Where was Jesus while He was dead for three days?

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i've heard it explained that Christ descended into the underworld in order to minister to the souls trapped there. that even those who had died before the coming of Christ might hear the Good News, respond to it, and be saved.

1 Peter 3:18-20
1 Peter 4:6

Upvote 0

PROPHECYKID

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2007
The isle of spice
Visit site
✟73,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i've heard it explained that Christ descended into the underworld in order to minister to the souls trapped there. that even those who had died before the coming of Christ might hear the Good News, respond to it, and be saved.

1 Peter 3:18-20
1 Peter 4:6

Yes but that isn't really true. Check out an earlier post by MinisterTony. Post #4.

Upvote 0

NuPreacher

Married to Godchaser_70
Nov 25, 2010
Tulsa
✟8,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That is when he was human. Do you think that Jesus was flesh and bone in the garden of Eden? Do you think Jesus' divine nature is flesh and bone?

No, it wasn't when He was human. Jesus said this after He had died and rose again. This was His NEW divine nature. That's why He is called the firstborn of all creation.

Upvote 0

PROPHECYKID

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2007
The isle of spice
Visit site
✟73,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, it wasn't when He was human. Jesus said this after He had died and rose again. This was His NEW divine nature. That's why He is called the firstborn of all creation.

Sorry bro. Jesus never had a NEW divine nature. There is nothing such as a NEW divine nature.

Upvote 0

PROPHECYKID

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2007
The isle of spice
Visit site
✟73,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can you prove that with the Word?

I don't need to prove something that the word does not endorce. The word never said Jesus had a NEW Divine Nature. If so this would suggest that his previous divine nature that he had before he came to earth was not perfect or not sufficient in some way. No need to change something that is perfect.

Upvote 0

NuPreacher

Married to Godchaser_70
Nov 25, 2010
Tulsa
✟8,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't need to prove something that the word does not endorce. The word never said Jesus had a NEW Divine Nature. If so this would suggest that his previous divine nature that he had before he came to earth was not perfect or not sufficient in some way. No need to change something that is perfect.
Before he didn't have a glorified body (God is a spirit and those who worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth) And now he does have one. We will have glorified bodies just like him.

Upvote 0

PROPHECYKID

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2007
The isle of spice
Visit site
✟73,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Before he didn't have a glorified body (God is a spirit and those who worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth) And now he does have one. We will have glorified bodies just like him.

So before he had an ordinary divine body?

Upvote 0

NuPreacher

Married to Godchaser_70
Nov 25, 2010
Tulsa
✟8,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So before he had an ordinary divine body?
I never said that. Read the verses in the old testament that refer to the angel of the lord. That is talking about a christophany. In other words most people saw him as a special angel instead of as the son of god.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PROPHECYKID

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2007
The isle of spice
Visit site
✟73,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I never said that. Read the verses in the old testament that refer to the angel of the lord. That is talking about a christophany. In other words most people saw him as a special angel instead of as the son of god.

That does not mean he was an angel. He appeared as an angel. I don't want to talk about this specific thing more because its not a sensible discussion. We are talking about God here. The all powerful and all knowing God. Why should we even think that he would be limited to a particular body at one period of time, besides when he was on earth as a man. What would be the cause of him having a different body when he was resurrected that his father did not have. Why would you then have a NEW divine nature. I am sorry, I just don't get it. But you can keep your opinion. That is perfectly fine.

Upvote 0

NuPreacher

Married to Godchaser_70
Nov 25, 2010
Tulsa
✟8,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What would be the cause of him having a different body when he was resurrected that his father did not have.

Jesus was the only one to put on flesh and dwell among us. And when Jesus died, he didn't lose that body. When he was resurrected, that body was changed into an immortal body. Therefore, he did have something that the father didn't have.

Upvote 0

PROPHECYKID

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2007
The isle of spice
Visit site
✟73,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus was the only one to put on flesh and dwell among us. And when Jesus died, he didn't lose that body. When he was resurrected, that body was changed into an immortal body. Therefore, he did have something that the father didn't have.

I don't agree but I think I understand your reasoning and it is fair. So back to topic. I will proceed with the understanding of this belief about the nature of Christ that you have so I won't oppose it. When Jesus died his spirit returned to God. Do you think this was another form of his existence?

Upvote 0

NuPreacher

Married to Godchaser_70
Nov 25, 2010
Tulsa
✟8,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't agree but I think I understand your reasoning and it is fair. So back to topic. I will proceed with the understanding of this belief about the nature of Christ that you have so I won't oppose it. When Jesus died his spirit returned to God. Do you think this was another form of his existence?

Well, His spirit didn't return to God immediately. Because He became sin, He went down to hell and paid the price for us.

Upvote 0

PROPHECYKID

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2007
The isle of spice
Visit site
✟73,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, His spirit didn't return to God immediately. Because He became sin, He went down to hell and paid the price for us.

Luk 23:46 And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.

Ghost is the same as spirit. The same Greek word is used.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

NuPreacher

Married to Godchaser_70
Nov 25, 2010
Tulsa
✟8,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Luk 23:46 And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.

Ghost is the same as spirit. The same Greek word is used.
2 Corinthians 5:21
For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Upvote 0

PROPHECYKID

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2007
The isle of spice
Visit site
✟73,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
2 Corinthians 5:21
For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

How does this say that his spirit did not go back to God as the bible Plainly says.

Upvote 0

PROPHECYKID

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2007
The isle of spice
Visit site
✟73,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Because sin cannot exist in Heaven which is where God is.

Sure. But Jesus' spirit did return to God when he died as the bible says. His spirit is not another form of his existence which is the point I have been making. Your beliefs should not have you denying plain scriptures. If so you need to change what you believe and believe what the bible says.

Upvote 0

NuPreacher

Married to Godchaser_70
Nov 25, 2010
Tulsa
✟8,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sure. But Jesus' spirit did return to God when he died as the bible says. His spirit is not another form of his existence which is the point I have been making. Your beliefs should not have you denying plain scriptures. If so you need to change what you believe and believe what the bible says.
I'm not denying plain scriptures. I'm just saying that before what you said happened, he went down to hell first.

Upvote 0