New Mexico
✟41,659.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
These guys have been a problem to Israel and probably will be until Russia and her allies attack Israel.

I'm with Israel. Whoever blesses Israel God blesses.

I'm blessed.:clap:

Israel is not 100% right all the time but they are in a fight for their survival.

Upvote 0

JimB

Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
On the whole Israel vs Palestine issue?

I stand on the side of justice because that is where God stands.

IMO.

~Jim
The Bible is so simple you have to have help to misunderstand it.

Upvote 0

zaksmummy

Jul 6, 2007
Chesterfield
✟10,866.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
If God is for Israel who can stand against them?

Jesus said "the very least thing you do for my brethern, you do for me". Who are Jesus' brethern? I always used to take that verse as meaning the poor and needy, and in a certain context it does, but actually on a physical level it is the Jewish people who are his brethern.

To me it doesnt mean that we have to like everything the Israeli government does, but as a people who worship God we should support them, they are after all sitting in the middle of the countries whose sole aim is to destroy them. When all is said and done, at the end God is returning to Mount Zion to be worshipped by his people, like it or not that is the Jewish people first, and the rest of us second.

The time of the gentiles is nearly over, the Messiah is on his way.

Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

I've Been Keepin My Eyes Wide Open
Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
On the whole Israel vs Palestine issue?

Here's where I mainly stand:

Psalm 122:6-9, Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: may those who love you be secure. May there be peace within your walls and security within your citadels. For the sake of my brothers and friends, I will say, Peace be within you. For the sake of the house of the Lord God, I will seek your prosperity.

Shalom!

I believe in the year 1948 God fulfilled the prophecy of the dry bones written in Jeremiah. God gave this land to his children Israel, He took it away, yet He promised it back to them, and they did get it back.

Upvote 0

Markus6

Veteran
Jul 19, 2006
Houston
✟22,034.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think we should be on the side of peace and those actions which we know to be right. We should condemn the actions of Israel that are wrong just as much as we condemn the actions of Palestine. I don't think we should unconditionally support a country just because of one particular interpretation of some verses of the bible, especially when that involves supporting actions that are clearly condemned in the bible.

Upvote 0

zaksmummy

Jul 6, 2007
Chesterfield
✟10,866.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
When you are fighting for your life, sometimes you need to play dirty. Most of the time the Jews are fighting for their lives.

For how many centuries have they been the victims of atrocities? how many people stood up for them and sheltered them? Not many, but those who did were blessed by God, because they are his chosen people.

Still they have been hounded and killed indiscriminately just because they are Jewish. In other situations this would be known as ethnic cleansing.

I think it has got to the point where many of them think, "we are back in our land, and we will not take it lying down any more".

When we watch the news reports of what is going on on Israel, especially from the BBC it is very biased against the Israelis, we prefer to watch Aljezera for middle eastern news because ironically you tend to get a better overall view.

Upvote 0

zaksmummy

Jul 6, 2007
Chesterfield
✟10,866.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I think we should be on the side of peace and those actions which we know to be right. We should condemn the actions of Israel that are wrong just as much as we condemn the actions of Palestine. I don't think we should unconditionally support a country just because of one particular interpretation of some verses of the bible, especially when that involves supporting actions that are clearly condemned in the bible.

Which actions? If I remember God told the Israelites to wipe out entire nations. God does not have a problem with killing your enemy clearly.

Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
What is the prophecy surrounding this issue right now? Is there one? What is REALLY behind it all?
Opps, that prophecy wasn't by Jeremiah but Ezekiel. Read chapter 37, it is of the prophecy of the dry bones. It's of the restoration of the nation of Israel. Once the land is given back to the Jews they will keep it.

Ezekiel 37:12, Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God; behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel.

Eze 37:14, And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the Lord have spoken it, and performed it, saith the Lord

Eze. 37:22, And I will make then one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

nephilimiyr

Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Which actions? If I remember God told the Israelites to wipe out entire nations. God does not have a problem with killing your enemy clearly.
That was the Old Testament, things have changed since then.

Upvote 0

Alpine

Resident Sojourner
Sep 19, 2005
Wisconsin
✟25,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For the nation Israel though?

Yes, the ancient kingdoms of of Israel/Judea were wiped out. And as an act of judgment by God the jews were scattered to the 4 corners of the earth.

God still has a mighty plan for the secular nation of Israel and the jewish people, but lets not worship Israel and say they can do no wrong. Israel is a big prosecutor of Christians, by limiting the gospel in their country. Btw, I'm of a jewish heritage, but I do not worship Israel - Israel can be wrong on many many things.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

nephilimiyr

Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
If prophecy has been fulfilled why are they fighting so hard?
Because not all prophecy has been fulfilled. You just asked for about prophecy about this issue. I took that to mean you want to know where God says the Jews will own the land at this present time.

Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Oh no! It's one of those is it?? LOL Reading Daniel and Revelation is like....you know....just so hard!!! ;)
Agreed!

Ha ha - I just wanted to know why, if they've got their land back...why are they attacking palestine?
I didn't know it was just Israel doing all the attacking. Are you sure you are getting unbiased news reports? The wars and battles fought in 1948, 53, 67, and 73 were mainly started by the Palestinians, IMO.

Yes Israel has started a few of their own but always because of intelligence reports of Palestinian plans and build-ups.

So why are they fighting back and attacking Palestine? For their very survival, IMO.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.