• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

daleksteve

Jun 6, 2015
✟16,732.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Where did you get no water? It just says there is no more sea. That in no way rules out fresh water lakes, ponds rivers, complete with waterfalls.
As for light it just says there is no need for the sun, not that there will not be one--no need for it for Jesus is brighter than the sun.
And don't worry, if you don't want to live there, you won't.

You need the sea to get rain. Without rain, no plants. If you have no sun where will the planet get its energy from?

This thread is just getting sillier and sillier, all scientific and intelligent reasoning has gone out the window.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
You need the sea to get rain. Without rain, no plants. If you have no sun where will the planet get its energy from?

This thread is just getting sillier and sillier, all scientific and intelligent reasoning has gone out the window.

Again, nowhere does it say there will be no sun! And you think that the God that created this earth to begin with, can't handle all this?? LOL! there was no rain before the flood--there was a mist that watered everything--Have you even read the bible?? What is silly are these statements!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
. . .
Isaiah 66:23 And it shall come to pass, [that] from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.....
Septuagint Isaiah 66:23 And it shall come to pass from month to month, and from sabbath to sabbath, that all flesh shall come to worship before me in Jerusalem, saith the Lord.

Reactions: Paul Yohannan
Upvote 0

Philip_B

Bread is Blessed & Broken Wine is Blessed & Poured
Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2016
Swansea, NSW, Australia
Visit site
✟611,327.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Paul Yohannan
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Make up your mind. You either believe what the text says or not. You don't want to believe she had the power to bring up Samuel, even though the text says:
1Sa 28:11 Then said the woman, Whom shall I bring up unto thee? And he said, Bring me up Samuel.

Indicating she did (I do not believe she did either).

This misses my point: She had no power to call up the spirits of the dead, so the fact that anything happened is why she is shocked and surprised.

If I were to go to a self-purported medium and said I wanted a seance to contact a dead relative, the medium will claim to have the power to do so, but what would actually happen is that no dead would be contacted, it would be a complete sham--all the old tricks that we've known about for well over a hundred years now, people shaking the table, playing recordings, etc. There'd be nothing supernatural about it at all--it'd be flimflam hokery.

Should an actual deceased spirit show up it would be a shock to everyone, but most of all to the medium.

That's what I'm saying is going on in this text. A con artist who claimed to have the power to contact the dead was going through with her usual act, but nothing was supposed to actually happen. No ghost or spirit was supposed to show up--but one did show up, the spirit of Samuel, and this causes her to become immensely frightened, and becomes aware that that the mysterious stranger is Saul.

The text says she called it Samuel nd so did Saul, so therefore it is Samuel, The text says she brought up Samuel so therefore she did. The text says the Saul perceived it was Samuel. Therefore, Saul believed it was Samuel. Nowhere does it state that it was Samuel, only that is who Saul thought it was, and that the old woman saw and old man covered in a mantel.
per·ceive
[pərˈsēv]
discern · recognize · become aware of · see · distinguish · realize ·
grasp · understand · take in · make out · find · identify · hit on · comprehend · apprehend · appreciate · sense · divine · figure out · twig · become cognizant of
  • interpret or look on (someone or something) in a particular way; regard as:
    "if Guy does not perceive himself as disabled, nobody else should" ·
  • If you do not believe she brought up Samuel, but you believe Samuel was brought up---then who did bring him up?? Certainly not God when He said to not do this or to go to these people.

Note that the text doesn't say she was the one who made Samuel show up. It does not say that.

"So Saul disguised himself and put on other clothes and went there, he and two men with him. They came to the woman by night. And he said, “Consult a spirit for me, and bring up for me the one whom I name to you.” The woman said to him, “Surely you know what Saul has done, how he has cut off the mediums and the wizards from the land. Why then are you laying a snare for my life to bring about my death?” But Saul swore to her by the Lord, “As the Lord lives, no punishment shall come upon you for this thing.” Then the woman said, “Whom shall I bring up for you?” He answered, “Bring up Samuel for me.” When the woman saw Samuel, she cried out with a loud voice; and the woman said to Saul, “Why have you deceived me? You are Saul!” The king said to her, “Have no fear; what do you see?” The woman said to Saul, “I see a divine being coming up out of the ground.” He said to her, “What is his appearance?” She said, “An old man is coming up; he is wrapped in a robe.” So Saul knew that it was Samuel, and he bowed with his face to the ground, and did obeisance."

Here is what happens:

Saul disguises himself to speak with the witch of Endor.
He asks her to call up a spirit, naming the spirit he wants to contact as Samuel.
Samuel does show up, and she is terrified.
Then Samuel speaks with Saul.

I don't believe the medium had the power to call forth the dead.
So the fact that Samuel shows up terrifies her.

Note that the text doesn't say she did it, one could imply that she did but the text doesn't actually say it. On that particular point the text is silent.

That Samuel is able to show up and speak with Saul is not because of the power of the medium, this is an extraordinary and unusual event, testified to by the shock and fear of the medium (because mediums can't do anything, they're charlatans and scam artists).

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Again, who did bring him up---She didn't. God didn't, who did????

The conclusion I would draw is that God did cause it to happen, God permitted the departed Samuel to speak with Saul.

The only One who could permit such an extraordinary event to take place is God.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
LOL!! He condemns anyone for doing this, but He causes it to happen!!!???? He allows a woman "with a familiar spirit" to bring Samuel up from the dead! God is working with necromancers??!!Anything other than to face the truth that it was an apparition that Satan himself caused----wow!! Well, now, if God is working with necromancers, seems out of line to punish those who come to Him by stoning them to death! Yah, working together with God can be hazardous to your health. God had refused to speak to Saul:
1Sa 28:6 And when Saul enquired of the LORD, the LORD answered him not, neither by dreams, nor by Urim, nor by prophets.

He won't answer Saul when a prophet asks, or when the High priest asks --for that is who uses the Urim, but he answers a woman with a "familiar spirit"--

Isa_8:19 And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead?
Lev_19:31 Regard not them that have familiar spirits, neither seek after wizards, to be defiled by them: I am the LORD your God.
Lev_20:6 And the soul that turneth after such as have familiar spirits, and after wizards, to go a whoring after them, I will even set my face against that soul, and will cut him off from among his people.
1Ch_10:13 So Saul died for his transgression which he committed against the LORD, even against the word of the LORD, which he kept not, and also for asking counsel of one that had a familiar spirit, to enquire of it;
2Ch_33:6 And he caused his children to pass through the fire in the valley of the son of Hinnom: also he observed times, and used enchantments, and used witchcraft, and dealt with a familiar spirit, and with wizards: he wrought much evil in the sight of the LORD, to provoke him to anger.

Wow! Now I've heard it all---Necromancers are simply working with God, they are not in league with the devil after all!!
:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::prayer::prayer:

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
LOL!! He condemns anyone for doing this, but He causes it to happen!!!???? He allows a woman "with a familiar spirit" to bring Samuel up from the dead! God is working with necromancers??!!Anything other than to face the truth that it was an apparition that Satan himself caused----wow!! Well, now, if God is working with necromancers, seems out of line to punish those who come to Him by stoning them to death! Yah, working together with God can be hazardous to your health. God had refused to speak to Saul:
1Sa 28:6 And when Saul enquired of the LORD, the LORD answered him not, neither by dreams, nor by Urim, nor by prophets.

He won't answer Saul when a prophet asks, or when the High priest asks --for that is who uses the Urim, but he answers a woman with a "familiar spirit"--

Isa_8:19 And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead?
Lev_19:31 Regard not them that have familiar spirits, neither seek after wizards, to be defiled by them: I am the LORD your God.
Lev_20:6 And the soul that turneth after such as have familiar spirits, and after wizards, to go a whoring after them, I will even set my face against that soul, and will cut him off from among his people.
1Ch_10:13 So Saul died for his transgression which he committed against the LORD, even against the word of the LORD, which he kept not, and also for asking counsel of one that had a familiar spirit, to enquire of it;
2Ch_33:6 And he caused his children to pass through the fire in the valley of the son of Hinnom: also he observed times, and used enchantments, and used witchcraft, and dealt with a familiar spirit, and with wizards: he wrought much evil in the sight of the LORD, to provoke him to anger.

Wow! Now I've heard it all---Necromancers are simply working with God, they are not in league with the devil after all!!
:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::prayer::prayer:

God also forbade astrology, that didn't stop a star from signaling the birth of Christ which attracted the attention of Persian astrologers who came and worshiped Him.

However, I'm not saying God worked through a medium, I'm saying what happened was in spite of the medium, and only God is capable of permitting a dead person speak to the living.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
God also forbade astrology, that didn't stop a star from signaling the birth of Christ which attracted the attention of Persian astrologers who came and worshiped Him.

However, I'm not saying God worked through a medium, I'm saying what happened was in spite of the medium, and only God is capable of permitting a dead person speak to the living.

-CryptoLutheran

Not even close to the same thing
Gen 1:14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

Necromancers can tell God what to do---right. We all should go to necromancers in order to get God to let us talk to the dead!!That anyone could possibly attribute this kind of thing to God is just plain ...............

Upvote 0

daleksteve

Jun 6, 2015
✟16,732.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Again, nowhere does it say there will be no sun! And you think that the God that created this earth to begin with, can't handle all this?? LOL! there was no rain before the flood--there was a mist that watered everything--Have you even read the bible?? What is silly are these statements!

Science and intelligent reasoning are so silly are they not. Lol

Of course i have read the bible, i don't read it literatllyy though. i use my intelligence when reading it

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Science and intelligent reasoning are so silly are they not. Lol

Of course i have read the bible, i don't read it literatllyy though. i use my intelligence when reading it

1Co_2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
1Co_1:19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.
1Co_1:20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
1Co_3:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.

Upvote 0

daleksteve

Jun 6, 2015
✟16,732.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Every time there's a flat-Earth thread I can't help but wonder how it's 2016 and people still believe the Earth is flat.

It's just dumb and stupid. the earth is round, planets are round you can see this through telescopes and do any number of experiments to that prove the earth is a sphere.

The bible is just simply wrong on this ocasion. ALthough i thinks its more of a case of it not being wrong but some christains not understanding what the verse actually mean. Most of this flat earth stuff is poetic.

If the earth is flat, show me the four corners?

Upvote 0