing down you pace so they can beat you without even trying and then smiling at them as they pull ahead. Quite often, that person will be affected enough to hold the door and let you go through first. Then, when you are inside, let them go ahead of you in line.

It will affect their whole day and make them think. It won't change their life directly, but it is the real effect of the Christian on people's everyday life. We chip away at their crusty outer shell with our little acts of love and kindness.

Talking about an urgent need to feed people 10,000 miles way is nice, but helping an old woman get a 30 lb bag of cat litter off the shelf into her grocery cart is better.

Nicely put Bryan ! Edifying and said in meekness (in part) for all cant travel.
Some are brought to Jesus crippled, poor in Spirit and thus must be molded in His will. Some old and some just plain broken and must take a season to learn love to fix self before others.

Rob . You seem to be in the fire of the Spirit and your intent is clear in thread as a whole, but it forgets that everybody can not do as Jesus did except show Joy and love to their immediate surroundings. For me, I had to learn to convey to the masses so that unwanted debate is not overwhelming. Thus , statements such as "for me"
conveys that this way works for me and "may" work for whomever. Leaving the decision to the reader for merit. Kinda like the McDonald scenario. I get ya Rob in the fire of the Spirit in my own experiences and forgot about meekness in 1 peter 3:15 too. As tremble said, "it comes off a bit crunchy and challenging in general". Yet, for me, your intent is understood in Spiritual format and the subject held this reader to the end of the thread
and was edifying to this vessel. You are correct that that salvation through faith alone does not save you James 2:26. Yet, the crux of that for me lies in "want" to do works through faith. Instead of works as if it is a job to get to heaven. Lets change terminology for concepts sake...

If I learn love of self through the Word and then further that concept to love God through further reading of the Word, did I not just learn to love another being and through further reading of the Word extended the concept to a human being? Thus fulfilling scripture in Matt. 22:37-39. Not in the order it is given "for I" had to love self as a concept first, to then, extend it to God and further it to another human. Yet, as maturity in the Word expands what is it I love? What is God? 1 john 4:16. What must this vessel achieve? 1 john 4:18. So, loving God, others and self leaves, "want" to do works of kindness and teach the Joy inside of this vessel to this vessels best ability. Wanting/Faith and Have to/Law, are different concepts entirely. One without the other is a lie , James 2:26.1 john 2:4.

All that to agree with you that works and faith come to a point inside of the follower of God. For me, I had read up in scripture to "fulfill scripture"
in this vessels walk (which continues on a constant basis). For me, diligence in the Word. Patients to wait and wisdom to convey His understanding in Love & meekness to build a follower up and not tear them down is the goal this follower seeks. Yet I aint perfect now lol. I fall a bunch in replying to posts here with emotions on sleeve, for example, with out praying to calm self or look to build and be patient to reply with edifying content. It is in hopes that He will perfect this vessel in His will and season for it is known I am flawed.

"By WALKING the path he did. He showed us the Way, how many of us actually walk it?"

For me, Jesus's walk was to teach love, even to the persecutor and "want' to show salvation through love by, for ex: Recruiting Paul, a heavy transgressor, to let all know His power for forgiveness and salvation can be obtained in the deepest pit of iniquity. And a personal fav is Matt 26:52-54. Imagine that kind of power and it is not used but could be. For me, the walk = 1 Cor. 13:4-7 in being. As one strives in the world full of hate and I being of the world, to acquire that state of mind at all times is impossible, but to give it this vessels best try brings joy to the heart.

Just 6 cents worth out of a wooden nickel. Blessings

Upvote 0

RobFranco

May 4, 2014
Las Vegas
✟486.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

That's good Bryan, what you do is in my view a great thing, and i admire people who are involved. But I don't think youre understanding my point. Christ taught us how to be free of Sin. Sin is what makes the world a "bad" place. Without sin we can truly live in a better world. If we as christians, remember theyre about 3 billion Christians in the world, but if we put the teachings of Jesus and implied it into our lifes more INWARD (within ourselves) than outward (works without salvation), we can truly be the change we want to see in the world.
"The Kingdom of God is within you." He said. Because once we start seeking the righteousness of God from within, we can truly bring his Kingdom to earth.

Upvote 0

RBPerry

Christian Baby Boomer
Supporter
Oct 14, 2013
Northern California
✟86,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I don't think anyone is saying we should live in sin and depend on grace. What I would like to hear from you is what specific works are you talking about? Are they certain rules you feel we must keep? Jesus gave us the beatitudes, and no one has all those attributes. He told us the two greatest commandments are to love God with all your heart and love your neighbor as yourself. Each person has different callings, and come from different backgrounds so you can't put your own calling on others.
You are correct that the relationship comes from within and He looks at our hearts and motives in all that we do. If we truly try to love others as Christ loves us then where are we going to fail?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RobFranco

May 4, 2014
Las Vegas
✟486.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I don't think anyone is saying we should live in sin and depend on grace. What I would like to hear from you is what specific works are you talking about? Are they certain rules you feel we must keep? Jesus gave us the beatitudes, and no one has all those attributes. He told us the two greatest commandments are to love God with all your heart and love your neighbor as yourself. Each person has different callings, and come from different backgrounds so you can't put your own calling on others.
You are correct that the relationship comes from within and He looks at our hearts and motives in all that we do. If we truly try to love others as Christ loves us then where are we going to fail?

That your words sound beautiful ! But how many of us do imply it? Love our neighbors, but how many of us start wars with our brothers and sisters of other faiths? How many of us treat others the way we wouldn't want to be treated?? How many of us respect and treat a gay/lesbian brother or sister as we should?? Love your neighbor as yourself was the commandment. How many of us truly know what LOVE is?..

Upvote 0

RobFranco

May 4, 2014
Las Vegas
✟486.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Perry, Bryan. If all of us 3 billion Christians lived as Christ did on this planet. An exact copy, the complete imitation of Christ, living by his example....imagine how different our world would be. The walk with Christ is not about donating, giving, helping....all such things the pharisees did. But what are we doing from WITHIN that can truly change the world? Let's not forget, Christianity may look clean in the outside, but we as Christians may be rotting from within. Again Bryan, im not against what you do to help others. That's an amazing thing to go out and help others, and someday i wish i could do what you and hundreds of other dedicated Christians do to make this world a better place. Thank you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BryanW92

May 11, 2012
NE Florida
✟15,351.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's good Bryan, what you do is in my view a great thing, and i admire people who are involved. But I don't think youre understanding my point. Christ taught us how to be free of Sin. Sin is what makes the world a "bad" place. Without sin we can truly live in a better world. If we as christians, remember theyre about 3 billion Christians in the world, but if we put the teachings of Jesus and implied it into our lifes more INWARD (within ourselves) than outward (works without salvation), we can truly be the change we want to see in the world.
"The Kingdom of God is within you." He said. Because once we start seeking the righteousness of God from within, we can truly bring his Kingdom to earth.

I don't think you understand what I, most of the people in this forum, and the great cloud of witness from the last 500 years is saying. I see that you're 24 years old, so you're from the generation that has been taught to always demand action from others because it was "others" who ruined the economy, ruined the environment, ruined this and that, and yes, ruined Christianity.

I am from the generation that faced the same problems as yours. We had the Carter economy, global cooling, the Cold War, the energy crisis (did you know that there was less known oil in the world in 1970 than there is today?), and the lukewarm church of our fathers. But, as the trailing edge of the hippie movement, we were taught to get up and DO something ourselves.

So, your calls for others to do something because you want it falls flat for me. I do things. Everyone else does things. We all, as the greater Church, do things. We also have to live in this world, so we have jobs, homes, families, and responsibilities.

I also have a Wesleyan theology so I understand sanctification and holiness and I seek it in this lifetime, not as reward after death.

To paraphrase the song, you sing "Let there be peace on earth and let it begin with YOU."

I sing "Let there be peace on earth and let it begin with ME."

FanThatSpark says that he can see the flame of the Holy Spirit in your posts. So can I. But you need to mature a bit so you can see the difference between edifying/encouraging and finger-pointing/accusing before you can have a positive effect.

You should also put more work into your theology because you bounce back and forth a lot in response to people's arguments. Of course, you could just examine the existing theologies and pick one that was developed over the years by people much more knowledgable and holy and you or I. You'll say that your theology is found in the bible, right? Well, they all are. Theology is just "knowledge of God". It is not a doctrine and it is not a bad thing. It helps you have consistency in your beliefs. If you have a good theology and someone argues you to a point where you don't have an answer, it gives you the ability to admit that you don't know everything and then either do some more study or actually listen to the person, instead of changing the subject, ignoring the argument, or repeating your same argument over and over again.

Being a Christian is a lifelong growing experience. Don't rush it. Just enjoy the trip. The good works will come along the way in their own due time.

Upvote 0

RobFranco

May 4, 2014
Las Vegas
✟486.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I don't think you understand what I, most of the people in this forum, and the great cloud of witness from the last 500 years is saying. I see that you're 24 years old, so you're from the generation that has been taught to always demand action from others because it was "others" who ruined the economy, ruined the environment, ruined this and that, and yes, ruined Christianity.

I am from the generation that faced the same problems as yours. We had the Carter economy, global cooling, the Cold War, the energy crisis (did you know that there was less known oil in the world in 1970 than there is today?), and the lukewarm church of our fathers. But, as the trailing edge of the hippie movement, we were taught to get up and DO something ourselves.

So, your calls for others to do something because you want it falls flat for me. I do things. Everyone else does things. We all, as the greater Church, do things. We also have to live in this world, so we have jobs, homes, families, and responsibilities.

I also have a Wesleyan theology so I understand sanctification and holiness and I seek it in this lifetime, not as reward after death.

To paraphrase the song, you sing "Let there be peace on earth and let it begin with YOU."

I sing "Let there be peace on earth and let it begin with ME."

FanThatSpark says that he can see the flame of the Holy Spirit in your posts. So can I. But you need to mature a bit so you can see the difference between edifying/encouraging and finger-pointing/accusing before you can have a positive effect.

You should also put more work into your theology because you bounce back and forth a lot in response to people's arguments. Of course, you could just examine the existing theologies and pick one that was developed over the years by people much more knowledgable and holy and you or I. You'll say that your theology is found in the bible, right? Well, they all are. Theology is just "knowledge of God". It is not a doctrine and it is not a bad thing. It helps you have consistency in your beliefs. If you have a good theology and someone argues you to a point where you don't have an answer, it gives you the ability to admit that you don't know everything and then either do some more study or actually listen to the person, instead of changing the subject, ignoring the argument, or repeating your same argument over and over again.

Being a Christian is a lifelong growing experience. Don't rush it. Just enjoy the trip. The good works will come along the way in their own due time.

I like that Bryan. But again, the walk with Christ is a relationship from within. What do we do to make ourselves a better person? We can do great thiongs from the exterior, but what do we do from within? I understand completely what you're saying, and i keep repeating myself how awesome is the things you do to make this world a better place. But do you understand what im saying?

Upvote 0

BryanW92

May 11, 2012
NE Florida
✟15,351.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
An exact copy, the complete imitation of Christ, living by his example....

Sigh. We can't do that. If we could, he wouldn't have needed to die on the cross. Please understand that. It is the basis for all that Christ came to earth for!

If we could perfectly imitate him, he could have been Buddha. In fact, that's basically who Buddha is. He started the rellgion that assumes that we CAN be like Buddha and walk as Buddha or Christ did in perfection.

But, Christ (being God) knew that this is impossible for humans. We will fail. Always.

Be human. Seek sanctification always. Don't be discouraged when you fail or you see everyone else fail. Jesus has our back and will until the end of the age.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BryanW92

May 11, 2012
NE Florida
✟15,351.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I like that Bryan. But again, the walk with Christ is a relationship from within. What do we do to make ourselves a better person? We can do great thiongs from the exterior, but what do we do from within? I understand completely what you're saying, and i keep repeating myself how awesome is the things you do to make this world a better place. But do you understand what im saying?

I understand better than you can imagine. Do me a favor. Read "A Plain Account of Christian Perfection" by John Wesley. It will open your eyes.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

What do we do to make ourselves better people? Nothing! We don't do anything, God does it, or more specifically God's grace. If we try to make ourselves "better" then we're saying that God's work within us is insufficient. If he can raise Jesus from the dead he can surely achieve what he wants within us. All we have to do is get out of the way.

Upvote 0

RobFranco

May 4, 2014
Las Vegas
✟486.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
What do we do to make ourselves better people? Nothing! We don't do anything, God does it, or more specifically God's grace. If we try to make ourselves "better" then we're saying that God's work within us is insufficient. If he can raise Jesus from the dead he can surely achieve what he wants within us. All we have to do is get out of the way.

God changes us, God gives us strength, courage, undersanding for our walk with Christ. Why do we call ourselves Christians Percador? Because we have faith in Christ? No, we have faith in God and in Christ so that our WALK can lead us to the same footsteps as Christ did. Being a Christian is being a follower of Christ. You need faith to follow Christ, but that's not the same as to WALK WITH HIM, to walk the WAY he did.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BryanW92

May 11, 2012
NE Florida
✟15,351.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
:amen:

Upvote 0