Where is all of the good Christian music?

Perceiver

Apr 15, 2010
✟15,136.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Britt Nicole-Set the world on Fire-
I, I am small but
You, You are big enough
I, I am weak but
You, You are strong enough to
Take my dreams
Come and give them wings

God never says He uses our dreams and ambitions. He tells us to die to ourselves daily the He may fill our heart up with His desires...His Will.

[

"Delight yourself in the Lord and he shall give you the desires of thy heart"

Psalm 37:4

God made us unique conscious beings for a reason and it wasn't so that we could be robots but so that we would have unique individual desires that do not conflict with his truth. People underestimate the freedom that is in Christ because they still struggle with desires that are outside of him.

Reactions: Quietus
Upvote 0

Perceiver

Apr 15, 2010
✟15,136.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
"Isn't Biblical" doesn't always mean "against scripture". A song about loosing your dog wouldn't be biblical, but it wouldn't be "against scripture". I'd be very interested in the songs you've heard on a Christian radio station that have lyrics that are actually "against scripture". Can you give me a handful of examples? Can you quote the lyrics you're referring to?

I can tell you one song sang in our church that bugs me for some reason. The lyrics go like this . . .

"Our God is greater, our God is stronger, God you are higher than any other." Really? The Bible teaches that there ARE no other gods. So how can our God be higher than any other???

Well the Bible actually makes such references for example Psalm 95:3.

It's why i am hesitant to criticize songs, the Bible is a big book and most people when writing Christian songs do take a great deal of direct scriptural inspiration from it.

Upvote 0

AnthonyMichaelPraisesGod

blessedandtotallyworthy
Sep 6, 2012
in a mystery
Visit site
✟8,219.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Yeah. And He says that those that give up their lives shall have them back.
We are the salt of the earth, but if the salt loses its flavor, what good is it but to be cast down and trampled underfoot? :3
Many blessings, brothers, in the name of our Lord. x3
<3

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
A

Andrew011

Hi,
My name is Andrew vast, as you posted here that you need good christian music. So, i have good reference for you as it provides me also a great experience in music. Yeah, Benjah music creation one of the most popular music that i heard last time.
So, in my views you also have good christian music when you go there as christian reggae music,christian hip-hop, benjamin leory thom and many more.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GrizzlyMonKeH

Chemical Engineering Undergraduate
Jul 23, 2012
Iowa State University
✟8,122.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

eyodis

EJY
Feb 22, 2013
American in Ukraine
Visit site
✟7,611.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
If you are tired of sappy christian songs, try listening/watching this youtube video of an original song recently posted by an almost virtually unknown artist (me): (oops-CF didn't let me post a link) Youtube search: Eric Yodis or eyodis, It's Not Fair.
Not sure what genre you are looking for, but this certainly isn't a nondescript song that leaves you scratching your head and wondering whether they were singing about Christ or their lover. Cheers!
PS. Leave a comment here or on youtube to let me know what you liked or didn't like about the song.

Upvote 0