Where was Jesus while He was dead for three days?

PROPHECYKID

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2007
The isle of spice
Visit site
✟73,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree MinisterTony. It's so plainly taught in scripture that it just baffles me why people can't see it. It's as plain as day.

When you die you sleep. You don't go to heaven or hell.

Congratulations on your first post. The truth prevails.

:amen:

Upvote 0

MinisterTony

Nov 13, 2010
✟389.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I agree MinisterTony. It's so plainly taught in scripture that it just baffles me why people can't see it. It's as plain as day.

When you die you sleep. You don't go to heaven or hell.

The reason they cannot see it is due to eisegesis. Someone in the past, whether parent or someone else told them that when a person dies, they don't actually die, they keep on living in a "soul state". And actually that statement began with Satan in Gen 3:4.

But due to eisegesis, the person reads their interpretation into the text, the interpretation that they were taught before they studied Bible for themselves, so now they only see what they were taught to see. It's a type of brainwashing.

But if a person has never heard a single thing about Bible and began reading the Bible for themselves with an mind that was never taught a single thing about Bible before, they would conclude as you and I have because the Bible is clear. The problem happens when someone has gotten into their ears BEFORE they read the Bible for themselves.

But having said that, there are sincere truth lovers who has been taught error and renounced their error. It does happen, but rarely, because it takes immense amount of humility to admit they are wrong.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MinisterTony

Nov 13, 2010
✟389.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The immortality of the soul is actually a Platonic influence on the early Church. I'm in agreeance with Tony on this.

It brings a joy to my heart to see others who have embraced the truth regarding this. You are correct, these are nothing but traditions derived from pagan platonic philosophy, not biblical whatsoever. Platonic did indeed influence the notion of the absolute & indefeasible immortality of the human soul.

There is NO Biblical declaration of death as an endless life in misery as the penalty for sin.

When immortal soulism was adopted from Greek platonism(chiefly through plato,philo), conditionlism was maintained by Christ and the apostles and sustained by the apostolic fathers and the earliest of the ante-nicene fathers and on for centuries. Immortal soulism was not adopted in Christian thought until certain north African platonic church father philosophers espoused it nearly 200yrs after the Christian era had passed. By 400AD, the Christian Church had divided.

Immortal Soulism derived directly from Satan [Gen 3:4], then through Greek Philosophy and penetrated jewry about 150BC, then infiltrated the Christian Church.

Athanasia (Immortality) or Aphthartos (Incorruptible) is never applied to man as a natural possession, and Athanasia is never joined with soul of man.

When Adam and Eve were driven from the Garden of Eden, an angel was posted to guard the tree of life so that sinners would not eat of the tree and "live for ever." Genesis 3:22-24. The teaching that sinners are immortal in hell originated with Satan and is completely untrue.

The only way to live is to get access to the tree of life! And the saved will live forever in heaven where the tree of life will be forever! So the lost cannot live forever in some hellfire because there is no tree of life there!
And without access to the tree of life, there is no immortality, so the lost will DIE and sleep forever! Only the saved will be given immortality. Read 1cor 15:51-55! And without that and without Jesus the lost will not see life. Read John 3:36

So can the lost still LIVE, just as Satan said in Gen 3:4, without access to the tree of life? How can they without access to the tree of life?

The lost will never receive immortality or access to the tree of life which will only be in the new heaven, so they will die the 2nd Death - Greek [apokteino] = kill outright, put an end to, destruction!

The lost cannot live forever in some "hellfire" because there will be NO Tree of life there! And without access to the Tree of Life, there can be no eternal life. Simple as that really!

Upvote 0

judah israel

Feb 28, 2010
✟15,867.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thank you.

And I wonder why would God have a resurrection if people are already alive in heaven.

Because people love folly and refuse to read and pray. There is no one in heaven or hell at this time.

(2Tim.4:1) I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

Peace

Upvote 0

Yeisu

All my hope is in Christ
Nov 6, 2010
✟15,178.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I apologize for this thread, Ive seemed to cause some arguments and strife. God Bless everyone for trying to help explain. I do not question the matter anymore. I am out of place to question the whereabouts or business of the Lord, I will fully trust what He did, whatever it may be.

Upvote 0

NuPreacher

Married to Godchaser_70
Nov 25, 2010
Tulsa
✟8,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Because people love folly and refuse to read and pray. There is no one in heaven or hell at this time.

(2Tim.4:1) I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

Peace
I pity the people that are just unable to let the Bible speak for itself. They can't seem to understand the difference between the human soul and the spirit. And they definitely can't understand that this body is just our house.

Upvote 0